Fucking Åmål on television?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Fucking Åmål on television?

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Has FÅ been shown on tv in your countries, before or recently?

In Sweden it has only been shown twice on tv since it's theatrical release, in february 2001 and december 2002.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby andreyvit » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:54 pm

It was shown in Russia, since my ex-wife has seen it on TV. Don't know when and how many times, though.
Andrey.
andreyvit

Re: Fucking Åmål on television?

Postby kant1781 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:12 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:In Sweden it has only been shown twice on tv since it's theatrical release, in february 2001 and december 2002.

What??? :shock: Incredible! Why is that? I thought it is considered a classic? How do younger people learn about it? Do they watch it in school? (I think some kids in Germany do.)

In Germany, it came to the TV screen very late. The average time for an arthouse/independent film to be shown on TV here is two or three years after its theatrical release, so it should have been on around 2002. But it wasn't before November 2004 that it was shown for the first time. Since then, however, it has been shown at least three oder even four more times. (But, it must be said, always late in the night.)

There's even a thread about it in this forum (in German only).
In it, someone observed that after each showing of the film on German TV, the number of "most users ever online" in this forum skyrocketed. :lol:
http://www.showmelove.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:24 am

That's rather odd if true about Sweden, given what a massive success it was. Bizarre.

I don't know how many times it's been shown in oz, but it was on a couple of years ago on SBS.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:24 am

Yes it may seem like very little, and it's a shame perhaps, but not all classic films are shown regularly on Swedish tv.

But the sad truth is also that even though this film is by no means forgotten in Sweden, it's not at all as talked about these days, as it was when it premiered.

One reason is maybe that Moodysson's latest projects have been so weird and such commercial flops.

Another reason could be that all the young actors except Alexandra virtually disappeared from the film-business, and even she has only had small success so far.

I don't know if it's shown in Swedish schools these days, I know it has been shown before.

Fucking Åmål and most of the people surrounding it are falling into oblivion...?

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:18 am

Yes, it's rather depressing. Especially in regards to Rebecka. :(
Ian
Webmaster

Postby gruyo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:55 pm

In Spain very late too, 2006 and 2007 on a secondary channel and late night, luckily i didn't discover it then, so i watched it on my projector with no comercials, like on cinema, 9 years later,
But never is too late for this masterpiece.
gruyo

Postby kant1781 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:02 am

For all the poor souls who still don't have their own copy:

Fucking Åmål is coming on again on German and French TV channel ARTE
on Thursday March 13th, 9:00 pm (Paris/Berlin time).
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Matt_fly » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 pm

It has been shown yesterday night as prime-time on arte ( which is a french and german tv ).
Matt_fly

Postby hcd » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:34 am

It has been shown yesterday night as prime-time on arte ( which is a french and german tv ).

And today afternoon in a re-run.

However, I've seen it yesterday the first time. Wow, what a movie. Great actors and great music.

I'll buy the DVD definitely. I also searched for the soundtrack, but it's out of order everywhere. *boo hoo*
hcd
Faithfull Member

Postby fraks » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:27 am

Here, there is whole music from film in mp3
http://tatudream1.free.fr/Anglais/musique_mp3.htm
fraks
Silver Member

Postby bjarne » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:42 pm

wow, first of all, i had not been able to imagine that there is a kind of fan-community somewhere out there that is still active!:) so great...

well, i have seen the movie on arte as well, also the repitition^^
I've read that FA was broadcasted in about november 2004 on german broadcasting company ARD, but quite late at night...

so that's why i love arte, a great "indie"-channel without any commercials and with other great movies etc. that are broadcasted there.

but the movie has made me breathless for several days now and i just can't stop listening to the music and watching scenes on youtube... is it the same with you?
bjarne

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Welcome bjarne!

Yes we all love FÅ and want to keep it alive and not forgotten :)

Where are you from btw?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby bjarne » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:15 pm

i am from Germany, even if my scandinavian name tells something different^^:D :P

almost 10 years now since the film came out...
why didn't i watch it before?

i think nearly every broadcasting channel is filled up with this "major"-rubbish.
series, soap-operas and movies without any deeper sense and meaning are shown everywhere.

such beautiful movies, just as FA, are broadcasted too less i think...
bjarne

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm

bjarne wrote:
i am from Germany, even if my scandinavian name tells something different^^:D :P

such beautiful movies, just as FA, are broadcasted too less i think...

Yes it's a Norwegian name, so that is why I asked :)

It's also a testament to this films beauty and artistic independence that they didn't make a sequel, or that Moodysson didn't let Hollywood do a remake of it!
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)