Does your mother know?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Does your mother know?

Postby fish » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:32 am

PackDude wrote:...But no, unfortunately those of my inner circle would definitely not appreciate this film, and probably would be freaked out to find that I'm so head-over-heels about it (and did I mention Rebecka?). One, because it's foreign. Two, because the original Swedish film title contains the "F-word." Three, because it's got a lesbian character in it. Four, because it could be construed as a high school/teen movie.

You might be surprised to find they are not as "freaked out" as you think. Even in some very conservative families these days there seems to be a more relaxed attitude to life's alternatives.

PackDude wrote:So I will continue to enjoy it over and over again, but unless my family or friends start rummaging through my DVD collection, I doubt they will ever find out!

All of my DVD's and my old vid. tapes are in bookshelves in my lounge and anyone who visits is welcome to browse and ask any questions they like. Nobody has ever seemed to take offence at what's there, and even if they do, that's tough tits for them. :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 am

LOL Fish!

Yeah, I remember after I first saw it back in 01, it was all I could think about at work for several weeks.

Then again - what would you rather think about? 1) FA. 2) Office work.

Well, exactly... :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby PackDude » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:36 am

codyw1 wrote:LOL Fish!

Yeah, I remember after I first saw it back in 01, it was all I could think about at work for several weeks.

Then again - what would you rather think about? 1) FA. 2) Office work.

Well, exactly... :lol:

Cody - You are right, and I wasn't complaining at the time! :D

Fish, I hear ya, but my family are kind of like orthodox conservative. I'm the gray sheep in that I watch my movies without ClearPlay ( :r ). If you've never heard of ClearPlay, well there ya have my family. But I suppose my friends probably wouldn't freak out though.
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Postby fish » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 am

PackDude wrote:...ClearPlay...

Never heard of it, but it sounds ghastly. :r
Is it some censorship device for parents who are too repressed and embarassed to answer questions from their kids? :shock:

Fortunately both I and my kids have grown up without censorship. I think we turned out OK. ( :T ?)
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:30 am

My parents were MOSTLY alright with me watching just about anything as a kid - except sex. Heads flying, gore, Nightmare on Elm Street, fine and dandy, but any sign of a booby or two - OUT! :lol:

By the same token, they never had a problem with me watching supposedly 'racy' stuff like Soap as a kid, either. I was most amused to find out how controversial it had been in the US only a few years earlier.

Or maybe that's just the Americans, I dunno... :?: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)