FA Sound Remix

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

FA Sound Remix

Postby snaps » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:46 pm

OK this is complicated. I have to work on the assumption that you are not a FA fascist purist. it's intended to be a fun thang so don't get me wrong. :D It's just an exercise like any Director has to do, post production. Except that we are going to assume (for the benefit of this exercise) that your budget is unlimited. We know that Lukas had to balance his budget. Sadly some of his his wants were not met within his budget. Yet to me there were some happy coincidences. ''I want to know what love is'' by Foriegner is to me one of the high points of the film. If it were left to me I would not change the opening track over Agnes typing. I would also leave intact the use of ''whirlwind'' and ''Underground'' by Broder Daniel.

But lets imagine that maybe even the film could be extended to a 2 hour feature. *:)* and you had the time and patience to extend some scenes. If you have ever worked in film production then you will know that the ratio of ''what gets shot'' to ''what makes the cut'' is something like 60:1 thats to say, for every minute you see on screen there is 59 minutes of ''can time''.

All I'm asking for is suggestions of what tracks by what artistes you may have included to emphasize what scenes. The only rule is that they must be pre-1999, i.e. contemporanious with the making of the film. As the film uses music by Albinoni that is a heck of a back-catalog. :lol: Bear in mind this may only be a sliver of music/lyrics to underline a cinematic point.

I don't think that it matters that it is always contemporanious. Let's face it all Directors love to take liberties. To me it is highly unlikely that Agnes would in real life have had visual references to Morrissey, Orson Welles, Ingrid Bergman etc, but probably the music choice would be more likely reflected through Agnes search for meaning than Elin's take on the day.

Most of my choices would fit the time-frame, although I couldn't resist including some ''Smiths'' cos I think it fits. My own slections include music/lyrics by Shania Twain, Radiohead, Oasis, Kula Shaker, Alanis Morisette, Travis, Blur, etc.

OK obviously we can't do the music here but maybe give us a link, and a slice of lyrics that you think fits a particular scene. :wink:
snaps
Crew Member

Re: FA Sound Remix

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:12 am

snaps wrote:OK this is complicated. I have to work on the assumption that you are not a FA fascist purist.
:

This is perhaps an unwise assumption.

:twisted: :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)