Check this out.

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: Check this out.

Postby Kso » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 pm

For resize picture you can use any version.This is a simpliest action)) I am use Photoshop CS2
Kso
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:36 am

Not good so far Kso. :(

Using Photoshop Lightroom 3 I can "resize", I can "crop", I can even change the "aspect ratio", but nothing corrects that stretched out look of the pic. That stays exactly the same no matter what I try. :x

I haven't tried Photoshop CS2 yet, (or CS3, 4, or 5), maybe that'll make a difference. Sadly though they cost heaps and as I would only rarely use Photoshop it doesn't seem like a viable buy.

Pity as I still have heaps of the "stretched" pics left to post.

Ah what the hell, I'll still post them in the next few days anyway. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:20 am

No use asking me. I think I once downloaded a free trial too - couldn't make head nor tails of it! :T :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:45 pm

This is one good site out of hundreds and hundreds of crap ones I have visited on blogger.com

http://fiffisfilmtajm.blogspot.com/2010/10/tre-om-en-filmer-om-svenska-stader.html

You will need to mince it through google translation to get the meaning. It is interesting to hear recent (October 2010) opinion, and from Swedish people about FA.

I like fiffis general approach to talking about films, as an enthusiastic amateur, rather than someone trying to impress you with her erudition. Ima guessin she has spent a few decades on the back seats of cinemas to have viewed and made notes on so many. I think she needs a life-companion to share her interests. I know a few Australian guys fit the bill. From her pic she still looks well-serviceable. Want me to put in a good word for you? :wink:

snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:02 am

snaps wrote:...Ima guessin she has spent a few decades on the back seats of cinemas...

Hang on.
Do I detect a family resemblance here?

No. Honest Fiffi's dad. It wasn't me in the back seats with her. O-)

Must have been that Lan character. Never did trust him. :P

Yeah. Good blog. Nice find. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Of interest to those more intellectually inclined:

1) select Google books
2) type Alexandra Dahlström in search.

comes up with sample pages which can be read online.

The one from P. 117 ff. in Sex, breath, and force: sexual difference in a post-feminist era by Ellen Mortensen is quite interesting.

There are several references in 'Swedish Film: An Introduction and a Reader' (2010) by Mariah Larsson

You can find out more on pages 323, 325 (Lukas Moodysson and Memfis) – 329, 337, etc -

Synopsis

The Editors give a wide and yet concise presentation of the history of Swedish film through carefully selected articles by Swedish and international film scholars. The book draws upon a rich tradition of research on Swedish cinema, and it offers a varied and inspiring introduction to the history from the very first film screenings to contemporary works. The anthology is organized in thematic sections on, for instance, the Swedish cinema institutions; silent films; genre cinema; authors and art cinema, and a reflection on the film industry before and after the new millennium. Combining in-depth studies with contextualizing introductions, the book provides a rich spectrum of perspectives on Swedish film previously unavailable in English. The book will be essential reading for students, scholars and anyone who has an interest in Swedish cinema!

Book details
Published
16/08/2010
Publisher
Nordic Academic Press
ISBN
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:03 pm

snaps wrote:Of interest to those more intellectually inclined:...

So why didn't you include me? *:|*

Whoever thought there'd be so many books about Swedish film, with so many words too. :roll:
Last place I would have ever thought to look. :oops:

Nice find. They'll take a while to browse.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:50 am

Just started browsing through a few blogs to find out more about poor Stefan, (who it seems may have committed suicide late in the evening of Dec 5th 2010 :( ), when I came across this lovely little Agnes and Elin Youtube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FallFromGraze#p/u/0/2THv42-DJuI
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 am

Very nice. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 am

fish wrote:Just started browsing through a few blogs to find out more about poor Stefan, (who it seems may have committed suicide late in the evening of Dec 5th 2010 :(

Stefan? Which Stefan? Stefan Hörberg? :( :?:

EDIT: Sorry, forgive my stupid question. I've just discovered the other thread. How terrible. *:|*
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:18 am

Probably been posted before, but here it is again.
Broder Daniel singing Underground live on stage, with lots of little clips from FÅ thrown in.

http://studio317.com/view.php?video=afluDAFK37w&feature=youtube_gdata_player&title=Broder+Daniel+-+Underground
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Juule » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:08 am

No matter if it has been posted before. It feels good to watch it again! *:)*
Juule
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 am

Luvverly. :D :oops:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:03 pm

This is the video for the song Underground, it's on Youtube and it's also an embedded YT clip on that site Fish, you didn't have to go via that site to see it :wink:

Anyway this song was on the second Broder Daniel album from 1996, while the other two BD songs in the film (I'll Be Gone & Whirlwind) came from the album Broder Daniel Forever released in the spring of 1998, so these were two brand new songs used in the film

And as you can see the vid for Underground was made two years after the song initially came out
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Juule » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Kind of off-topic to Alexandra's pics thread so I'll just stuff this in here.

fish wrote:Wonder why FÅ was at the Kiev (Kyiv) International Film Festival in 2010.

It participated 'Non-competitive program'. Appeared in '20+20. Significant films of "Molodist"' and in 'FIPRESCI winners panorama'.

Briefly about the press conference (Google Translate).
And here's a short interview. No Alex, I'm afraid. *:|*

fish wrote:Also wonder if there were any other appearances.

Yeah, where was Alex all the time? Not just stopping by? There must be few more pics (and vids) out there. :Y Time for that whippy thing, fish? :D
Juule
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)