What are they doing now?

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Re: What are they doing now?

Postby fish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:31 am

ArcticMonkeys wrote:...I doubt they have a Fucking Amal reunion where they all meet up and have a few drinks together...

That's shattered one of my longstanding dreams, that has. *:|* :P :lol:

I remember a Bex interview from soon after FÅ where the interviewer asked if she would remain friend with Alex. Her reply was along the lines of she didn't think so because all her friends were older and Alex was still very young.

Of course that doesn't tie in at all with my alternate reality. *:)* *:)* :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:41 pm

At the teenage end of the scale, a few years is a huge divide, developmentally; now, as grown women, it should be negligible. I don't 'ship' them as lovers because of the film, that would be silly, but I'm pretty sure they'd be friends, having FA in common. I mean its impact was/is huge, not only in Sweden, but the wider world too, right?
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:49 am

fish wrote:
ArcticMonkeys wrote:...I doubt they have a Fucking Amal reunion where they all meet up and have a few drinks together...

That's shattered one of my longstanding dreams, that has. *:|* :P :lol:

I remember a Bex interview from soon after FÅ where the interviewer asked if she would remain friend with Alex. Her reply was along the lines of she didn't think so because all her friends were older and Alex was still very young.

Of course that doesn't tie in at all with my alternate reality. *:)* *:)* :lol:

Alternate reality, oh god I had a few of them with film characters thinking the actors would be friends off set :D

I always got with Bex that she's a homebody, who's happy to live in a small Swedish town, to do a 5 day a week job and take care of her kids and go out for a drink at the weekend with her Boyfriend. I think she, if I'm wrong you could pull me up about it fish :D, didn't she leave home at the age of 15 and got her own place. I think Bex went through her fun phase at quite a young age. I always got with Bex during the Fucking Amal era, inside that 18 year old girl there was a 45 year old woman, she was way mature for her age.

While Alex, she's the totally opposite, I think she loves the glamour and red carpet lifestyle. I just couldn't imagine her doing what Bex is doing. She' out been a actress, DJ and director, she's travelled around Europe, South America and U.S.A. She's dare I say it a bit of a Hipster. She's 30 and I say she still feels like she's 21 :D

I'm sure both are happy in their respective lives, but even now I say both would have little in common. I would have loved to seen what happened backstage at that reunion they had at the Gay/lesbian film festival , looking at that clip now I got a awkward vibe going on. Or maybe that's just me :D
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:57 am

DMt. wrote:At the teenage end of the scale, a few years is a huge divide, developmentally; now, as grown women, it should be negligible. I don't 'ship' them as lovers because of the film, that would be silly, but I'm pretty sure they'd be friends, having FA in common. I mean its impact was/is huge, not only in Sweden, but the wider world too, right?

I'm sure they would have that common bond with FA. But even on the set they didn't bond that much, Bex even said so herself in interviews. I say they have a mutual respect for one another and say hello and chat if they met up, close friends or even friends I doubt it somehow. Maybe I'm wrong. They have such totally different lives now, I doubt either have that much in common.

ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby fish » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:11 am

ArcticMonkeys wrote:...backstage at that reunion they had at the Gay/lesbian film festival... :D

I think that was just a paying gig.
We may well have alternate realities which have different explanations but sadly I think Alex stayed around a while and Bex left after their part was over.
(There's a pic of Alex alone at the gig, but not a single one of Bex. *:|* )
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:39 pm

fish wrote:
ArcticMonkeys wrote:...backstage at that reunion they had at the Gay/lesbian film festival... :D

I think that was just a paying gig.
We may well have alternate realities which have different explanations but sadly I think Alex stayed around a while and Bex left after their part was over.
(There's a pic of Alex alone at the gig, but not a single one of Bex. *:|* )

Yeah I don't see any chemistry between them in that clip, it comes off awkward to me rather then bustling with chemistry but maybe that's just me. Like Bex didn't want to be there but the money that was offered maybe was too good to turn down.

Yeah I think Bex probably picked up the cheque and got out of there.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 am

Alexander was probably waiting outside in the car, with the kids, and the engine running. :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 am

fish wrote:Alexander was probably waiting outside in the car, with the kids, and the engine running. :P :lol:

I know you are probably joking but that might be actually true :D. Anyway if the money was good enough and if you only had to say a few words, I would have been there in a flash :D
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:58 am

I think you're both far too cynical. There was one bit where it looked like they were about to snog. :wink: :mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Ian wrote:I think you're both far too cynical. There was one bit where it looked like they were about to snog. :wink: :mrgreen:

That money makes you do strange things I guess :D
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby fish » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:20 am

You should try living in my alternate reality where I agree with Ian. :shock: :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:49 am

It's much nicer here, isn't it? :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 pm

We're just totally spoiled for alternative realities, around here.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:01 am

Join us, Dave. Become... ONE OF US, ONE OF US, ONE OF US! :mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:08 am

Everyone remembers Bengtsson right?
Played by Nils Björkmann.

Here's his latest profile pic.
His friend Niklas commented: "Hannibal :) u having an old friend 4 dinner...,," :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)