Fucking iPod

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Fucking iPod

Postby mpox » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:13 am

So I got this iPod Touch which is basically an iPhone without the phone, or camera, or speaker, or microphone. Anyway so I already have a Nano for listening to music on the go and a larger capacity iPod for holding a lot of songs. Whatever, it was free.

So what to do with this new iPod? That's right, put FÅ on. You need to convert the movie to some form of mp4, lots of free programs do this, I used iSquint. Then the tricky part - unless you speak Swedish - adding subtitles. Some apps hard code them onto the video but I like soft subs, to do that I used Muxo. At last you end up with something like this:

Unfortunately the screen shot apps you can install don't capture the playing movie, so while everything looks great locally when you take a picture you end up with something like this for uploading:

I'll have to find a way to get a screenshot of it, a digital camera flash on the glossy screen makes it impossible to see what you're trying to take a picture of. You can take a picture without flash but the longer exposure time means it ends up blurry unless you have a tripod which I don't.

Anyway just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else finds themselves with an iphone or touch and in dire need of a mobile Fucking Åmål fix.
mpox
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:18 am

You lost me at ipod. :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby eiger » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:21 pm

nice!
eiger
Faithfull Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)