show me love on youtube

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

show me love on youtube

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:48 am

Anyone else utterly love the FA stuff on Youtube? Various interviews (the Rebecka one is just too cute) and some absolutely GLORIOUS music videos (many of them from our own fridalove). Absolutely obsessed with them at the moment, keeping my love going!

:wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ronja » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:38 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wd5iwAyIRI this is a kind of funny parody :P
Ronja

Postby kant1781 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:32 pm

The best Fucking Åmål music video that has ever been made (in my opinion) is not on youtube. Try this (10 MB though):

http://www.achim-der-angler.de/fa/fa_brace_yourself.zip

The song is "Brace Yourself" by Howie B.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby eric » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:38 pm

Wow, what a powerful song and awesome video. It would have been an even better title song for FA. I hope they include it on a DVD if they ever make a rerelease. I'd bet if this had been broadcast on MTV at the time, FA would have brought hundreds of millions of people to the cinemas. And it kind of reminds me of Apologize from Timbaland.

Do you know the story of that song and/or, video? Was it specifically done by Howie Day as a tribute to FA or was the video done by somebody else?. The song really fits FA well.

And I "discovered" the FA Soundtrack today too, and found out that the the second track (Drifter, one of my favourites) is by Yvonne, which coincidentally is the name of a girl I had a crush on (and maybe still have), when I was at the age of Agnes and Elin. Oh Well.

Thank you so much kant for posting that link. And for your esay. Since I was here in 2006 I have seen Lost in Translation so many times. It really is a great romantic movie. I still haven't seen Magnolia, but I promise to do so. Thanks for these recommendations too.

Somehow it's a pity that all of this great material is so distributed all over the net. Probably too much work for me, but a FA wiki would make it possible for everyone to contribute. I'll have to think about that.

BRACE YOURSELFS, FA fans and lovers!! I'm off to search for more Howie Day songs.

(eric, who is still in love with FA (the greatest love story ever, at least the Romeo and Juliet of our times), has Brace Yourself on heavy rotation and is smiling all over his face after having seen FA on ARTE again last friday.)
eric

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Yes that was a lovely video Kant!

The images of FÅ also have such charisma, both the scenes and the girls themselves, it's magic!

Btw, this footage looked less grainy than normal, what is the picture source, is it manipulated in some way, or is it just because the screen is so small?

I like the grainy photography of FÅ, but this also looked good!
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Great, isn't it? Very happy that you like it. :)
And welcome back, eric. You have noticed my mistake: The singer is Howie Day, not Howie B. (Don't get the wrong CD! :wink: )
He wasn't involved with this video. It was made by a Fucking Åmål fan from Germany who was active in this forum for half a year in 2005. His user name was common svensson. You'll find his old posts via the member list. He also did a second one, but the link seems to be broken, and this one was his masterpiece anyway. What I especially admire about it that it tells a real story via the song and the video editing, it's not just a random collection of favourite scenes from the film.
I have no idea how he improved the picture quality...
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby bjarne » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:33 pm

i put some music made by myself to video from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_KcyEHZ5nQ

hope you like it. it is not the final mix but i just couldn't wait to uplaod it, maybe i'm gonna upload a newer version when it is done;)
unfortunatelly, it wans't possible to leave the original sound like voices etc. because then i would also have had to leave the original backgound song...

regards,

bjarne
bjarne

Postby eric » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:18 pm

kant1781 wrote:Great, isn't it? Very happy that you like it. :)
And welcome back, eric. You have noticed my mistake: The singer is Howie Day, not Howie B. (Don't get the wrong CD! :wink: )
He wasn't involved with this video. It was made by a Fucking Åmål fan from Germany who was active in this forum for half a year in 2005. His user name was common svensson. You'll find his old posts via the member list. He also did a second one, but the link seems to be broken, and this one was his masterpiece anyway. What I especially admire about it that it tells a real story via the song and the video editing, it's not just a random collection of favourite scenes from the film.
I have no idea how he improved the picture quality...

I tried to upload the video to youtube (just couldn't resist), but it was rejected, due to "terms of use violation". Whatever that means, they didn't want to tell me anything specific. Looks like the Vogons have taken control of YouTube, so I'm going to spread it to some other sites then. I mean it's just too good to stay hidden in the dark corners of the internet. I'm not even their first victim. They even rejected a home made video of a dog and dozens more perfectly legal videos. I wonder how long it will take, until "PirateTube" pops up. Down with the thought police, I say. :D

The second (actually his first) video is still up for grabs here:
http://www.achim-der-angler.de/fa/fa_an ... e_does.zip

But the music totally spoils it for me. It's too fast and I don't like Phil Collins. My father is a huge fan of Phil and so I listened to his voice too often. But, if I mute the audio channel and listen to Brace Yourself instead, it's quite nice. But you're right, the Brace Yourself video is really his masterpiece.
eric

Postby kant1781 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:13 am

eric wrote:I tried to upload the video to youtube (just couldn't resist), but it was rejected, due to "terms of use violation".

Which is all the more ludicrous since the place is pastered with millions of vids that quite clearly are illegal by any copyright standards... :lol:

But the music totally spoils it for me. It's too fast and I don't like Phil Collins.

Neither do I and neither did - he told me - common svensson. Thanks for recovering the link! If I remember rightly, he liked the fast pace in order to bring out the more energetic, wild moments of the Elin/Agnes relationship, and in fact the words do fit surprisingly well (from Agnes's perspective). It's just that one normally wouldn't listen to the words of a Phil Collins song. (Well, it's 1987 Genesis in fact, men det gör ingenting.)

"Oh you know,
Youve figured in some fantasies.
You would not believe,
What youve had to do,
Life goes on around you and all because of you.

No I wont ever, no Ill never get to know her,
Or be the cause of anything she does.
I wont ever, no Ill never get to hold her.
Do you think this aching could be love?
"
kant1781
Crew Member

Re: show me love on youtube

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:29 am

codyw1 wrote:Anyone else utterly love the FA stuff on Youtube? Various interviews (the Rebecka one is just too cute) and some absolutely GLORIOUS music videos (many of them from our own fridalove). Absolutely obsessed with them at the moment, keeping my love going!

:wink:

you mentioned me. haha. :D i'm working on another slideshow, which will be coming soon!
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:22 am

Well yeah, half of the ones on there are from you! :wink: Great, too. Look forward to the next one!
I've even done a couple myself now. Ah, obsession... :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Alyson » Mon May 12, 2008 2:46 am

What.a.beautiful.video!! :D Definitely one of the best!
The special effect in the scene after they got out of the car was just great. Very good song too. Thanks for posting!

To Rebecka Fan and codyw1
Your videos are awesome too! Please, make one with the song You and I by Scorpions :wink:
Alyson

Postby Ian » Mon May 12, 2008 4:37 am

Aww, thanks Alyson. I've only just finished uploading a new Alexandra one, actually, and there's a few more I've done I haven't put up yet LOL. Glad you like 'em. I've gotten obsessed with making MVs in the last 3 months - and it was that last viewing of SML that kicked it off. Had never touched Windows Movie Maker before then, even though I'd had it on the computer for over 3 years!

Not familiar with that song, unfortunately, sorry. :)
Ian
Webmaster

Postby NOSSYDOOM » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:49 pm

NOSSYDOOM
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:37 am

Aw, thanks Nossydoom. Glad you enjoyed it!

I've got one more big Alexandra/Rebecka MV to post, and then I've pretty much run out. I am working on another, but it'll take time. I've just about run out of new photos/footage to use. :cry: (Though your new photos always help :wink: )
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)