some thoughts / Agnes laughter

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby kant1781 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:41 am

Alyson wrote:But on the other hand I suppose we find that smile so “intriguing” because it´s the first time we actually SEE her laughing

Not quite :wink: - she laughs on the bridge when Elin tells her that she could have hundreds of girls if she lived in Stockholm. Ah well, it's not really laughter, but just a little bit more than a smile...

But i just can´t see her looking to the right

It's very subtle :lol: and perhaps I'm just hallucinating it. :wink: I'll try to produce stills if I have the time some time...
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby eiger » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 am

i haven't wrote here something for a while. by now, i would just say that the laughter has a very special meaning for me, that i tried to explain by comparing it with hesse's siddartha. but i must admit: that doesn't work. when i read this text now, it even doesn't convince me. my feelings about the topic didn't change, but i think it's just impossible to put them into words. and prabably that's ok... :D

every time i watch the movie and it comes to it's beautiful final scene, i'm very concentrated, but also relaxed and just happy in a way. this feeling grows till the screen turns black, a perfect climax. just in that moment, i always close my eyes.........and enjoy it (whatever it is), with "show me love" in my ears, simply great.

do you have developed any kind of "rituals" as my eye-closing concerning FA?
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:53 am

Well, er, no :D , but it's as valid a response as any, mate. I think we all love the film (and are here) because it affects us and MEANS something to us on an emotional level. Those things that do that are relatively few and far between (well, they are for me, anyway); that's why they should be cherished.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Alyson » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:56 pm

kant1781 wrote:
Not quite :wink: - she laughs on the bridge when Elin tells her that she could have hundreds of girls if she lived in Stockholm. Ah well, it's not really laughter, but just a little bit more than a smile...

Hahaha! "It's not really laughter, but just a little bit more than a smile" :D
Yeah, how could i forget it?! AND I go almost crazy about it! :D kkkkk
But the stunning thing about this is because Agnes face is all blush and close by sadness and all of a sudden (aka Elin´s sweet words) she shines through that "laughter/smile"! It´s a surprised laugh. :wink:

I´d love to see the stills, cause lots of people saw her looking to the right. :)

I´d like to make a note about Elin´s words in this scene: “It´s just because you live in f*** åmål…If you lived in Stockholm, for example, you´d have as many girls as you wanted”
At first this may seem “what kind of nonsense idea she´s gonna come out for?” :wink: But the way she says is sooo sweet!!
First, Agnes laughs like it was some joke but then she asks: “Do you think so?”
Now, Elin thinks for a second about what she´s gonna answer then looks at Agnes and gives her an 100% sure “Yes”. :)
We can tell she really means it and somehow she understands this is serious for Agnes. Their interaction is.beyond.perfection!
The entire bridge-hitchhike scene is sublime! :)
Alyson

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:12 am

The whole movie is sublime. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)