Bear's Kiss

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Postby kant1781 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:46 pm

codyw1 wrote:LOL I'm not THAT interested in that (no, really :lol: ), I just really want to see something else where she has a substantial role! :wink:

Just kiddin'! :wink:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby PerfectNemesis » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:36 am

Just recently saw Fucking Åmål thanks to insomnia, HBO and the title being a bit misleading...

Anyway, the blond girl was good but i am awe-strucked by Rebecca and her expressive eyes. I am a bit surprised to learn she's only been in a couple of movies post fucking amal and they are not even available in the west.

What a waste of talent.
PerfectNemesis

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:30 am

I couldn't agree more. Gutting, is what it is. :(

The Narkontakt downloads don't appear to be there anymore, by the way... :(
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fraks » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:27 am

codyw1 wrote:The Narkontakt downloads don't appear to be there anymore, by the way... :(

http://rebecka.sibverk.ru/Narkontakt/
fraks
Silver Member

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks for that! :D

Lord knows when I'll be able to download 'em, though, my computer is telling me it'll take 16 hours just to download the first one!

:x :( :shock:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Watched Bear's Kiss the other day, got my copy from HKFlix.

As mentioned earlier, not a particularly good film, but not totally worthless either.

Nice photography and some good music, so that was a plus, but the story wasn't so interesting and I wasn't exactly moved by it, a love story that you really didn't care about.

The ending was a little silly also in my opinion, on the other hand I guess the whole film was supposed to be like a fairytale.

It had some beautiful scenes, and of course it was very interesting to watch Rebecka again.

For obvious reasons she looked a little older and more feminine so to speak than in FÅ, very beautiful. But I didn't like the sound of her voice, is it herself speaking english or not? It doesn't sound like her at all, and it also looks post-synchronized (by someone else) :?

So unfortunately Rebecka didn't make such a big impression on me here, because of the voice and the uninteresting story, but obviously this is not her fault.

It was good to finally see this film, but the experience was miles away from FÅ :wink:

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:02 am

Hopefully my copy will get here this week (fingers crossed).

I'm not expecting it to be as good as FA/SML (highly unlikely for anything!) but I strongly suspect I could happily sit through 90 minutes of just watching Rebecka reading out the telephone book.

In Swedish.

:wink: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:58 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:But I didn't like the sound of her voice, is it herself speaking english or not? It doesn't sound like her at all, and it also looks post-synchronized (by someone else) :?

Since it was a multi-language European cast, I think all the non-native speakers were synchronized in the English version.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby PerfectNemesis » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 am

Wait a sec, is this movie in english? if so why would they dub her voice when she speaks fluent english as some of you had mentioned?

Anyway, i'm still quite beyond surprised that she only got to star in a couple of movies after FA. Let alone crappy ones.
PerfectNemesis

Postby Ian » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:32 am

Aren't we all? Surprised, depressed, irritated beyond words... :cry:

So it isn't Rebecka speaking English, then? Bummer.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 am

Well, she also did a lot of other things after FÅ besides filming, she finished high school that she had temporarily quit to be able to be in that film, and then she had her first baby when she was only 21.

So there wasn't unlimited time.

Finally she retired from acting to study medicine instead, as you know.

A very admirable young woman I think.

But sure, one more really good film apart from FÅ would have been lovely if she had done before retiring.

On the other hand I simply love her as Agnes, Rebecka is Agnes even though she isn't lesbian herself, the character is still close to her she has said herself.

So my point is that maybe Fucking Åmål is enough after all, since it is such a special movie? :wink:

Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:03 pm

PerfectNemesis wrote:Wait a sec, is this movie in english? if so why would they dub her voice when she speaks fluent english as some of you had mentioned?

Her English may be good, but it is common practice to post-synchronize these European co-productions. In Bear's Kiss, Rebecka's mother is played by a Spanish actress, her father by an Italian. However decent these people's English-speaking abilities are, it would be a little odd if you've got this couple with their respective accents raising a daughter who for some reasons has a Swedish accent...
Howver, I haven't seen the English version and I am not sure whether she got dubbed. I just say it's common practice. A&E-Forever, who has seen it, said that it doesn't sound like her. (And we would recognized that voice, wouldn't we.)
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:But sure, one more really good film apart from FÅ would have been lovely if she had done before retiring.

On the other hand I simply love her as Agnes, Rebecka is Agnes even though she isn't lesbian herself, the character is still close to her she has said herself.

So my point is that maybe Fucking Åmål is enough after all, since it is such a special movie?

Very good contribution! The first part is what I always used to say - if there just had been one more first-rate cinematographic achievement to dispel the idea that she was a one-hit wonder.

And yet, now that I think of it, maybe you are right. Maybe it is part of the magic that she and Agnes somehow have melted and will always be. There is nothing between them, so to speak, nothing distracts. How often do films fail because you can't really feel with the characters, because you just cannot ignore that, hey, it's Brad Pitt, and Cate Blanchett, playing the lead roles, and you start getting confused if this is Elizabeth or already Lord of the Rings again.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:09 am

True, but it still doesn't make it any less depressing that she's... well... gone.

Happened to another of my favourite actresses, too, from when I was younger, who basically quit before she even turned 16! She went onto become a Doctor, too, oddly enough.....(well, a psychologist)...
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:42 pm

codyw1 wrote:True, but it still doesn't make it any less depressing that she's... well... gone.

But she'll be in your heart forever :)

And if you're feeling sad you should listen to Broder Daniel's No time for us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuAVWe9Uc_c
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg