Bit and Pieces

Talk about Rebecka Liljeberg's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Bit and Pieces

Postby Ian » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:38 am

Ouch. We ARE feeling flush! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:38 am

codyw1 wrote:Ouch. We ARE feeling flush! :lol:

Not any more. :| *:|* :T
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:25 am

Not the clearest ever taken but I'm willing to bet a shade of odds that this is an old pic of Alexander and Vera.

While on Alexander, there's a bit on the Malmö gig I mentioned previously, halfway down their webpage. There's also a Youtube music clip of GBS. http://www.gostaberlingssaga.se/gbs2/

Here for good measure is a review of what seems to be their first album, copied from http://www.gepr.net/gi.html.

I'm not always that enamored of some of the scandanavian psych-flavored prog, but some of it is truly exceptional. I consider Qoph's Kalejdoskopiska Aktiviteter to be in this category, as well as Finns Overhead. Now, here's another one, on the Swedish Record Heaven / Transubstans Records label, Gösta Berlings Saga. On their debut release, Tid är Ljud, they scratch just about every prog itch imaginable, even bringing relief to places I didn't know needed scratching (don't dwell on that metaphor too long, or it starts to get ugly, OK?). These compositions are very original and have many unexpected twists without ever being overbearing, egotistical or too "difficult" to simply enjoy. This is music that speaks to the heart, not just the head. On their MySpace page, they say their music sounds like "that band your unmarried, childless uncle with that beard and the weird smell likes". Ouch. And too true.

Beautifully angular guitar solos coexist with Doors-like hypnotic psychedelia, and synth solos take off into unexpected dissonances for a few notes before resolving nicely against the backdrop of Fender Rhodes ostinatos. Its the Rhodes work that dominates this album, though there's also nice guitar, Mellotron and Solina passages in addition to a bit of flute and violin. The heavy reliance on Rhodes frequently brings to mind Magma or Quiet Sun, or sometimes Clearlight (in spite of the fact that Cyrille Verdeaux was mainly playing acoustic piano rather than Rhodes). But unlike them, there's no vocals here, aside from a couple of shouts ... this is all instrumental, and doesn't have any need for vocals to keep it interesting.

So, no more words beyond this: Tid är Ljud is brilliant, and if your tastes are anything like mine, you should really love this album. Highly recommended! -- Fred Trafton

I must say that I like the "that band your unmarried, childless uncle with that beard and the weird smell likes" bit. :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Image photo Olle Lindberg

Brief article from STV, I guess coupla years back. Apologies if you seen it before.

Rebekah sleep time with revolutionaries

Name: Rebecka Liljeberg
Make: Reads visiting doctor at the Karolinska Institute.
Current as: 10-årsjubilant with "Show Me Love".
Worth knowing: Units 70s sounding "moonbeam" in between names.

Rebecka Liljeberg answers

First TV series hang-up: "Beverly Hills"
Film / TV series I recommend or like to give as gifts: "Living in Oblivion"
Film / TV series I love to hate: "Sex and the City '
DVD (box) I can not live without: "ER" - all seasons
DVD(-box) I want: "Sopranos"
Movie lines, I prefer the afterparty: "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope."
Film that could have been my life right now: John Cromwell "Of Human Bondage" (1934) by John Cromwell
Director, I had wanted to have dinner with: Michel Gondry
Movie or television character I like to have woken up with: Gael García Bernal as Che in "The Motorcycle Diaries"
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:02 am

I love that picture.

It seems to show Rebecka in a serious, contemplative mood.
Seemingly sad but still very beautiful.

Just the kind of photo you get when someone's not expecting to be snapped. :wink:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:51 am

I want to know why I completely missed the birth of Rebecka's third child Kerstin. :shock:
Am I the only one who didn't know?

"She now lives in Stockholm with her boyfriend Alexander Skepp. They have three children: Harry Teodor, born in June 2002, Vera, born on January 1, 2005 and Kerstin born June 2009."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecka_Liljeberg

I hope she finds out what causes all this childbirth stuff so she can put a stop to it. :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am

Bloody hell, she's knocking 'em out, isn't she? Slow down, Alexander, you'll wear her out! :shock: :P

I think everyone missed that, fish, not just you! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Kso » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Wow...Already three child. Very difficult to contain such big family.
Kso
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:35 pm

I'm starting to suspect that not all of them were virgin births too. :shock:

Whatever happened to dear sweet innocent little Sophie? :roll: :D
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 am

fish wrote:I'm starting to suspect that not all of them were virgin births too. :shock:

(looks suspiciously at fish) :P :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:22 am

codyw1 wrote:(looks suspiciously at fish) :P :wink:

:oops: (embarassed silence, or is it wishful thinking)

Rebecka makes a suggestion as to what Ian can do with his smutty inuendo. :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm

codyw1 wrote:Slow down, Alexander, you'll wear her out! :shock: :P

"Vi ska gå och knulla!"
(Sklepp borrowing a line he vaguely remembers from a long-forgotten movie, in reply to Ian)
:lol:

(Great find, fish! *:)* But, also: so much for your Rebecka comeback dreams after the Gaygalan appearance. *:|* )
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:27 am

:(

But :lol: at the line.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:09 pm

fish wrote:Not the clearest ever taken but I'm willing to bet a shade of odds that this is an old pic of Alexander and Vera.

I'm reviewing what I said about this pic. I think this is more likely to be baby Kerstin.

Sorry for getting it wr***, (cough), sorry for misinterpreting the facts of the matter Rebecka. :oops:
Now, will you please forgive me and return to my dreams? You know you want to. *:)* :)P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed May 12, 2010 10:02 am

Bullmamma's blog.
http://klarhaa.blogspot.com/

Just a bit before half way down the page is a pic from FÅ, then this.

torsdag 6 maj 2010
ohlala en kändis ;)
Idag har jag jobbat på delfinexpressen hela dagen, och för er som inte vet vad det är så är det en bergochdalbana på kolmårdens djurpark ^^. Nu när det är lågsäsong så är det uruselt med folk, men inte egentligen, i parken är det runt en 500 men när alla inte är på samma ställe samtidigt ser det lite ut, Men när ja står vid delfinexpressen så kommer det en familj som består av mamma, pappa och tre barn, Och va får ja syn på när ja går fram och ska kolla byglar/biljetter ? Att mamman är självaste Rebecka Liljeberg! Ni vet hon som spelar Agnes i fucking Åmål! :D Men herrejösses hon är trettio år nästa år men såg fortfarande ut som hon kom direkt från fucking åmål inspelningen! As ballt tyckte jag ^^
Nej nu ska ja äta hemma lagade hamburgare!
Bullmamma Hälsar!
Upplagd av Klara kl. 19.03 0 kommentarer

Which Google translates as.

Thursday, May 6, 2010
ohlala a celebrity;)
Today I worked on Dolphin Express all day, and for those of you who do not know what it is, it's a rollercoaster of Kolmården zoo ^ ^. Now that it is low season so it is abysmal with people, but not much, in the park is around a 500 but when they are not all in one place while it looks a little out, but when I stand at the Dolphin Express is a family consisting mum, dad and three children, huh And yes may view on when I go up and check the jumpers / tickets? The mother is himself Rebecka Liljeberg! You know that she played Agnes in Show Me Love! : D But Mr gee she is thirty years next year, but still looked like she came straight from the recording, Show Me Love! As cool, I thought ^ ^
No, now even eat homemade burgers!
Bull mama says!
Posted by Clara at. 19:03 0 comments

I have a question....
Where the hell was her camera? :x :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Rebecka Liljeberg