Tove Edfeldt as the older Agnes?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Tove Edfeldt as the older Agnes?

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Probably not many of you know her, but Kyle "Rebecka Fan" sure does :wink:

Anyway she's a Swedish actress, daughter of director Catti Edfeldt who did the Eva & Adam TV series and movie, and has acted in many films and TV series in Sweden since she was a little kid.

She is currently studying in Drama School in Stockholm.

I was just hypothetically thinking if they ever did a sequel to FÅ maybe she could portray Agnes? :)

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 am

You know what I'm going to say.... :wink:

.... no!

In truth, I doubt we'll ever see a sequel, alas, but if it ever even entered anyone's head, but Rebecka (or Alexandra, for that matter) wasn't interested, then that should really be the end of it. We love Agnes because of Rebecka, and we love Elin because of Alexandra. End of, really.

But I have a pathological hatred of recasts... :shock:

(cough) And if I'm permitted a moment's shallowness, then, sorry, but she's nowhere near as cute as RL... (runs):wink: :oops:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Haha, you're right, of course she's no Rebecka :)

And I didn't mean this question so serious, it was just a thought I had :wink:

Personally I don't want to see a sequel at all, and it would most likely not work without the original cast anyway.

But what if Tove and maybe Ellen Fjaestad had been Agnes & Elin right from the start? :lol:

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Max Lynx » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:36 pm

:? No a sequel to original film will have no chance and will become like the lame remakes Hollywood makes to some European movies like f.x FÅ,Funny Games,Insomnia etc.

Who needs after all a sequel?The original movie has a clear start and end.No need for other movie just to have 100 minutes to kill your time after 10 years with other actors.FÅ was always more than a movie.
Max Lynx
Faithfull Member

Postby mpox » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:18 am

Max Lynx wrote::? No a sequel to original film will have no chance and will become like the lame remakes Hollywood makes to some European movies like f.x FÅ,Funny Games,Insomnia etc.

I agree with this, the idea of a movie that's basically Elin & Agnes living happily in their flat in the city probably wouldn't be anything I'd want to see. The only way I can see it being of much interest would be if Agnes and Elin hadn't kept together and some event drew them together.

I'm not convinced them reconnecting in the same way (i.e. love) would be in the best interests of the film either, maybe a sort of bittersweet ending would be better. Like in spite of the ending of the original peer pressure or their parents or whatever forced them apart and Elin ended up with the life she'd been dreading and while life isn't completely awful it is mundane and she still wonders "what if..." and then like Agnes's dad dies and Elin goes to the funeral. Things happen, then later they end up talking again at night, maybe even on something symbolically bridgey and it gives Elin the impetus to start living the life she'd always wanted to rather than the life that was expected of her. Like Elin's love and/or acceptance had given Agnes the courage to move past Amal back then and now 10 years later she can return the favor.

It'd still have to be Rebecka and Alexandra for me to get really excited about it but if it was directed by Moodysson I'd still go see it. :)
mpox
Gold Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:19 pm

mpox, have you read the fan-fiction short story "FÅ 5 Years Later" ?

It's quite good and could possibly be developed into a feature length movie if it was extended somewhat.

http://freenet-homepage.de/what-its-all-about/datafiles/Svensson_FiveYearsLater10ab6dc179b.pdf
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby mpox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:05 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:mpox, have you read the fan-fiction short story "FÅ 5 Years Later" ?

It's quite good and could possibly be developed into a feature length movie if it was extended somewhat.

http://freenet-homepage.de/what-its-all-about/datafiles/Svensson_FiveYearsLater10ab6dc179b.pdf

No, thanks for the link. :)

I don't usually bother with fan fiction but this was pretty good. It was good that he didn't have them together to start with because otherwise where would the dramatic tension come from? Funny about the motorcycle, Agnes didn't strike me as the type but I guess people change and he made Elin seem a lot more enthusiastic about it than she did Johan's poor bike. I also like that he left it up in the air which was more realistic after a one off meeting than typical fanfic but for a movie you'd have to have more closure. Was there another part intended?

I realize that was topical at the time but in 2008 I'd much rather see a story about Agnes & Elin 10 years later because that'd mean Lukas had somehow talked them both into doing it. Oh well, probably not going to happen. Maybe Rebecka will get bored with doctoring and come back for a 15 years later movie though that's stretching the tealms of believability. I could just about see 10 years since they were both so young but much longer than that and I'd start to worry about them. :)
mpox
Gold Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 am

Glad you enjoyed it mpox :)

It really is a well written little short story with some nice touches that ties in well with the film.

I'm not sure if this guy Peter Svensson ever intended to write a second part, I think there was only some discussion about it.

Some other fan did however continue it a little bit, but it was pretty mediocre writing I think, better left forgotten.

There also exist a few other FÅ fan fiction short stories by other fans, but none of them even comes close to this one.

And even without a second part I think this short story is complete enough as it is. It's obvious that whatever happens they both still have feelings for each other.

It's up to our imagination to picture what happens next :)
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:55 pm

The continuation of Peter's script is here, deeply buried in an old thread of this forum:
http://showmelove.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=393
I don't think it'd better be forgotten (sorry Magnus! :wink: ), actually I very much liked it. There was a huge discussion about it too.
kant1781
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)