Please help me!

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Please help me!

Postby rebecca_lover » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi, I am from INDIA. Few days ago I seen the Movie "Show me Love". I really liked the movie and much appreciate the work of Rebecka Liljeberg. I like her very much. Yesturday I have seen the movie "Bear's Kiss". It is also good. Now, I want to see all the movies done by Rebecka. The problem is I don't know Swedesh language. I need these movies in English. In india nobody knows about her and it is probably difficult for me to get any dvd of her movie. If somebody help me to get any movie download from internet (should be in english). Please help me!
rebecca_lover

Re: Please help me!

Postby Ian » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 am

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Rebecka has only made 3 movies, and it sounds like you've seen two of them! The other one is "Sherdil", which can be downloaded - with English subtitles - from YouTube or watched or downloaded from http://www.caravanfilm.co.uk/html/clips/clips%20player.html?item=0&playlist=http://www.caravanfilm.co.uk/xml/video%20sherdil.xml. They own the copyright, so it's quite legal! It's not available to buy on DVD as yet, unfortunately.

"Show Me Love" should be easy to find - with English subtitles - on most international dvd stockists, or even just look it up on Ebay.

Hope that helps. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:50 am

Hello India, welcome to the board

Rebecka has also done some television stuff, but it's all in swedish without subtitles I'm afraid

How did you come across the Show Me Love movie?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:58 am

Welcome rebecca_lover.

If you spend a bit of time browsing through the posts here you should be able to identify just about everything Rebecka has done from the time she was around 9 to the time she left the business at around 21. The difficult part is finding it in English as apart from Bear's Kiss it's pretty much all Swedish. The good news though is that a lot of it has English sub-titles and even the stuff that doesn't is worth watching because Rebecka is in it.

Have fun. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby rebecca_lover » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:47 pm

Hi, thanks for reply. I genuinely appreciate yours effort. I just want to share one thing with you people. I have seen many movies, seen many actresses but never seen the act done like Rebecca done is "SHOW ME LOVE". And I have downloaded "Show me love" accedently from youtube (thank God). Actually I was searching something else. She is so beautiful. I am very much curious, why she is not doing more films. She is simply excellent. Do you people have any update about her? I know that she is doing some medical course. Do you have anything apart from this?

Regards,
rebecca_lover

Postby snaps » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:04 pm

According to my info she will have finished her basic medical training at the Karolinska Institute this year. I imagine with being a doctor, that AND bringing up two small kids of her own, her time is pretty much spoken for! Maybe one day though if she is offered the right part she may be tempted back into acting, she hasn't ruled it out altogether. :)
snaps
Crew Member

Postby PackDude » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:47 am

Welcome to the small but devoted Rebecka Liljeberg fan club! I myself had just accidentally discovered Show Me Love a few months ago on Netflix's online viewing, and can identify with your situation. :) I bought the DVD and still watch it often, as it's probably my all-time favorite film.

We all hope for a (re-)release of the Sherdil film on DVD, but like they said we're still limited to watching it on the Caravan film website. It's a very cute, family-friendly film.

Studying Svenska (Swedish) can be a rewarding experience, though perhaps a long one. It's kind of like English or German...but perhaps a bit harder.

Show Me Love has opened a whole new world for me, as I'm fast becoming an avid fan of Swedish film in general. So far I have bought several DVD's such as Eva och Adam: Fyra födelsedagar och ett fiasko, Smala Sussie, The Virgin Spring, and a couple of Lukas Moodyssons other films. I have watched even more on Netflix online. Don't limit yourself to Rebecka! :wink: (But she is the best, still.)

I found that with programs like Slysoft's AnyDVD and others, you can even overcome the various "DVD region" barriers quite easily.
Last edited by PackDude on Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Postby Ian » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 am

You're not alone in that, PackDude. Have you checked out Let The Right One In yet?

Show Me Love opened the door for me, too, not just Swedish either, but foreign in general. Five of my favourite movies that I've seen this year have been foreign (LTROI, Eva and Adam, Sherdil, Water Lilies (French) and REC (Spanish). Pre-SML, I would probably have gone "I'l wait for the remake". :T

Now I'm a snob. :P :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby PackDude » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:52 pm

No, I have not yet seen Let The Right One In. But it is in my NetFlix online viewing queue, so I'll be seeing it soon!

I also really liked Ondskan aka Evil starring Andreas Wilson -- kind of a misleading title but a very good film IMO. What's even cooler about it is that it's a semi-autobiographical story. It's on my top 10 right now.

Water Lillies was also in my queue for a long while. Based on a one of snaps' comments on the "Rapid Eye Movement" thread, I finally watched the film last night, and was quite impressed with it. Similar to SML in some of the plot and characters.

I had seen several very good French, Russian, and German films before crossing paths with SML. Not sure why it took so long to discover Swedish film, though. (This topic could become a whole new thread if we're not careful...) :lol:
PackDude
Faithfull Member

Postby triddy » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Well, with the risk of distraying the topic even further...

I've seen quite a lot of Swedish films, and, in general, there's a reason why hollywood is at the other side of the pond and not here. Too many filmmakers are still convinced that a film needs to be dark and depressing to have any substance. You know, the Bergman flu is still among us. Luckily enough, Moodysson broke a lot of boundiaries with FÅ, and his films are still inspiring new filmmakers. Actually I would say that Swedish films have gotten a whole lot better since he, Alex and Rebecka showed us how it's really done, you know *:)*

I did like Ondskan though, and I imagine that Let the Right One in is good. Other examples of Swedish films worth seeing (yeah, cause I'm an expert and know everything :P ) are "You, the Living", "As it is in Heaven" and "Falkenberg Farewell". The Millenium films are pretty cool as well, but in a couple of years there will be American remakes, so you might just wait for them :r :lol:
triddy
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:40 am

triddy wrote:Well, with the risk of distraying the topic even further...

I've seen quite a lot of Swedish films, and, in general, there's a reason why hollywood is at the other side of the pond and not here. Too many filmmakers are still convinced that a film needs to be dark and depressing to have any substance.:

Hmm, that sounds awfully familiar... :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg