coucou

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

coucou

Postby jaz » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:53 pm

Hello there, me too I saw fucking Amal on french TV last week on Arte. I made that’s small post just to say thank you to all peoples who keep online so much stuff about that wonderfull movie for more than 10 years now. Immediatly after saw it, I have to go on google and seek for site talking about it, and find answer to all the questions I have in mind. Thank you too Kant1781 for your great essai "what it’s all about" that was a great pleasure to read it, and I can’t wait to read the next revision of it, hope it will become availlable soon.

For Lobabu : do you konw the version we saw on Arte as 5sec less than the french DVD release ? :) I think it’s because it was the german version of it. On DVD at about 0H54 after the scene where Markus fight with another guys in front of the snack, we can see a short scene with Agnes waiting for Elin call phone that never append, then she switch the light off. That too bad this was cut off, because you fell much more affection with agnes after that’s short 5 secondes. This was discuss a little bit more on one old post on this forum.

The last movie I saw make me fell like after seeing Fucking Amal was many years for now. I meam like something missing in you, and you need too see the movie again and again, just like a drug. Seeking on the net for all news you can find about the director, the actress…
And it was "the virgin suicides" by sofia coppola. For all of you who love fucking Amal, I’m pretty sure you will love that movie too. May be feeling the same way after your first time you saw Lukas Moodysson movie.

See you soon
Jaz.

PS : thank you for reading and all my apologise for writing in english that bad. I’m doing my best but that’s hard for me, not practissing for a very long time. I hope that was not so painful too read for you.
Last edited by jaz on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jaz

Postby Ian » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:07 am

I find it really rather unbelievable (and rather depressing!) that SML is ten years old already. It sometimes feels like everything I care about is already ancient history!

:cry: :(
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:05 pm

codyw1 wrote:I find it really rather unbelievable (and rather depressing!) that SML is ten years old already. It sometimes feels like everything I care about is already ancient history!(

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, makes you feel like, "Ahh, I wish I had been there in Woodstock in 1969!" or "I wish I had known James Dean personally!"... "I wish I had been at the Guldbagge ceremony in 1999!"
kant1781
Crew Member

Re: coucou

Postby kant1781 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:09 pm

jaz wrote:The last movie I saw make me fell like after seeing Fucking Amal was many years for now. I meam like soming missing in you, and you need too see the movie again and again, just like a drug.

Hej jaz, welcome!, and thanks for your compliments, and for bringing up the "Virgin Suicides" connection. That fits, indeed!
Don't worry about the five missing seconds in the German version... the Germans are a very strange bunch (I must know, I'm one of them), because they somehow found it necessary to cut two scenes of approximatley five seconds each out of this film before bringing it onto the screen.... I will never find out why. But I don't think it changes much.

Did French arte show the original Swedish version with subtitles?
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby mathieu » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:45 pm

As Jaz I discover this great movie last week on Arte and I was surprised to see that there was no subtitles : they spoke french :cry: It was the first time that I saw a foreign movie in french on Arte : usually it always respects movies by puting subtitles but not this time...

The day after I wanted to order the DVD and what a surprise : the fnac website was selling it but with french and english voices only, not even the original swedish voices... so I ordered it on the amazon website :wink:
mathieu

Postby jaz » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:52 pm

kant1781 wrote:Did French arte show the original Swedish version with subtitles?

I watching FA on the satellite version of Arte, record it with the satellite ternimal, and yes it was both audio channel, french and swedish one. I do not check on the teletext code if there is subtitle text.
jaz

Re: coucou

Postby lobabu » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:42 pm

jaz wrote:Hello there, me too I saw fucking Amal on french TV last week on Arte. I made that’s small post just to say thank you to all peoples who keep online so much stuff about that wonderfull movie for more than 10 years now. Immediatly after saw it, I have to go on google and seek for site talking about it, and find answer to all the questions I have in mind. Thank you too Kant1781 for your great essai "what it’s all about" that was a great pleasure to read it, and I can’t wait to read the next revision of it, hope it will become availlable soon.

For Lobabu : do you konw the version we saw on Arte as 5sec less than the french DVD release ? :) I think it’s because it was the german version of it. On DVD at about 0H54 after the scene where Markus fight with another guys in front of the snack, we can see a short scene with Agnes waiting for Elin call phone that never append, then she switch the light off. That too bad this was cut off, because you fell much more affection with agnes after that’s short 5 secondes. This was discuss a little bit more on one old post on this forum.

The last movie I saw make me fell like after seeing Fucking Amal was many years for now. I meam like something missing in you, and you need too see the movie again and again, just like a drug. Seeking on the net for all news you can find about the director, the actress…
And it was "the virgin suicides" by sofia coppola. For all of you who love fucking Amal, I’m pretty sure you will love that movie too. May be feeling the same way after your first time you saw Lukas Moodysson movie.

See you soon
Jaz.

PS : thank you for reading and all my apologise for writing in english that bad. I’m doing my best but that’s hard for me, not practissing for a very long time. I hope that was not so painful too read for you.

Hello (salut est sans doute plus approprié!)
I didn't know about the cut. I bought the dvd on amazon but didn't get yet. I hope I'll see what you are talking about. Curiosly, I don't have the same feeling about "Virgin suicide". It's a very great film, very impressive and I like it very much (like "Lost in translation"), but perhaps S. Coppola controle so much the staging.
lobabu

Postby jaz » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:01 pm

in fact, there is two cut scene, from 0:53:45 to 0:54:15 :wink:
jaz

Postby oeb » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:17 pm

Fucking Åmål is indeed 10 years this year - that should indeed be celebrated - hopefully with a Blu-Ray release ;)
It is a little scary that it has been 10 years already indeed, at least it's "only" 8 years since I first watched it.
oeb
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 am

It's only six and half for me. But still... where DOES the time go? :o
Ian
Webmaster

Postby lobabu » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:41 pm

codyw1 wrote:It's only six and half for me. But still... where DOES the time go? :o

3 weeks tomorrow!!
Lobabu
lobabu

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)