Agnes&Elin today?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Agnes&Elin today?

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:26 pm

Since Rebecca and Alexandra have blossomed into beautiful young women it would be nice to imagine them together today :)

They were so cute together as teenagers, but they would also look lovely together now that they are in their mid 20s :)

Image Image
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby gruyo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:03 pm

I think is not a good idea a continuation, this is my reason:
It`s really difficult to find a magistral film as FA is, but more difficult is to obtain it with a real story, not only fiction like many films are.
When FA ends, we can keep Agnes smile and hapiness in mind forever, this agreeable feeling, is the one i want, this would change with a second part.
To see Rebecca and Alexandra acting together nowadays, would be fine, but in another story, hope a nice one, but that`s all;
Magic of FA will last another 10 years, 20, ... Forever.
gruyo

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:03 pm

Yes gruyo you're absolutely right, I don't think a second part of FA would be a good idea either.

I just mean it's nice to think of Rebecca and Alexandra together as Agnes and Elin now when they are a little older :)

The film FA stands for itself, and I think the short story "Fucking Åmål-Five Years Later" is a fitting end for these two characters :)
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby gruyo » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:57 pm

I started reading today: Fucking Åmål-Five Years Later, and i stopped,
I can`t do it , I feel like making a sacrilegy.
gruyo

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:27 pm

Ok, I understand, but it has some real nice details from the film that you will recognise, and it ends happily, after this we know they will be together, one way or another, forever :)

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:41 pm

It was also so sweet when Rebecca was interviewed by a Norwegian magazine in 1999, she said that maybe they would make a follow-up to Fucking Åmål in twenty years time.

The interviewer asked, "are Agnes and Elin still together in twenty years?"

"Yes I think they are" Rebecca said with a smile

:)

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby gruyo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:15 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever!, probably that was a joke, or she was so young that didn't realize what she was saying, or she was tired of the same question again and she answered the first thing she thought at that moment,
anyway it seems nice to have seem all those interviews at the moment,
Because for me, that i had discovered FA now is too late, you are lucky that it was a swedish film and almost everybody up there, saw it in 1998-99, here in spain FA didn't came until 2001, and the original version with subtitles, think 99% films here are dubbed, so it was a miracle to discover it at that time-only one cinema, in a big city like Madrid-,
It's a shame, everybody all over the world should have the right to see it, I discovered it seeking in internet for good films, but recommended by normal people, and wow!, i can't be more pleased to the anonym person who recommended it, now i try to spread it.
gruyo

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Hello gruyo

Yes of course she didn't mean it so seriously that they would make a follow-up in twenty years time.

But it was a nice thing to say that if maybe they did it, she believed Agnes and Elin were still together.

Rebecca is a very romantic person in real life!

Anyway good for you that you finally discovered this film.

And it's still available on DVD from many internet shops, both with subtitles and dubbed in different languages.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:28 am

I like your putting together these two pictures in your first post in this thread, but you cheat a little :wink: While the right pic of Alexandra is really a 2004 or 2005 photography, the left one of Rebecka is really a still from that interview for Swedish television she did in 1999, so it's nearly as old as Fucking Åmål... I guess that today nobody except for people who know her personally has any idea how Rebecka looks these days. Or is that different in Sweden?
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:47 am

....and, to add my five cent about doing a sequel (although I have written this here before, but that was nearly three years ago): It's not only Rebecka who said (jokingly!) they'd do a sequel in 20 years, Lukas Moodysson said the same thing (back around 1999). And, hell, if they did, I'd cheer and applaud! I really don't understand how everybody is so afraid of the idea. Sure: 95% of film sequels are crap. But this could be different. My favourite example is Richard Linklater's sequel to his wonderful film "Before Sunrise" (1995), which is my second favourite love story in independent film (guess which is my true favourite). He did a sequel to it nine years later ("Before Sunset"), with the same actors and the same crew, and with a script that took up the story nine years later too; so the characters had grown together with their actors. That is a brilliant idea, and if some day Moodysson had a vision of a new story to tell about Agnes and Elin as young women - why not? Of course, it could turn out to be bad, but so what? We would still have the original film to adore. Nothing would be destroyed.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:21 am

kant1781 wrote:I like your putting together these two pictures in your first post in this thread, but you cheat a little :wink: While the right pic of Alexandra is really a 2004 or 2005 photography, the left one of Rebecka is really a still from that interview for Swedish television she did in 1999, so it's nearly as old as Fucking Åmål... I guess that today nobody except for people who know her personally has any idea how Rebecka looks these days. Or is that different in Sweden?

Ok, I didn't know exactly from when this interview was, of course I realized that it wasn't brand new, but I think she looks a bit older, had no idea it was from 1999!!
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:24 am

Maybe the latest photo of Rebecka you may find on the net is this. Found it by chance while checking out the space of her boyfriend's band, Gosta Berlings Saga.. At least, it clearly seems to be her.
kant1781
Crew Member

Re: Agnes&Elin today?

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:11 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Since Rebecca and Alexandra have blossomed into beautiful young women it would be nice to imagine them together today :)

They were so cute together as teenagers, but they would also look lovely together now that they are in their mid 20s :)

Image Image

Are they recent photos? My God, Rebecka is still as gorgeous as ever. Woah.
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Agnes&Elin today?

Postby fraks » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 am

codyw1 wrote:Are they recent photos?

Nej, this Rebecka's photos - ~1998-1999 year.
http://www.goodwin.ee/sajber/index.html
http://www.goodwin.ee/sajber/screenshots.html
http://www.goodwin.ee/sajber/sajber.mpg
----
Here is photography Alexander approximately 2005.
fraks
Silver Member

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 am

Ah, okay. Thanks for that.
Last edited by Ian on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian
Webmaster

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)