I'm feeling sick...

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Postby lukefullagar » Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:46 am

I saw Fucking Amal last night for the first time, and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm 26 and haven't felt that sick with love feeling since I was 18 years old!
The movie is a masterpiece. I have to get the English DVD as soon as I can.

I'm keen to hear from some people on their thoughts....

Luke
Australia.
lukefullagar

Postby *blond* » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:12 am

i havent seen it yet, but now i cant sleep because of it! so that sucks

by the way i'm a fellow aussie!

where did u see the movie? was it on tv?
*blond*
Crew Member

Postby hook » Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:47 am

Luke, I can understand you, perfectly.... you was the same as me when I saw it on tv for the first time, in 2000.... I felt completely sick..... I searched for it everyway, but it was sold only by credit card..and I didn't have it....
Shit!!!! I must had this film... I passed hours and hours in front of my pc... searchin' for somethini' and then I found Peter Site...and finally.... after 4 years this last August... I recieved a copy of the film... and also soundtrack........
I watch it every day....I really love it....
Have a good day
-with so so much love- hook

hopin' hearin' somethin' from you soon

this is for you :

( I really love this picture)

<a href='http://http://amal.host.sk/fapicx/amal02.jpg' target='_blank'>My Webpage</a>
Image"I Am A Weak Heart.A Weak Heart To Break"
hook
Gold Member

Postby styvisor » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:34 pm

All the emotions that hook stated has affected everyone who has wacthed this film. And with the searching of the internet, also true ;) Also with watching it every day, but I now watch it once every coupke of months now... And thats why everybody loves this film :D
styvisor
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:58 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I saw about this film by accident, because i am a fan of Russian music. I'm sure you've all seen the fan piece posted on this website, well that got me hooked, I managed to download this film and I showed all of the above emotions and then some. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I think I feel sick right now just writing about it, I can't believe I didnt find this film years ago!
Last edited by Narcissus on Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:13 pm

I feel the same way right now.I can`t way to see another Moodysoon movies.This wekken Polish TV will air Together and that means that thwy will also air Lilja 4-ever! You can download FA OST here(http://www.fucking-amal.fr.st).
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Postby Sphinx » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:28 pm

I was feeling crazy during first 2 weeks after I've watched Fucking Amal.It's been like almost a month and I still watch my favourite parts each day.What's the best about it is that it simply makes me happy...although I'm rather a rock/goth music fan I really liked song Show me love...so I guess this movie brought something new and fresh into my life and opened my mind to variety.I'm addicted but it's a very nice sort of addiction.Independent cinematography rulesss!!! :lol:
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Narcissus » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:10 am

Thanks for the link oszczakiewicz, I've put it to good use! :P
Name: Will
D.O.B: 22/03/88
Sexuality: Bisexual
http://myspace.com/willthepom
Narcissus
Crew Member

Postby Valki 96 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:12 pm

Hi everyone! I first saw this movie about half a year ago. Generally I saw it by chance. But how I’m glad that I didn’t miss it!!! For me it is the greatest movie ever! It effected me fabulously! Sometimes a thought of “Show me love” makes me sad, sometimes merry, but ever it makes me HAPPY! I know it’s just (I’m wrong! NOT just!) a movie, but it effected me more than everything else in this fucking life! Sometimes I wanna be a part of “Fucking Amal”. For me it is the only movie! There are so many feelings in it! And I’m also feeling sick. So I need your support, friends...
break on through to the other side!
Valki 96
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:39 pm

You have my support in any way...because I simply know what You're talking about."Hold on little girl.." B)
"Teach me passion for I fear it's gone. Show me love, hold the lorn. So much more I wanted to give to the ones who love me. I'm sorry. Time will tell (this bitter farewell). I live no more to shame nor me nor you. And you...I wish I didn't feel for you anymore..."
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Valki 96 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:59 pm

I know, It is hard to determine a sex looking at nick, but I ain't a girl. Even if I wished. Anyway, thanks... (By the way, as you could guess from my nick, I like gothic too:))
Valki 96
Faithfull Member

Postby Sphinx » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:10 am

I assumed that You were a girl because I think bigger part of members are female...sorry my mistake. B) That's great You also like goth so now You have my double support!What kind of bands if I may ask? :P "hold on little boy.."!
Sphinx
Crew Member

Postby Valki 96 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:50 pm

I think it's out of topic but you can write me :) gomer@starlink.ru
Valki 96
Faithfull Member

Postby musicluver990 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:24 am

I saw the review for the movie on a different forum... and I got hooked! I researched everything I possibly could, and witht he help of a Swedish friend, amanged to obtain and English version of the movie. I still get that love-sick feeling!
<i>The only one I love, she was a superstar.</i>
musicluver990
Faithfull Member

Postby oszczakiewicz » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:41 am

Fucking Amal...i regret one thing...i haven`t seen this movie in cinema!
oszczakiewicz
Silver Member

Next

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)