Alexandra's blog

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Alexandra's blog

Postby Larsen » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:58 am

You probably know this already - or maybe not, anyway, by searching on google.se I found a blog written by Alexandra:

http://www.rodeo.net/alexandra-d/2007/07/

It starts in july 2007 and reaches till January 2009. As far as I could see it deals with her impressions of Rome, filmmaking and so on. The first two paragraphs in July 2007 translate roughly like this (I hope I'll get this right):

"First Love.

To make it quite clear from the beginning: This blog will mostly deal with European film industry and ancient monuments. It will also muc h deal with one of Italien's biggest cities, with longing and with hopes. My dear friends, I must warn you, since I am in an epic mood this afternoon, this will be quite extensive.

Okay. 2 years ago I moved to an un-organised, mendacious and corrupt country by the Mediterranean Sea. To it's capital, to boot. Unfortunately, this also turns out to be one of the most beautiful, oldest and most magical cities in Europe."
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Re: Alexandra's blog

Postby snaps » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm

snaps
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:03 am

Larsen wrote:Okay. 2 years ago I moved to an un-organised, mendacious and corrupt country by the Mediterranean Sea.

Uhm... well it could be true (more or less) but this is a very rude way to express such an opinion, isn't it?
:wink:
bruno
Gold Member

Postby Larsen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:54 pm

bruno wrote:
Larsen wrote:Okay. 2 years ago I moved to an un-organised, mendacious and corrupt country by the Mediterranean Sea.

Uhm... well it could be true (more or less) but this is a very rude way to express such an opinion, isn't it?
:wink:

Yeah, those Scandinavians are snot-nosed about all countries not lying close to the north pole, and Swedes are the greatest hypocrites of all. In Sweden you can actually get arrestet for having sex with a hooker! Felix Italia! :wink:
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 pm

Larsen wrote:Yeah, those Scandinavians are snot-nosed about all countries not lying close to the north pole, and Swedes are the greatest hypocrites of all. In Sweden you can actually get arrestet for having sex with a hooker! Felix Italia! :wink:

No that's not true, Sweden are more positive towards foreign culture and people than most countries

And Sweden have a strong feminist lobby, they're behind this law that makes it illegal to visit a prostitute, Swedes are not 'the greatest hypocrites of all'

Scandinavians are snot-nosed about all countries not lying close to the north pole

That's a really stupid comment, what the hell do you know about this Larsen?

Alexandra was frank and outspoken in her blog, like Elin, don't take it so seriously Bruno :wink:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Larsen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:
Larsen wrote:Yeah, those Scandinavians are snot-nosed about all countries not lying close to the north pole, and Swedes are the greatest hypocrites of all. In Sweden you can actually get arrestet for having sex with a hooker! Felix Italia! :wink:

No that's not true, Sweden are more positive towards foreign culture and people than most countries

And Sweden have a strong feminist lobby, they're behind this law that makes it illegal to visit a prostitute, Swedes are not 'the greatest hypocrites of all'

Scandinavians are snot-nosed about all countries not lying close to the north pole

That's a really stupid comment, what the hell do you know about this Larsen?

Alexandra was frank and outspoken in her blog, like Elin, don't take it so seriously Bruno :wink:

I apologise. I wasn't really serious. BTW: I ADORE köttbullar, Billy-shelves, ABBA, Saab (especially the old ones in this 70s-brown) and knäckebröd. And many other things originating from Sweden. :wink:
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:35 pm

We're not talking about stuff from Sweden you like, so that's besides the point

You said Scandinavians are snotty towards other countries and I wonder where you got this from?

Maybe you mean Denmark not Sweden?

Denmark is known to be a bit chauvinist actually

It's a sign of ignorance to view Scandinavia as one country, it's like saying the countries by the Mediterranean are all the same country

Any comments?
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:45 pm

I've never been to Scandinavia :( It isn't ready for me yet :) but one day when I'm famous ....

The English are snot-nosed about anywhere that isn't England. :lol: I'm Canadian by birth so that makes me a foreigner here anyway :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:48 am

snaps wrote:The English are snot-nosed about anywhere that isn't England.

With good reason.

:P :shock: :wink: :W
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Larsen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:We're not talking about stuff from Sweden you like, so that's besides the point

You said Scandinavians are snotty towards other countries and I wonder where you got this from?

Maybe you mean Denmark not Sweden?

Denmark is known to be a bit chauvinist actually

It's a sign of ignorance to view Scandinavia as one country, it's like saying the countries by the Mediterranean are all the same country

Any comments?

As I said, I wasn't really serious, but I concede that it is all my fault that you got it wrong. We Germans, as you probably know, are born without a sense of humour and irony (a phenomenon still not quite understood by anthropologists). We therefore have to learn all this humour-stuff in school. Since I'm not the brightest, I failed regularly in humour, I guess I still haven't understood it yet. Sry. :(
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby fish » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:44 am

So what hope do I have?
Born in Australia.
English and German ancestors.

I feel like jumping off a cliff. :cry:

Differences in culture and language make it hard enough avoid misunderstandings at the best of times, but when individual personalities come into it as well it takes a special talent to avoid hurt feelings. Perhaps we should just try to tollerate things that may be said in fun, but which for whatever reason we don't find funny, and accept that no offence was meant, then we can get back to the task at hand. ie, making fun of the Australians.

Then everyone can have a good time. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:10 am

fish wrote:Differences in culture and language make it hard enough avoid misunderstandings at the best of times, but when individual personalities come into it as well it takes a special talent to avoid hurt feelings. Perhaps we should just try to tollerate things that may be said in fun, but which for whatever reason we don't find funny, and accept that no offence was meant, then we can get back to the task at hand. ie, making fun of the Australians.

Then everyone can have a good time. *:)*

That has always been my preference.

:wink: :P :shock: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Larsen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 pm

I have never been to Australia, but I imagine it must be a great country (no match for Sweden, of course :wink: ). Here are some reasons (found it somewhere in www):

Top 10 Reasons For Being Australian

1. Dispossess Aborigines who have lived in your country for 40.000 years because you think it belongs to you.

2. Know your great-grand-dad was a murdering bastard that no civilised nation on earth wanted.

3. Annihilate England every time you play them at cricket.

4. Cricket captain not afraid to cry live on TV.

5. Tact and sensitivity.

6. Bondai Beach.

7. Other beaches.

8. Drinking cold lager on the beach.

9. Liberated attitude to homosexuals.

10. Having a bit of a swim and then drink some cold lager on the beach.
Larsen
Faithfull Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't mind joking, or even pointing out things that are not flattering but true

But saying stuff that have no truth, and then claiming it's a funny joke?

This I find stupid
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby bruno » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:38 pm

May I suggest to close the thread. Trust me, it's a good idea.
bruno
Gold Member

Next

Return to Alexandra Dahlström