Bear's Kiss

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Postby PerfectNemesis » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:31 am

It is disappointing that she had to completely give up her acting career over college. I hold nothing against her for giving up acting but in my opinion she choosed the harder way...

I just wish she would have made the choice to do both.

Anyway, i will just keep watching FA and dream about what we could have seen had she continued acting.
PerfectNemesis

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:58 am

I'm rather irritated that my Bears Kiss dvd still hasn't come. However, the oz post service has been so spectacularly sucky this week with everything else, I'm reluctant to complain yet. Except here! :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:59 pm

PerfectNemesis wrote:It is disappointing that she had to completely give up her acting career over college. I hold nothing against her for giving up acting but in my opinion she choosed the harder way...

Anyway, i will just keep watching FA and dream about what we could have seen had she continued acting.

i feel the same way, but i understand her wanting to go for something she really wanted and to become a doctor.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:40 am

My Bear's Kiss dvd has finally arrived! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:16 pm

codyw1 wrote:My Bear's Kiss dvd has finally arrived! :D

Well now I'm curious what you'll say...
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:30 am

Will probably watch it this weekend. We've had a terrible heatwave the last fortnight over here, and it's left me buggered of an evening, so I'm not watching it until fully recovered!

Checked out the dvd, though. The movie certainly LOOKS great, the dialogue synching looks good (although I don't think that's Rebecka's voice) and, needless to say, Rebecka herself looks absolutely breathtaking... Looking forward to it.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby PerfectNemesis » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:03 am

Rebecka Fan wrote:
PerfectNemesis wrote:It is disappointing that she had to completely give up her acting career over college. I hold nothing against her for giving up acting but in my opinion she choosed the harder way...

i feel the same way, but i understand her wanting to go for something she really wanted and to become a doctor.

I live in the west so i really don't have the clearest cue on the whole story behind her acting career and going to college. Did she publicly say she is quitting showbiz? or she just disappeared from the limelight..

Anyway, i wish her all the luck in her quest to become a doctor. It must be her ultimate dream to become one. Hell, becoming an MD is not easy at all! Very expensive, takes atleast 10 years, and you will literally sacrifice you own life (at least a significant amount of your time).

Speaking of Bear's Kiss. Where'd you guys purchased you copies?
PerfectNemesis

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:24 am

She said in interviews already at the time of Fucking Åmål in 98-99 that she eventually wanted to become "barnläkare", childrens doctor, so that was her goal. She never intended to be an actress all her life.

I bought my copy of Bear's Kiss from hkflix.com, you'll need a region free DVD player for that disc.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby fraks » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:54 am

PerfectNemesis wrote:Speaking of Bear's Kiss. Where'd you guys purchased you copies?

http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/3497312/
With russian and english language.
319RUR ~ 12USD
+ delivery
fraks
Silver Member

Postby kant1781 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:51 pm

PerfectNemesis wrote:I live in the west so i really don't have the clearest cue on the whole story behind her acting career and going to college.

You've said that before, and I don't quite get it - what exactly is "the West" in your eyes? :?: I'm from Germany, codyw from Australia, Rebecka Fan is from Florida, and Agnes&Elin Forever from Sweden... is that not "the West"?

PerfectNemesis wrote:Where'd you guys purchased you copies?

Well, I got it from amazon... that's where we Westerners buy our DVDs... :wink:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby PerfectNemesis » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:59 pm

kant1781 wrote:You've said that before, and I don't quite get it - what exactly is "the West" in your eyes? :?: I'm from Germany, codyw from Australia, Rebecka Fan is from Florida, and Agnes&Elin Forever from Sweden... is that not "the West"?

What i meant is i live in the western hemisphere (far left, which is the USA) :) Sweden and Australia i believe is in the East. 8)

Well, I got it from amazon... that's where we Westerners buy our DVDs... :wink:

Amazon located in the US don't have the dvd unfortunately.
PerfectNemesis

Postby Ian » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:25 am

I got mine from a German seller on ebay. They've still got copies for sale, so go for it. Just search for 'Rebecka Liljeberg' (that spelling). :wink:

What a cosmopolitan bunch we are! And just to add to it, while I live in Australia, in actuality I'm English!

:lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 am

PerfectNemesis wrote:Sweden and Australia i believe is in the East. 8)

I see... :lol: You should discuss that with fraks from Novosibirsk. He is so far East that he's West again... :wink:
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:43 am

Saw Bear's Kiss last night. Hmm... now that is one weird-ass movie! :lol:

Still not quite sure what to make of it, to be honest. In all truth, if it wasn't Rebecka in it, I probably would have turned it off early on, and yet... while slow, and PECULIAR, there's something oddly compelling, nay hypnotic, about it. Rebecka herself is stunningly beautiful in it, though I am irritated at the fact that, while everyone is clearly speaking english, the movie has been dubbed in post-production, and I am not at all convinced that that's actually Rebecka speaking. Just doesn't sound like her voice at all. Which was decidedly off-putting, to put it mildly.

Still not sure whether it was memorably weird or just plain rubbish, though I'm still thinking about it, which puts it above a lot of movies.

It was just... really, really ODD.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:09 am

Also, even though she's the lead, the movie really doesn't give Rebecka much to do to stretch her. She's basically just there to look beautiful and sad. Which, fair enough, she's very good at :wink: , but it gives her far less of an emotional range to show than SML did. Of course, again, the dubbing doesn't exactly help either....

I have to say, though...

.... never been so bloody jealous of a BEAR in all my life!

:lol: :D
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg