A love like this

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby eiger » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:56 pm

you're so right cody!!!
^O^
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby droopy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Anyway, lets dream away a little more, Moodysson once jokingly said that maybe a new film would involve Agnes and Elin going on a trip together to the Swedish "Fjällen", the mountainous northern parts of the country.

That is, a new film wouldn't have to be about the couple remaining together or not, but instead could be lighter in touch and just be a humorous story about a holiday-adventure :lol:

That would be one way to go for me :) It definitely had to have something different in focus. I really see FA as a full movie, as, it has all it needs for perfect recreation of story at hand. So a sequel should had some new element that moves the story to the new frontiers :)

And of course they should be together, but that's not the point. We saw them together, (and were madly happy about it,) but that's the past. It could be the present, but I can see all other possibilities. I wouldn't rule them out just because some of us are "hopeless romantics" :)
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:41 am

[quote="Agnes&Elin Forever
Anyway, lets dream away a little more, Moodysson once jokingly said that maybe a new film would involve Agnes and Elin going on a trip together to the Swedish "Fjällen", the mountainous northern parts of the country.

That is, a new film wouldn't have to be about the couple remaining together or not, but instead could be lighter in touch and just be a humorous story about a holiday-adventure :lol:

What do you think about this?
][/quote]

Heh heh, sounds fun. We can dream, I guess.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:06 pm

Of course what is unique about FÅ is also that there is an innocence about the film, in the sense that nobody expected the great success it eventually was, and that it was made on such a limited budget.

A second film could never have this starting point, it would probably have to live up to a lot of different expectations, but maybe this wouldn't matter to someone like Moodysson?

He could just make "FÅ part 2", also on a low budget, and wouldn't care what the audience or critics thought about it?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:36 pm

EDIT: started a new topic for this post instead
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Alyson » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:26 pm

I do want a sequel but at the same time i don´t... :? but then i would like to see them again :lol: does it make any sense at all? kkkkkk

Oh...how i wonder and how i´m thankful for the O´BOY SCENE! :D
I know that when they´re walking out of school together ("We look so good/we don´t care") would be also a great ending BUT the curiosity of what was going to happen next would be too hard to handle :wink:
Alyson

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:56 am

Alyson wrote:I do want a sequel but at the same time i don´t... :? but then i would like to see them again :lol: does it make any sense at all? kkkkkk

:

Of course it does. I think most of us feel the same, really. We'd love to see Elin and Agnes again, because we love them; at the same time, we're afraid that any sequel couldn't possibly be as good, or, even worse, might adversely affect our perception and enjoyment of the original. It's always a double-edged sword.
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)