Agnes & Elin on the Wall

Discuss Lukas Moodysson's first feature film Fucking Åmål (Show me Love).

Moderator: Ian

Agnes & Elin on the Wall

Postby Rebecka Fan » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:54 am

http://www.bjorncarnemalm.com/english.h ... s_och_elin
Saw this during my daily searches. Way cool!!
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Re: Agnes & Elin on the Wall

Postby fish » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:36 am

I am impressed, that's just brilliant. *:)*

Might have to re-think my choice of new wall tiles for the house. :roll:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:18 am

It is indeed cool, glampop has a couple of those on her site (though I don't think I've seen the one with the students in it). Didn't realise it was in a school. That's VERY cool. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Oh that is truly awesome :shock: He sounds a really hip artist too looking at his other stuff. I hope the kids there understand what it is about. I wonder how many schools in the UK would have been hip enough to use an image like that? In fact since the c**t Thatcher Act of 1988 under Section 28 against ''promotion of homosexuality by public authorities'' it would have been illegal. S28 was repealed in Scotland in 2000 but only 3 years later in England &Wales. In between times books were ripped out of libraries and shredded, art works destroyed, and films banned. More important teachers, youth and social workers could be prosecuted and imprisoned for advocating homosexulaity as an ''equally valid'' lifestyle. I would like to think FA/SML played some part in making politicans rethink their attitudes. Rant over. And thanks for bringing this lovely art work to our attention Bexfan :)
snaps
Crew Member

Postby katka » Sat May 28, 2011 12:46 am

Wow! The conceptual and artistic point of view it's quite courageous work:) But... Would I need a job just about defended the fact that I like it. The idea is great, but only as a room decoration, not as some final works (in my high school of fine art or univerity). But otherwise it's fine. :D I need whenever I like something (usually music, film) and it also try to somehow get into my artistic concept, but mostly it got too obvious, and so do I have to put a hidden meaning, and eventually will emerge from something else and not that I originally wanted :lol:
katka
Crew Member

Return to Fucking Åmål (Show Me Love)