Alex bits and pieces

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Alex bits and pieces

Postby fish » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 am

OK. So where's Alex at the moment? :?
I thought if I could find Theodore it might help, so here goes.

Here's a video from his "Puffin Beak" user name on Vimeo to show some of his work.
http://www.vimeo.com/7563681

Then there's his Myspace page here.
http://www.myspace.com/puffinbeak
More info and music.

Lastly there's his site at http://trottner.se/, which has among other things this picture which I think is pretty clever and artsy in how it shows his face.

Then you see the "news" underneath.
Maybe they're both in Moscow visiting her rellies??????
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Re: Alex bits and pieces

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:07 am

Alex has rellies in Russia? Or do you just mean Russian wellies? (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Maybe they've split up. He's going to Moscow, and Alex is heading to Adelaide for comfort.

:wink: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:33 am

Her mother is Russian isn't she?
If we knew her maternal family name we might be able to find out more.

Then again.....

codyw1 wrote:....Alex is heading to Adelaide for comfort. :wink: :P

She has my number. :D

:lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:40 am

But she's got my address.

:wink: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:51 am

The old Alex/computers interview that fish managed to find a while back is now available via my YT account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obTcMuFyQzA

:D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:10 am

Promotional film was stopped by TV4

Posted 2010-01-21
When TV4 had HRF's new commercials were stopped by the broadcast system because the sound was too bad.
But that's the whole point of HRF's celebrity heavy campaign that kicks off today.

campaign

The campaign's message is "Free call". The aim is to show how much noise there is in society today.
- The campaign to make more people aware of the problem and show how to get a better sound stage. It is possible to create stylish and comfortable surroundings where you can talk to each other. And it is not about to remove all sound, but to reduce the annoying noises, "says Mattias Brandt on Ruth, who is the agency behind the campaign.

The campaign is HRF's biggest ever and includes television commercials, Web (both banners and film, advertisements in newspapers and outdoor.'s More, the union out on tour and will draw attention with the help of a major study is now taken up by several major media .

A number of famous faces will appear in advertisements. The films shown Mogan Alling, Alexandra Dahlström and Pluralist. In addition, there have been web-TV with Michael Segerström, Regina Lund, Kim Anderzon, Javine, Helena af Sand Mountain, Ewa Funck and Alexandra Pascalidou.

more info at

http://www.resume.se/nyheter/2010/01/21/reklamfilmen-stoppades-av-/
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 am

from Axel Björklund Publicerad 11:08, 21 januari 2010 writing at

http://www.pastan.nu/bloggen/inlagg/2477

Yesterday I subjected myself to Sunn O))). It is an American band of the so-called drone metal genre, which yesterday made materials from his first album "The GrimmRobes Demos" at Fylkingen in Stockholm. A friend called their sound for "school shooting Muzak". Another, more informed, explained that Sunn O))) become more available since the first disc, "nowadays it is singing, too. Or, some kind of votes in all cases. "I can not say Sunn O))) - the fact is that Sebastian, who makes it, the other day, muttering something that I was "unworthy" my ticket and guilt-tripped me so hard that I almost gave him my gift ticket to the sold out concert.

Well at Fylkingen I register a number of more or less famous people (read: hipster) among the 150 who applied there: film makers Alexandra Dahlström, media man not shot count, Nakkna designer Claes Berkes, music writer Jan Gradvall, designer Stephen Field, Vice -Elin Unnes, Falkenberg filmmakers Hellström Henrik and Fredrik Wentzel, Popsicle-Andreas Mattsson, fixes guy Tony Cederteg, bomb-man Daniel Wiklander, elektronikamusikern Andreas Tilliander, PSL-Klas, filmmaker Ruben Broman, choreographer Anna Koch. I think I also have seen the Internet icon, Rasmus Fleischer, there also appears to be under his twitter, but I'm not entirely hundred in what he looks like so I let it be unsaid. Anyway, it was a pretty diverse crowd, but if you're going to say something generally about the audience - that makes me reluctant for fear of becoming one of those I hate it when the hip-hop concerts, a UNINITIATED writer who even scoffed at large trousers and caps askew - so imagine a pirate party politicians meets Lisbeth Salander in Nakkna-rock, beard and gray hoodie you will in all cases quite close to the aesthetics. Most are men, average age around the 35th
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks, snapsie! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:26 am

What's wrong with all these people who see Alex at this conference, or at that day out? Why don't any of them learn to take a camera with them.

FFS even a mobile phone would do the trick.

I mean it's not like you have to do more than point the thing and click a button. :roll:

:P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:49 pm

From twitter

I have seen Alexandra Dahlström look for her companion. Now my evening is done. # Guldbaggen : from Dekaminski 13 hours ago.

Great, where's your camera then?

On the dance floor has been announced that Andrew Wilson and Alexandra Dahlström will spin discs: from filmnu 13 hours ago.

(see remark above)

Footnote: Män som hatar kvinnor (English title: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) just won the #Guldbaggen (Swedish equivalent to an Oscar) 4 Best Film : about 15 hours ago from TweetDeck

Told you guys so. Pity Rebecka couldn't have played Lisbeth Salander, it could have revived her interest in an acting career, and WHEN is it being released in UK or on DVD? No word yet.

snaps O&O
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm

snaps wrote:...Pity Rebecka couldn't have played Lisbeth Salander, it could have revived her interest in an acting career, and WHEN is it being released in UK or on DVD? No word yet.

snaps O&O

Agree completely about Rebecka, that would have been nice.

I bought a copy of the dvd from here a week ago, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390146275166, but it hasn't arrived yet. *:|*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am

Subs, I take it? (Not that I can really afford it :roll: )
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 pm

You scared me when you said...
codyw1 wrote:Subs, I take it?...

...so I did a quick check and found this in bright red.

DVD/Swedish2.0/Color/2.35:1/Dolby/146min/English, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian Subtitles

I hope that means "yes". :D *:)* :wink:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 am

Cool. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 am

Last edited by snaps on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
snaps
Crew Member

Next

Return to Alexandra Dahlström