Rebecka - Making a Comeback?

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Rebecka - Making a Comeback?

Postby Ian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:41 am

So, with all the whoops of joy regarding our favourite girls' reunion, one question has yet to be asked - how on Earth did this happen?!

Given Rebecka hasn't appeared in public since 2004, and seems to have disappeared and disassociated herself entirely from the public gaze, she certainly chose one hell of a way to reappear! What do we reckon? Is this a bizarre (if more than welcome and wonderful) one-off? Can we expect her to once more disappear into the woodwork and never be seen again (or at least not until 2016) or could this be the start of a comeback? Now that she has all but completed her studies, could she be wanting to return to acting, at least to some extent?

We certainly seem to have overestimated her apparent publicity shyness, if nothing else.

This woman becomes more enigmatic and mysterious by the week. What IS going on in that pretty head of hers?

Discuss!

:D
Ian
Webmaster

Re: Rebecka - Making a Comeback?

Postby fish » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:13 am

Being a natural born pessimist I'm rarely disappointed with my predictions, so here goes.

I fear this was a one off.
Perhaps a little bit of spare time after graduating plus a little bit of cash from the organisers might have been enough to tempt her back into the lime light. It's been best part of three weeks since Gaygala and there doesn't seem to be another appearance, not even a TV interview which is something a good agent would have organised by now.

So, I think that unless Ian can come up with the right script Rebecka will again disappear into the cold Swedish winter.

Jeez I hope I'm wrong. :wink:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

fish wrote: So, I think that unless Ian can come up with the right script Rebecka will again disappear into the cold Swedish winter.

I'm working on it too! As soon as I get over my flu and my brain isn't swimming in its own gunk. I've promised myself to bully Sam into finishing the storyboard for ''Landet Som Icke Är". Heck. We can just send it off anyway. Who cares if it ends up in the rubbish bin. We've lost nothing.

''I long for the land that is not,
for everything that is I am weary of craving''.

(from 'The Land That Is Not', by Edith Södergran, transl. by Keith Bosley)
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:03 am

Jeez, way to bring everybody down, fishy.

:( *:|* :x

:P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 am

I'm much more optimistic now that we have the talents of Snaps and Ian (and not forgetting Sam) on the case.

Lucas to direct and she's bound to jump at the chance.

I was always confident. :roll: :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:43 am

Good to see a little more optimism. :P

I mean, jeez. I'd given up any hope of a Rebecka/Alex reunion after the 10th anniversary passed with no fanfare. After over 5 years, I'd pretty much given up any hope of even seeing Rebecka ever again.

Needless to say, I was wrong.

I'm not giving up hope again after just 18 DAYS (not forgetting that it took us a fortnight to then find about it!!)

:lol: : :W *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:00 pm

Is Sam the husband of snaps :?:

Sam & Snaps Anderson, script writing duo

:mrgreen:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:44 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:Is Sam the husband of snaps :?:

Sam is my mentor. Don't go giving him dumb ideas. He's at a dangerous age :lol:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:59 pm

Really, strange reappearance... Maybe,them have offered good money for this presentation? All the same, action thematic.
But, we all hope,that it not so ))
Kso
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am

For sure Kso, but I think it might take an exceptionally good offer, and script, to tempt the lovely Doctor L back onto the public stage.

We do all live in hope though, eh? :roll: *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Doctor L :lol: Sounds like "doctor Evil"))
Kso
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:02 am

At the very least, as I said before, we do seem to have rather overestimated her "I vant to be alone" schtick. :wink: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I hate to say it, but I think fish is right. She has been studying for years and her degree can't be too far away now. At that point, you want to put that knowledge into practice. I know how that feels. I also take it that doctors are needed in Sweden (apparently, lots of German doctors emigrate to Scandinavia). I also take it that the band of her husband isn't exactly selling millions of records, and they've got kids to feed. Re-starting an acting career after almost a decade is such a tremendously unpredictable affair, it would be mad to put a career in medicine at risk for it. Just look at Alex. She has never left the business, but how has she been doing? One lead role since FA. One! The rest is a guest appearance in a TV series, 2-3 short films, and 2-3 supporting parts in little-remembered small productions. I actually have no clear idea about how people like her make a living. Taken together, that is not exactly encouraging. I fear it's as mundane as that.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:04 pm

kant1781 wrote:I hate to say it, but I think fish is right. She has been studying for years and her degree can't be too far away now. At that point, you want to put that knowledge into practice. I know how that feels. I also take it that doctors are needed in Sweden (apparently, lots of German doctors emigrate to Scandinavia). I also take it that the band of her husband isn't exactly selling millions of records, and they've got kids to feed. Re-starting an acting career after almost a decade is such a tremendously unpredictable affair, it would be mad to put a career in medicine at risk for it. Just look at Alex. She has never left the business, but how has she been doing? One lead role since FA. One! The rest is a guest appearance in a TV series, 2-3 short films, and 2-3 supporting parts in little-remembered small productions. I actually have no clear idea about how people like her make a living. Taken together, that is not exactly encouraging. I fear it's as mundane as that.

Gosta Berling's Saga, is just a sideline. He makes his money in online computer gaming design.

Why would it be putting it at risk? This is the 21st Century. There are medically qualified doctors here who have made the transition (usually into comedy, I dunno medicine and comedy seem to be related :lol: ) and back: Jonathan Miller, Graeme Garden (who even double-indemnified to play a surgeon in the long-running BBC TV drama ''Casualty", and Harry Hill. Miller, after decades away, took a year out to refresh in neurology, practised for a year, then (sensibly :Y ) returned to theatre production.

I think you totally under-rate Alex. She is going for the long haul. Even she has admitted she did the Dutch soap for the money, then ploughed that back into less secure work. I think we owe her enormous respect. If the wind was blowing in that direction, she could have earned a fortune in Hollywood as a bimbo Scandinavian twat who ends up being the good time that was had by all. I believe Alexandra will be a force to be reckoned with. It may take another decade, but her name will be significant, even without fame and fortune, in years to come.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:48 pm

I have nothing but respect and adoration for Alexandra. You're right, she could have gone for the easy money (maybe not exactly Hollywood, but Swedish television surely would have been an option). It is perfectly clear that she has chosen the more demanding path for herself, and I completely admire that. And maybe you are also right that she will be a force to reckon with. But maybe not. (The world, unfortunately, is full of former teen actors who failed to catch up with their one moment in time.) I definitely hope so. It is a wonderful thought to imagine her collecting a foreign language film Academy Award in, say, 20 years or so, and we can say that we've been following her career since she was 14. :mrgreen:

However, I was writing about something else. I was writing about how attractive Alexandra's way (or her example) could possibly be for somebody like Rebecka, in her current situation. (And I think we can take it for granted that Rebecka would follow an equally demanding career path and not do telenovelas.) And even on repeated reflection, the result is: not very much. Let's face it: Even though the report that roughly 10% in that poll would have wanted her for the role of Lisbet Salander is encouraging, in general it is simply not the case that the world has been eagerly waiting for a new Rebecka Liljeberg feature. It is only us nutheads who do that. And she knows that. One must also keep in mind that she has always, even at the absolute peak of her success, declared that she would not pursue an acting career, that medicine was her dream. Why should she change her mind now, when she is so close to actually making that dream come true? Maybe she can be talked into some more one-off guest appearances by good friends, like obviously Catti Edfeldt was the one for whom she did Adam&Eva, and David Flamholc was the one for whom she did Sherdil. But a full-blown return to acting? I just don't see it.

If time prove me wrong, I swear, I will light a candle for you and your wisdom, snaps! :wink:
kant1781
Crew Member

Next

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg