The music of Fucking Åmål

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:33 am

Still think it's a gorgeous song, myself. But then, I'm an old slush!

I agree about the other ones not working. 'Total Eclipse of the Heart', for instance, is a BRILLIANT song... but completely inappropriate for those characters and that moment.

The one they got is perfect. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:30 pm

codyw1 wrote:Still think it's a gorgeous song, myself. But then, I'm an old slush!

You can look at this scene either way, as straightforward romantic and focus on the kissing by Agnes and Elin itself.

Or make Kant's interpretation that this is a cliché cinematic love-scene (that gets cut off).

Probably works both ways :wink:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:40 pm

Combayah-Fantasy Dreamworld song is the best song i have heard in my life! 8)
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Postby eiger » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:08 pm

hey, is there nobody with an opinion about my last post? tell me if i'm wrong. :roll:
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby mpox » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:27 pm

eiger wrote:hey, is there nobody with an opinion about my last post? tell me if i'm wrong. :roll:

I think you'd mostly get the flood of comments if you were wrong. :lol:

The only scene I can think off the top of my head where that doesn't follow is the coming out scene with Underground. Maybe we can just say someone was playing an appropriate song on their car stereo really loudly right outside the school? :)

If I have time this weekend I want to put together a muxtape of songs that'd also work for FÅ, I've pretty much given up on the foreigner one as I don't have any songs like that but there are others that'd work for different scenes and it'd easier to do that. If I don't have time I might still just do something for the general music forum since it's so dead, it'd be interesting to hear rather than just read about the music we all like and muxtape seems an easy way to do that.
mpox
Gold Member

Postby Alyson » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 pm

eiger wrote
did you notice, that moodysson arranged it in a way, that the music, that emphasizes the feelings of the scene, isn't something artificial that only we, who watch this movie, hear? in fact, the music is INSIDE the action itsself

This is so great!! Very well noticed! :D

All the musics in FA fits so perfectly with the scenes and the character´s feelings. Also luved to hear a classical music in a teen movie! It was such a surprise! :)
Does anyone know the other versions of Albinoni´s Adagio??
cause the interesting thing is that Moodysson chose the slower one which has a lower tone and it seems more deep and sad in the beginning.
Alyson

Re: The music of Fucking Åmål

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:46 pm

NOSSYDOOM wrote:
Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:
At first he wanted to use Total Eclipse Of The Heart by BONNIE TYLER, but this turned out to be far too expensive, they couldn't afford it.

And before that he wanted Scorpions You and I

reading that it saddens me that Moodysson couldn't get the rights for the song cause reading the first two verses of the song it fits perfectly around both Agnes and Elins feelings for one another.I love I want to know what is but i think You and I would have been better.

I lose control because of you babe
I lose control when you look at me like this
There's something in your eyes that is saying tonight
I'm not a child anymore, life has opened the door
To a new exciting life

I lose control when I'm close to you babe
I lose control don't look at me like this
There's something in your eyes, is this love at first sight
Like a flower that grows, life just wants you to know
All the secrets of life
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member