90 min. podcast on Fucking Åmål and Heavenly Creatures

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

90 min. podcast on Fucking Åmål and Heavenly Creatures

Postby kant1781 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:54 am

I discovered this by chance: There's a film site called "rowthree.com". The guys running it put out a series of one podcast each month in which three or four of them discuss two movies which are to some degree interrelated. And they did one about FÅ and Peter Jackson's Heavenly Creatures (so Bruno, this is for you!). The whole thing is 90 minutes long, of which the first 45 minutes or so are on FÅ. I have had no time yet to listen to it, but you may be interested. Here's the link:
http://www.rowthree.com/tag/peter-jackson/
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:39 am

I answer very late but thanks, kant1781!

I am trying to listen to it but I'm not so good at understanding spoken english (I'm better at writing and reading)...

now it's too late and I'm tired but I hope to try harder soon.

By the way, similarities between the movies are: two young girls in love with each other, and the obvious problems with the world around them.
But it ends there. Heavenly Creatures is a dark murder story with no glamour, no high school themes, no impossibly cute girls (Kate Winslet portays the good looking one, but she's not in good health; her lover is not beautiful in any way).

So I guess the podcast commented the two movies together just for the surface similarity. Anyway I hope to find the time to listen and understand.
bruno
Gold Member

Postby eiger » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 am

I'm late, too, but still remember that I enjonyed listening to it some weeks ago!
Thanks kant :D
eiger
Faithfull Member

Postby mpox » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:09 am

eiger wrote:I'm late, too, but still remember that I enjonyed listening to it some weeks ago!
Thanks kant :D

I'll listen to it eventually but the time I have to listen to stuff is usually devoted to music. :)

Thanks for posting it though. Maybe if Moodysson can ever finish up his new film and it turns out good then it'll get some more new blood on the forums.
mpox
Gold Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)