Broder Daniel

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Broder Daniel

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 pm

If you like the songs from FA by Broder Daniel you should check out the rest of their music as well.

They are now a legendary indie pop-band in Sweden and have done some brilliant songs over the years, I love them!

Their first record was released in 1995 and in the beginning they were pretty obscure. They reached a much bigger audience because of their songs on the FA soundtrack.

They never became really big though, did some gigs in the late 90s, only a few in early 2000, and didn't release any new albums between 1998-2003.

They did a comeback with a new record in late 2003 and also released a compilation album in 2005.

It's unsure whether they still exist as a band today, the lead singer Henrik Berggren
has played a few solo gigs in recent times.

ImageImage
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:42 am

I like them quite a lot.I have a couple of songs from them.Those from FÅ are the best plus Shoreline which is a susprisingly great track.
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi Max Lynx

Glad you like Broder Daniel

Yes Shoreline is one of their best songs

But the demoversion of it that you can find on the compilation album No Time For Us, is even better than the regular studio version in my opinion!

Another great BD song is Happy People Never Fantasize, that song could maybe also have been good in Fucking Åmål.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Check out their videos on You Tube for the songs featured in Fucking Åmål, I'll Be Gone and Underground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MibK_LCF7hs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afluDAFK37w&feature=related

Sadly an official video was never made for Whirlwind the most important song from Fucking Åmål.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)