My first Experience

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

My first Experience

Postby edu » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:21 pm

Hi everybody.
This is my first post here. 3 weeks and 4 days ago I watched FÅ for the first time.
I was doing a DVD with music videos, and searching a video of Tatu to complete my wish of 3 videos per artist, I found a video of the song "show me love" that had parts of tatu shows mixed up with parts of a film called Fucking Åmål. It seems to be a very interesting story and, for that reason I run emule (sorry) to download the film. :roll:

Since that day (when I watched FÅ), I've been thinking about the film every hour, every day, every week. I've downloaded almost 2Gb of information about FÅ. Pictures, Videos, whole sites. I've been feeling so down that I could just stay in front of the screen watching pictures and reading about FÅ. I couldn't even concentrate at work. My productivity have decreased. I don't know. It's difficult to express feelings with words (and even more difficult in english). My girlfriend asked me why I was feeling that way and I didn't know what to answer, but after reading this forum I realised it's a common feeling caused by the film.

The problem is I'm not a teenager but a thirty-year-old person. In a teenager that feeling is understandable, but at my age and being almost married... I don't know... it seems childish. :oops:

It is said that time cures everything, but as Eagle wrote, I don't want to lose interest in FÅ. I just want to be capable of doing other things.

BTW, it's a pity that most of the sites about FÅ don't exist anymore. Should I do my own site? I'm a coder, and Rebecka is a programmer. Hmmm... we could form a team :wink:
edu

Postby Eagle » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:47 am

Join the Club, man. Join the club.

I'm actually surprised we are such a small club, all considered. I tried to find a FA community the moment I finished watching the movie - and while I am not a movie fanatic, I've still watched enough movies to know that is not a common feeling for me.
Eagle

Postby kant1781 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:42 am

Hi edu, and welcome onboard! Actually the club used to be a little bigger, it has quite diminished in size. A lot of regular contributors dropped out in the last months, the site changed its name and domain, and so on... I joined about one and a half year ago and it seems that I am one of the veteran posters by now... most people seem to drop out again after some months or even weeks. And anway, if you take a look at the memberlist you will find out that about 50% of the total posts of this forum were written by 5% of the members. So it would be really great to have more people like you here writing regularly!
Concerning your situation, edu, we are (or, used to be) in the same boat, as you have probably learned from that other thread. It's like Spain wrote (but he didn't write it here, only on imdb!! :wink: ):
"For the last 24 hours I've had a burning stone in the place of my heart."
I remember how that feels! But let me assure you, it goes away. Now, two years after having been hit and literally countless nights of FÅ-watching, it doesn't feel like being burningly, madly in love anymore. But still, as you see, I haven't lost my interest! Thinking of FÅ today is more like having warm, comforting memories of a very old, very intimate friend that you know by heart, in and out.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:00 pm

Sounds like something to look forward to ... having my infatuation with this movie mature into a friendship like you describe :)
Eagle

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)