who are you

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby CrIpLeX » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:27 pm

Hmm, that must be odd for you...
A parent should never read a diary of his/her daughter/sun.
You have to tell them when you are ready for it, and now you are pushed to tell it, when you didn't chose for it...
I'm not gay tough, but i understand what you feel.
I'm a boy, but i often think about it how it must be as a girl, and therefore also how it is to be lesbian.
I'm sorry if this messagboard is only for gay girls, but i thought it was a great movie, and I really understand how it must feel. If i was gay, i think i would come out for it, but I understand it must be hard. I often think about it but i'm pretty shure that i'm not gay tough. But i wouldn't mind if I was.
I would say, keep breathing, wait for the right moment and come out for it, don't try to hide it from yourself !

Respect from Belgium
Last edited by CrIpLeX on Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrIpLeX

Postby styvisor » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:56 pm

I'm sorry if this messagboard is only for gay girls

Hello CrIpLeX,

This site is non-discriminate, meaning that anyone gay, straight, boy, girl, man woman, weird etc can post freely here.... Which means that you can come to this site and leave comments about the film, actress's or whatever in the Off Topic whenever you feel like :D . Btw, welcome to the site B)

Cheers and beers from Wales,

Styvisor
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:18 pm

Sty has already mentioned the principles of this forum. But I wanted to add that the subject of the movie itself is greater than homosexuality. Everyone can identify with the subject of being expelled from a group (In dutch: groepjesvorming) or/and being afraid to show your true feelings. This site is an open discussion forum for everyone with the same open thoughts.

Groeten van een Ollander ;) ,
sydney

Postby Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:58 pm

Actually, there are many male fans of Show Me Love. Roger Ebert loved the movie.
Jusenkyo no Pikachu

Postby whwgg » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:12 pm

I saw the movie at the end of last year, and I have been obsessed with it since then. I¡¦ve watched it countless times. Moreover, I hope I can learn Swedish in the future¡XI hope I can start it now, but I¡¦m too busy. However, learning Swedish will be a dream for me. I think I tend to be the Agnes type, but not so alienated to my classmates. What we are similiar should be our intelligence. haha...
whwgg

Postby marie » Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:27 am

i think im more of agnes than elin because like her, i never really had friends( in highshcool) im in college now. ive always known that im gay but ive never told it to anyone. im just afraid that people will look at me very differently. my friends now have no idea that im gay.
one more similarity is we both do good in school. she in literature, me in math!!

marie
marie

Postby rechan » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:25 am

hi my name is rechan.
i remember the night i saw thw movie. it was more then two years ago.
even though i had a final exam the next day.
i've tried to find the movie on the net and in tv magazine with no success.
here in israel where i live most of our foreign movies/tv programes/songs etc. are in english, spanish or french. so finding a swedish movie it's a little bit hard.

i must say that this movie show me that i'm not the only case of a man who doesn't know how to define himself. what i like, what i don't, what's my opinion about this subject and what's my opinion about the other subject.
both elin and agnes are vulnerable and immune each one in her own way.
and like any other human being we must find the person that would make us exteriorize only our good degrees.

anyway if you see alexandra or rebecka send them my regardes and tell them that they have a small fan far in jerusalem
rechan
rechan

Postby farnez » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:25 am

hola a todos, primero quiero decir que esta es la mejor pelicula ke he visto y cuando la vi me asusto porque Agnes es mi retrato,es la mejor pelicula ke he visto. tambien queria decir ke quisiera conocer amigos ke esten interesados en esta pelicula asi ke escribanme a

farnez_fa@hotmail.com

bye
farnez

Postby Love-Elin » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:45 pm

heyy,

I think Im like Agnes. I olso love a popular girl, and I just can't tell her. She told me she loved me, and we kissed, but I was too shy so now she's got another girl. Its been a year since we kissed, but I still love her and cant get her out of my mind. I also ceep a diary in my computer. My mom found out Im bisexual when she read my diary in the computer. I wish I had a girl like Elin, she's sooooo cute!
Love-Elin

Postby martina » Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:28 am

Somehow.... I think I like agnes.
I'm not a active girl in school or with friends. I also fall in love with a girl, and she has the character 100% similar with Elin. She's also younger than me for 2 yrs. She's a cute girl, however..................... she's in love with another girl.. thats' the difference.
Also.. I'm glad that I hv qute a lot of friends, this' another character that's not similar with Anges.
martina

Postby Excey » Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:26 pm

I'm definitly more like Agnes because I am very similar to her.
Btw, I'm new here to hi! I love the film it is one of my favourites :D
Excey

Postby anticheerleader » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:03 am

to tell the truth im kinda both of them: i am like agnes because there is a girl that i have a crush on, no one knows though....(well i guess you know)but then again im not lonely or have no friends or anything like that. I also have a crush on a guy so im kinda like elin.
anticheerleader

Postby musicluver990 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:21 am

Hello I'm new here! I heard about this film in a "Thirteen" forum, still haven't seen it, but from what I hear... I am more like:

Agnes. I tend to dress like that, and I look a lot like her too. I'm unsure about my sexuality, but I think I'm bisexual, and no, it's not hormones. I'm 14, and that's the only thing I got in common with Elin. Um I can't tell anyone, because my parents are total homophobes and I'm just not ready to tell my friends yet, especially one of them, whom I have fallen for, who happens to be Swedish, because I don't know how she'd react. I have a lot more friends than Agnes does. I'm pretty much friends with everyone in my grade, but I'm not popular. Um I think that's about it! Hi y'all!
<i>The only one I love, she was a superstar.</i>
musicluver990
Faithfull Member

Postby Excey » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:57 pm

Hello and welcome!
You know, I'm exactly the same as you according to what you put there.
Excey

Postby musicluver990 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:00 pm

Oh cool! And I just saw the movie, thanks to one of my Swedish friends who downloaded and sent the film (with English subititles) to me through the computer! It's so good, I'm gonna go watch it again! lol
<i>The only one I love, she was a superstar.</i>
musicluver990
Faithfull Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)