FA on Foreignfilms.com - UK release of the DVD

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby styvisor » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:37 am

Hey Sydney,

Fucking Amal is now at No.1 in the Top Rated Films for Swedish films on Foreignfilms.com, but only by 0.03 of a point over no.2. So what I was thinking to keep it at the top for as long as possible is for everyone who visits this site to go to Foreignfilms.com and vote for it. ;)

Hope you don't get pissed with me for mentioning this site on your site. If so, Sorry.
Last edited by styvisor on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:44 am

Hej Sty,

Yeah well I registered today at foreignfilms and guess what I voted a 10. It was on position 5 overall, now it is on position 4 the last time I chequed.

And everyone is free to do the same of course. :lol:

Hope you don't get pissed with me for mentioning this site on your site. If so, Sorry.

Why should I? It isn't spam is it? ;)
Last edited by sydney on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby sydney » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:01 am

Btw I think the no. 1 is very strange. Someone says this movie has got no subtitles but has over 50 votes and is no. 1 in the top 100. :huh:

<a href='http://www.foreignfilms.com/films/2310.asp' target='_blank'>1. The Man with the Movie Camera</a>
Last edited by sydney on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby styvisor » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:20 pm

Yeah well I registered today at foreignfilms and guess what I voted a 10. It was on position 5 overall, now it is on position 4 the last time I chequed
Styvisor

Fucking Amal is now at No.1 in the Top Rated Films for Swedish films on Foreignfilms.com, but only by 0.03 of a point over no.2. So what I was thinking to keep it at the top for as long as possible is for everyone who visits this site to go to Foreignfilms.com and vote for it.
Sydney

Aahh, I see what you mean now. Whereas I was looking at just the Top Rated Swedish films, you were looking at the overall top 100 from all countries. I got a bit confused reading your reply wondering what you were on about.:unsure: at first but now :D FA is now at no.3 in the top 100 from all countries B)

Btw I think the no. 1 is very strange. Someone says this movie has got no subtitles but has over 50 votes and is no. 1 in the top 100. 

It is indeed odd that a film with no subtitles is at no.1. I think I might hunt it down. It'll give me something to do over the summer period :D
Last edited by styvisor on Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby clara » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:52 pm

I took your recommendation, Styvisor and visited Foreignfilms.com. A good site - I enjoyed looking at the lists. Needless to say, I voted for Fucking Amal, so hopefully it's made a difference!

Sydney,

You seem like a man in the know, so how would us British fans go about campaigning to have Fucking Amal/Show Me Love released on DVD? Who would we need to contact to get the ball rolling? It's a bloody disgrace that we only have the 'choice' of watching it on videotape........
Cheers,

Claire
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:21 pm

Who would we need to contact to get the ball rolling?

Momentum Pictures

2nd Floor, 184-192 Drummond Street, London NW1 3HP

Tel: 020 7391 6900
Fax: 020 7383 0404
<a href='mailto:andy.leyshon@momentumpictures.co.uk'>andy.leyshon@momentumpictures.co.uk</a>

I already sent a mail. It would help if everyone here who would like to have the British release of the DVD also would send a mail. :) Clara could even pay them a visit, being 35km away from them. :lol:

The reply says he's out of the office till the 13th of August. We'll have to wait till then before we get a reply.
Last edited by sydney on Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby clara » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:05 pm

Cheers Sydney,

I'll send an e-mail to the bloke at Momentum Pictures too. And I'll see what I can do with regard to paying him a visit - I'll have to get a day off work ;) Drummond Street is between Regent's Park and Euston train station, so it should be easy enough to get to :D

Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:13 am

clara wrote:
And I'll see what I can do with regard to paying him a visit Drummond Street is between Regent's Park and Euston train station, so it should be easy enough to get to :D

As long as you don't threaten them you have my blessing :lol:

I hope this works out! I think that a lot of British people would prefer to buy the DVD. VHS tape is something from the past.

So, people come on and mail Momentum pictures. :)

Oh and FÅ is on no. 3 in the top 100 of Foreignfilms B)

Tack så mycket (Cheers) :D,
Last edited by sydney on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby styvisor » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:27 pm

You can also count on me as well in sending an email to Momentum Pictures for FA to be released on DVD in the UK.... B)
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby bimboinhales » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:54 am

I too have emailed Momentum. I was actually very surprised that there hasn't been a DVD release in the UK.
bimboinhales

Postby clara » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:04 pm

Hej Sydney,

I e-mailed the bloke at Momentum Pictures. I promised him that if they release a British version of the DVD, we would advertise it on this site. Rather cheeky of me, I know :D but I hope you don't mind.......?

Meanwhile, I have ordered the video version of Show Me Love. Am awaiting it's arrival through the post - I've just got to see that film again, dammit! :D Am I getting all lesbian or something?! ;)

Take care,

Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:01 am

clara wrote: Hej Sydney,

I e-mailed the bloke at Momentum Pictures. I promised him that if they release a British version of the DVD, we would advertise it on this site. Rather cheeky of me, I know :D but I hope you don't mind.......?

No problem of course. I will find a space for it :) Btw it was a bit cheeky but also very clever at the same time. :lol:

Meanwhile, I have ordered the video version of Show Me Love. Am awaiting it's arrival through the post - I've just got to see that film again, dammit! :D Am I getting all lesbian or something?! ;)

Well I've seen Fucking Åmål loads of times and I haven't turned into a lesbian. Ahum..... a well, It could be because I am a man. <_<

Hej då,
sydney

Postby clara » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:03 pm

Sydney.

Well I've seen Fucking Amal loads of times and I haven't turned into a lesbian. Ahum, a well, It could be because I am a man. <_<

Hee hee, no I don't suppose you could become a lesbian then! ;) Seriously though, I was wondering if many people do discover their true sexual identity/preferences through watching a film, and in particular, FA. I remember reading a post here by another forum member (can't remember her name) who said that she is finally going to be proud of her bisexuality as a result (I think) of watching Fucking Amal. I think that with FA is the message that we should stick by what's right for each of us, so that could be life changing for the viewer.

Btw, Andy Leyshon replied to my e-mail (and no doubt everybody else who asked to him to consider a British DVD release of FA), saying that he doesn't deal with video/dvd releases. He is in theatrical sales. He is going to forward the e-mails on the relevant person. He seemed a nice chap....... :)

Ta ta,

Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby sydney » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:01 pm

clara wrote: Seriously though, I was wondering if many people do discover their true sexual identity/preferences through watching a film, and in particular, FA.  I think that with FA is the message that we should stick by what's right for each of us, so that could be life changing for the viewer.

Hi Clara,

I think that too. FÅ shows us that you should live the life that you want to. This could mean that someone who is bi sexual becomes proud about her/his sexuality. But it has not to be the sexuality. As you stated it is a mather of right. Your own right of living!!! The right to chose what you want to do. I do not have statistics or something to confirm your statement that this film changed many peoples life. However I am convinced that this film was the sparkle many people needed to think about changing their lives. I have read many posts regarding this film, not only in this forum, which have clarified this for me.

I saw the British movie "My name is Joe" on Belgian Television a few moments ago. A bit influenced by this magnificent social realistic drama, I could go on write about this subject for hours. :rolleyes:

Btw, Andy Leyshon replied to my e-mail (and no doubt everybody else who asked to him to consider a British DVD release of FA), saying that he doesn't deal with video/dvd releases. He is in theatrical sales. He is going to forward the e-mails on the relevant person. He seemed a nice chap....... :)

Yeah he sure seemed nice. Let's hope it brings us to the first region 2 DVD in English. :)

hej då,
Last edited by sydney on Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sydney

Postby clara » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:35 pm

Hey Sydney,

Yes, you are right. It's like when I was watching 'Aimee and Jaguar' last week too. The 'Jaguar' of the title, Felice Schragenheim, was a lesbian and Jewish, as well as working for the underground resistance during the Second World War. Now, when you think of it, THAT was daring. Yet, even though she knew that she was taking a risk, she decided to stay in Berlin with her lover Lilly Wust, because she was in love. She did what felt totally natural to her. We are all basically looking for love and how we go about achieving that, through heterosexuality or homosexuality etc., should be nobody's business but ours. In a perfect world........ :)

However, I am convinced that this film (Fucking Amal) was the sparkle many needed to think about changing their lives

Yes, I had a strange feeling of calm after I had watched FA. It made me realise that I had hidden many feelings over the years and that I was denying them. The sense of release that I felt after the film has stayed with me. It has made me look at myself and my life - what has gone before and where it is heading. So, quite an introspective week for me........! :rolleyes:

I saw the Britisch movie "My Name is Joe" on Belgian Television a few moments ago.

I haven't seen this film, but I hear that it is set in Glasgow, Scotland, so well done if you could understand the accents! My neighbour is from Glasgow and I still don't understand a word she says! :lol:

Night, night,

Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)