Which scene made you laugh?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Which scene made you laugh?

Postby Alyson » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:23 am

Which scene do you think is the funniest or for some reason made you laugh or just putted an “involuntary” smile on your face? XD

I just laugh a lot in this part:
- Okay, but we´re standing in the wrong way.
- What?
- Stockholm is there – agnes points the right direction ( kkkkkkk)
- Oooh! (kkkkkkkk)

Since elin decides to hitchhike to Stockholm until they´re finally in the car seems SO magical to me! No matter how many times I see it i can´t help the excitement (!We Go to Stockholm!) and there´s always a smile on my face! *_*
Am I the only one??

Also luv: Ooohh, Markus! (alexandra´s face is so “c´mon give me a break!”)
8)
Alyson

Postby Ian » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:35 am

The end always makes me laugh out loud, when they step out of the bathroom. It's the stark contrast between the fear Elin was showing a few moments before, and the sheer bravado with which she greets everyone out there "This is my new girlfriend... get out of our way, we're going to ****". It's pure ballsiness, and you gotta love her for it.
It's also hilarious.
Ian
Webmaster

wich scene made you laugh?

Postby lobabu » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:09 am

Agree with you Codyw1, it's hilarious. Another one is when Agnes apologises to Victoria and says (approximate translation of french subtitles):
"I want to tell you that the handicaped match wasn't boring" and Victoria answers: "No handicaped match, basket-ball match!"...

ps:Codyw1, your clip on You tube about A. Dalsthröm with "She's likes a raimbow" is perfect.
lobabu

Postby eiger » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:32 pm

i always watch the whole film with a smile on my face because it makes me feel so good and not why theres something to laugh at. in fact i really disagree with the statement i sometimes read, that FA is a comedy. i think there are only few scenes which are "funny".
Also luv: Ooohh, Markus! (alexandra´s face is so “c´mon give me a break!”)

that's one :wink:

i always must laugh when elin asks johan if he has the same view as markus about "girls and technology". (i don't know it word by word) she speaks verry clearly and slowly so that johan must understand her. he seems to be a bit stupid but in fact he is ok and just doesn't want to say something wrong. markus instead is really insufferable :T
_O^
eiger
Faithfull Member

Re: wich scene made you laugh?

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:05 am

lobabu wrote:
ps:Codyw1, your clip on You tube about A. Dalsthröm with "She's likes a raimbow" is perfect.

Aw, shucks. You're making me blush. :wink:

I agree, by the way, I find it rather odd when someone calls it a 'comedy'. I mean, yes, okay, it has some funny moments in it, but that doesn't really make it a comedy, now does it? It ain't The Naked Gun, now is it? LOL

It's an emotional drama, for goodness sakes!
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Which scene made you laugh?

Postby kant1781 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 am

Alyson wrote:Also luv: Ooohh, Markus! (alexandra´s face is so “c´mon give me a break!”)

Oh yes! :D
But also, in the elevator:

Elin: Jag är så jävla snygg! (I'm so fucking cute!)
Jessica: Tror du? (Do you think so?)
Elin: Aaawwwwwwww!

That one makes me giggle even after the twentieth time or so. And of course, one of Elin's coolest lines:

"Abort...? Arbetslös...? Analsex...? Neeeeeejjj..! Jag känner inget. Inget analsex!!!"
(Well, you don't need the translation :wink: )
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby hcd » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:04 pm

The scene when the guys starts roaring in front of the toilet door. I don't know why, but this scene makes me always laugh.

And of course, one of Elin's coolest lines

Definitely. I really like that.
Last edited by hcd on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hcd
Faithfull Member

Postby eiger » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:34 pm

The scene when the guys starts roaring in front of the toilet door. I don't why, but this scene makes me always laugh.

lol, it's the same one who "talks" to agnes in the pin-up-girl scene. i think this guy doesn't play act in his two scenes, he just played himself. i know, this comment isn't differentiated, but i must say, he really looks like somebody i don't want to deal with. kind of a real redneck.
in a way, i laugh at him a bit every time he appears.
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby droopy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:27 am

It's so real, you wouldn't believe it's acting :) But I still think it's (great) acting :)
Oh God, I'm still alive!
droopy

Postby Alyson » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:40 pm

eiger wrote:
i always must laugh when elin asks johan if he has the same view as markus about "girls and technology". (i don't know it word by word) she speaks verry clearly and slowly so that johan must understand her.

I noticed that too! She speaks veeery calmly and with pausess. So funny! :)

FA can be settle as a comedy? This is new for me...never through about that. Cause there´s only a few parts which are indeed funny that´s why when i wrote the topic i added: or for some reason made you laugh or just putted an “involuntary” smile on your face. :)

Another one from Elin: :D
Elin: - How do you know? Are you a psychologist??
Alyson

Postby NOSSYDOOM » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:51 am

Alyson wrote:
FA can be settle as a comedy? This is new for me...never through about that. Cause there´s only a few parts which are indeed funny that´s why when i wrote the topic i added: or for some reason made you laugh or just putted an “involuntary” smile on your face. :)

The Swedish audience laughed trough the movie,
These videos are filmed inside a Swedish cinema:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhLT7qwWFMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqC1GkSOaaA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mEqom3i2KQ
NOSSYDOOM
Faithfull Member

Postby kant1781 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:54 am

Yep. These videos have alway made me think about how differently you can react to the same things. When the audience cheer at the coming out, I feel the same way. But it is really interesting to see that they obviously find the interruption of the kiss above all roaringly funny. That simpy doesn't work for me! I remember very well that when I first saw it, I found it threatening (I expected the driver to be a menace). Now I see it as that litte sweet ironic element that anchors the unbridled romanticism of the kiss in the dull facts of real life, so it brings a little smile on my face. But that laughter...? *:|* Really interesting!
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:09 am

Maybe it was a mostly very young audience at this particular time?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:37 am

Perhaps they were all drunk. :wink:

Or maybe they're just laughing at the reaction of the driver? It is pretty funny, in a way. Didn't they tell him they were sisters? I don't think he expected to find them snogging in the back seat!

:lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby eiger » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:11 am

weird audience! can't understand why they laugh, too. especially the video of the kissing scene is very strange.

on the other hand, the videos make me want so see the movie in a cinema at least once in my lifetime. it's 10th anniversary is coming up soon, perhaps there's a cinema anywhere that celebrates this with a rerun? well, probably hopelesssssss..... :(
eiger
Faithfull Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)