hey FA fans

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby foreverlongingSarah » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:20 am

hey, My name is Kris, im 14, f, new jersey USA. Fucking Amal / Show me Love, is the best movie out there in my opinion. It really can touch a persons heart I feel that i can relate a lot to the movie, and everytime i see it i love it more and more. Well just thought i'd introduce myself.

*Kris*
foreverlongingSarah

Postby clara » Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:39 am

Welcome to the forum, Kris!

Clara
clara
Faithfull Member

Postby Iamyouknowyours » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:14 am

Hi! I am a lesbian and have found it hard to find good movies that deal with lesbianism without resorting to tired cliches. Several different people had recommended Show Me Love, or as I feel it was better titled, Fucking Amal. The search for a copy of the film took a while but within the first few minutes of the movie I had the feeling I had stumbled upon something great. The writing was phenomenal, the actresses are way beyond their years and the direction was superb. Best of all, it felt true to teenage life, something I have experienced only two other times in fictional works: the television series My So-Called Life and the classic book Catcher In The Rye. Needless to say Fucking Amal is my new favorite movie, I' m already trying to find some of the actresses and directors other works (difficult in the united states) and I'm feeling inspired to take another stab at a lesbian screenplay I've been working on that I had gotten discouraged with. Lord knows if I write anything half as good as Fucking Amal, I'll have done a good job. Gee, I've rambled on a lot. Glad to be here. Hoping to share thoughts with other people who love this movie.
Iamyouknowyours

Postby foreverlongingSarah » Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:32 am

thanks for your responses. I've been trying to write a novel to about teenage lesbianism(is that even a word :-p) but i know it wont even compare to Fucking Amal....
foreverlongingSarah

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)