Agnes&Elin today?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:36 am

Ah, okay. Thanks for that. Alexandra doesn't look any different, really.
No more recent ones of Rebecka?

She looks stunning in those ones, though, thanks for that!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:47 pm

The thing is that Alexandra is still working as an actress (well, more or less, as it seems today), so there still are and will be new pictures of hers, while Rebecka has completely retired from the spotlight and is not a public figure anymore of whom professional or paparazzi pictures would be published. (Friends living in Sweden, correct me if that's wrong from your perspective.) The last thing I've seen from a public appearance is this (2004):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uETu_uPVIII
I'm afraid that something like her myspace page is the closest her fans will ever get in the future.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:57 am

Oh dear. That's heartbreaking. :(

On the plus side, she has a MySpace page?!

:D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 am

Anyone know if Rebecka and Alexandra are still friends, by the way?
Ian
Webmaster

Postby droopy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 am

There was a time back in late 1999 when there was a fan page created by Fredrik who actually knew Rebecka personally and one new fan (Miloslav Surgos) from Slovakia decided to go to Sweden for an interview with her. He managed to make an appointment with Fredrik and finally with Rebecka as well. He met her, asked her few questions and Fredrik took one picture...

You can read it here: http://amal.host.sk/fainterviews.htm#cdeng (if the page is running) or in google cache .. it's titled "Rebecka Liljeberg or How to meet a film star..." with a full interview below the story.

But wow! Rebecka has a MySpace account. What a surprise!
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:47 am

Thanks for that. Lucky sod, eh?

Yeah, I've found her Myspace page. There's some nice photos on there.

Just a shame I can't understand a word she says! :lol: :(
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 am

codyw1 wrote:On the plus side, she has a MySpace page?! :D

I was about to say, just read my posts in this thread carefully :wink:, but so you found it.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:33 pm

kant1781 wrote:The thing is that Alexandra is still working as an actress (well, more or less, as it seems today), so there still are and will be new pictures of hers, while Rebecka has completely retired from the spotlight and is not a public figure anymore of whom professional or paparazzi pictures would be published. (Friends living in Sweden, correct me if that's wrong from your perspective.)

No that's right, Rebecka is not a public figure in Sweden anymore, she is never featured in magazines or anything that I know of.

Alexandra lives in Italy at the moment, but you've probably heard of this.

She is mentioned in Swedish newspapers sometimes, I think the most recent time was this last fall.

She attended Stockholm FilmFestival at that time with her short movie Lacrimosa which she had directed herself.

The film was praised but didn't win any awards, she said herself she'd never been in filmschool but loves to make movies :)

(The photo of her is from a different moment)

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:04 am

Agnes&Elin Forever wrote:She attended Stockholm FilmFestival at that time with her short movie Lacrimosa which she had directed herself.

:shock: Now that is interesting! Look at this, once or twice in a year we do get a real piece of news in here after all :wink: !
Thanks a lot for this! Google says that she did receive an "honorable mention" for the film. Is there any way of getting to see it or at least clips?

(It shows unfortunately that Jenny seems to have given up working on alexandra-dahlstrom.com... this would have never escaped her notice.) *:|*
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:54 am

[quote="Agnes&Elin Forever!"][quote="kant1781"]The thing is that

No that's right, Rebecka is not a public figure in Sweden anymore, she is never featured in magazines or anything that I know of.

quote]

I really do find that heartbreaking. :cry: I hope someone can offer her a project sometime that she would find irresistible to do.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby loney » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:02 am

wow, crazy, she (rebecka) put up so many pics on her myspace.. although it seems she no longer maintains it. i love the pic where she made those toy train tracks in 3 hours or whatever it says. she still looks very young hehe.

BTW, I was not really keen on FA sequel as well (nothing will top the original), but I too agree something like Before Sunrise/Sunset (aside: they're my fav. too!) could actually work with FA.. and both girls still look absolutely gorgeous. I know it'll probably never happen since Rebecka is still in school and has two kids and probably gives no care about acting anymore, but maybe one day she'll want a break from her med student/mother role and give acting a chance again??

as for moodysson..his films get more and more inaccessible.. so for old times sake maybe he should write FA2 script :D
loney

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:18 am

A sequel is always a worrisome business... but how much would we all kill to see Rebecka and Alexandra together again? The 10 year anniversary would probably be now or never... :(
Last edited by Ian on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:19 am

Yeah, it doesn't look like she's even been on the site since November. Hope she hasn't given it up entirely...it would seem to be the only chance to see her nowadays! :cry:
Last edited by Ian on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:20 am

She does still look young...

... and beautiful.

:oops:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:00 am

In all honesty (don't hit me :wink: ) I haven't even seen any of Moodyson's other work. None of them sound terribly appealing, to be honest.

Plus none of them have Rebecka LIljeberg in them.

Silly man.

:roll:
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)