New Rebecka Music Videos

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: New Rebecka Music Videos

Postby Ian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 am

Didn't we have a "personal" thread in Anything Else somewhere?

And snaps, you're only about 3 years off. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:23 am

Ian wrote: And snaps, you're only about 3 years off. :P

So that would make you either ten years old or sixteen? :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 am

Looks lovely katka 8) rather like Stockholm in a way. One thing though, you say that in Czech everything is pronounced as written, but there don't seem to be enough vowels :T I don't think I could say ''Czech'' or ''Brno'' as written without spitting. :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 pm

snaps wrote:

Looks lovely katka 8) rather like Stockholm in a way. One thing though, you say that in Czech everything is pronounced as written, but there don't seem to be enough vowels :T I don't think I could say ''Czech'' or ''Brno'' as written without spitting. :lol:

now probably do not understand exactly what you mean. Like that you could not say ''Brno'' added a vowel or what? The ''r'' is pronounced quite sharp and not so casually, as in English. English pronunciation is ''r'' very soft, almost like butter... :lol: we simply do not have to learn the pronunciation of Czech words for each. This makes it easier on the one hand, but generally, the Czech is the third most difficult language in the world ..... so I'd rather not elaborate ..... :lol: but it's fun with some stranger to talk about it. :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Snaps is really british living somewhere in England

So I heard Czech is a bit similar to Polish, which is also considered a difficult language?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:42 pm

katka wrote: generally, the Czech is the third most difficult language in the world

OK. I'm interested in other languages, but not very good at learning them. I have done some Portuguese, both European and Brasilian varieties. People think Portuguese must be like Spanish (one of the easiest languages to learn) but it is much more complex (having some Arabic influences too) although a lot of the vocabulary is similar to French. But the pronunciation is very difficult to grasp. It tends to be softly spoken and has a lot of nasal sounds which you don't find much in English.

I'm still trying with Swedish, as I want to visit sometime. Main difference is English tends to put emphasis in the first or early syllables of a word but Swedish emphasis is on the later syllables. But many of the words are similar to English words, and pronunciation is rather like English as it is spoken in Scotland. Not surprising since the Vikings ruled in Scotland. So a place name like Edinburgh (is pronounced Edin-burr-a) [and it mean's Odin's Seat or Town i.e. the Norse God called Odin] is not unlike the correct pronunciation of ''Lijeberg'' as Lil-ya-burry. When Agnes says to her mother ''Gå nu!'' meaning ''go now!'' the pronunciation ''gor noo'' is exactly like Scots English.

[I knew there had to be a connection to New Rebecka Music Videos in here somewhere :lol: :lol: ]
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:47 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Snaps is really british living somewhere in England

Je suis Canadienne! but I was brought up in Yorkshire England, which is as regionally different as coming from Skåne is to being part of Sweden. :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Yes you've mentioned being canadian before, that's why I said british and not english :wink:

And yes skåne used to be a part of Denmark in the 16th century so this area is more continental in architecture and other things
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 pm

Btw, the northern parts of Sweden also have a distinct regional atmosphere compared to the "heartland" so to speak

The nature and culture have a distinct northern flavour

It must be sort of like that between England and Scotland as well
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 pm

I think generally Slavic languages ​​are for Germanic, Anglo-Saxons or Romanistic's nations quite heavy. :roll: As the understanding and pronunciation. Polish is probably also heavy, but paradoxically unlike the Czech more..... such as Serbian, who is from the CZ-position farther east than Poland, which is right next to us. Serbian beautifully Czech means, Polish, not much. :roll: Closest to the Czech language is Slovak language. As for the fact that the Swedish emphasis on later vowels than English...this I noticed as well. Of course, the similarity in pronunciation. How to write a''Ga nu!''Is almost identical with the English pronunciation. Interesting then, when one sees it written, what's the real difference. For me as for the Czechs of course it's unnatural, but in the Germanic languages ​​it's just the way it is and can it be expected. It is also interesting listening to be French, so I think that says a few syllables as one word, but in fact it is a few short words. In particular, it has a lot of french chopped. It's impossible not to compare with the German. The contrast is that it words together and make compound words. As such, Portuguese ... I always sounded like a mongrel Spanish to Russian or Polish mongrel with Italian. It's a interesting language, and certainly difficult pronunciation. In listening I'm not able to distinguish individual words .... :lol:
katka
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Interesting. It must be difficult with learning English because there are so many different forms of it round the World. People get so influenced by what they see on TV and hear in song lyrics. In UK many ppl used to speak ''Transatlantic English'' i.e. American+UK English but many now speak ''Oz English'' Australian+UK English. Ian Moderator speaks both and is so bilingual (I've heard the rumors :oops: :wink:) and English has influenced modern Swedish, so younger people and people in cities speak more like ''Swinglish'' a mixture of Swedish + English.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:18 pm

yeah, also according to the English I know that, too? :lol: :T
Yes, I am aware. And here is the enormous influence. We also very much influenced by English and I'm quite sorry, because we lose a national pride for us unique language, such as the one that has an unmistakable and clear system of the periodic table of elements. English does not like it. It has to help out in naming an element several other words and it is then more complicated and it is in more chaos. I do not know how it is in Sweden, but since I know the FA I interesting about Sweden and watch it more TV, what is happening and so on (on the square you have interesting optical illusion in the form of holes in the ground :) ) there is the influence even after all about more, because the Finno-Ugric languages are closer ( it is closely related) to the English language than Slavic languages. I still remember one very obvious similarity of pronunciation. And it was when Agnes spoke to Elin something as ,, exakted ? '' I don´t know how it was really, But she said, according to the compiler probably ,,exactly ? '' and it didn´t fit to me little. Probably she should speak - ,, Really ? '' Because then Elin said ,, Yes '' ( like that she´ll calls her ) :roll: :roll: :roll:
katka
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I agree with you about national pride, and having a unique language. For very different reasons the BEST English on Earth is spoken in places like Aberdeen in Scotland and in Boston, Masschussetts in USA. An example. The word ''berth'' meaning number of beds i.e. a 4 berth caravan or boat, and the word ''birth'' meaning to ''give birth'' as in having a baby. In Aberdeen ''berth'' would be pronounced ''berruth'' and ''birth'' sounded like ''bairth'' . In the rest of UK both are lazily pronunced ''burrf'' :lol:

Yes, as you say Finnish and Hungarian are closely linked.

As for SML/FA. Alexandra (Elin) received coaching in local pronunciation, because she comes from round the Stockholm area, and the accent is very different from the Trollhatten area where the film was shot and the other characters like Jessica, Markus, Johan come from. For Agnes (Rebecka) it was less of a problem because she was supposed to be from Mariefred (nearer Stockholm) and her accent would have ''marked'' her as an ''outsider'' adding to her isolation. :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:03 pm

ah.... interesting :) :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:28 am

It's enlightening to hear other people's views on various languages.
There's a lot more emphasis on Asian languages in Australia but I was never very successful.
My first tentative steps into Japanese and Mandarin were so intimidating that I never finished the courses. :oops:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg