Alex bits and pieces

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Alex bits and pieces

Postby fish » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 am

I realise both Triddy and Magnus will have this as a poster on their wall, but I want to know what it's all about.
Any helpers out there?

Apologies if you've answered this already. Image
You just have to understand how dumb I am. :T
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:32 am

Interesting page. :shock:
http://www.listal.com/movie/notre-jour-viendra

Look at the cast.
French film for release 15 Sept 2010.

Where's the emoticon for "gob-smacked"?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 am

Who's that in the bottom left hand corner?

Is that who I think it is?
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 am

A blog from exactly a year ago.

http://lindadelicious.bloggplatsen.se/2009/07/27/1864815-alexandra-dahlstrom/

Google translates it like this, but if anyone can do it better please post it.

Now that I have read the Plaza Kvinna's numbers in June 2oo9, I came to this article by Alexandra Dahlstrom. She was in my favorite movie in the late 9o's, namely, Show Me Love. So I thought to write down what little I could read about her.

Forward. Upwards. Furthermore. She broke through to 14 years old and is already a veteran in the film industry. Now taking new steps Alexandra Dahlstrom, with a supporting role in this summer's blockbuster movie Manana - and award-winning director. Meet Sweden's most creative 25-year-old. My cut of the wind.

The article is written by Frida Boisen.

We stand outside the restaurant, the Frog. Opens the door, turn left and the restaurant part instead of the bar to the right. We end up in a fantastic place. With crystal chandeliers, wood paneling, white tablecloths and oil paintings on the walls.

- How lucky we were here! Oh, how beautiful! Alexandra says, letting his eyes take in the opulent walls properly.

So she feels. Fall in love to find something special in the world performing. Love in the spontaneous. The forward movement. Playing along, hoping to stumble on the magic. And so does she.

Memories of Alexandra's acclaimed short film Come here! who last fall won the 1 km film-scholarship at Stockholm film festival playing in my mind. Stunning photography, beautiful moods. A promise and a formality that Alexandra has much more to tell. So much more to share.

Her creativity is unique, and her dazzling beauty. When we see the artwork take shape half overcast afternoon, we were astonished at how cruel like Alexandra is Scarlett Johansson.

That is inspiring to hear Alexandra's stories about how she already has 13-year-old, between shots on Show Me Love rather hung with rocks, people and light directed compilers and said things like "but here we should have romantic light." Rather than just hang in the dressing room. Even where interest was born to make films. Maybe one day become a director.

Alexandra was just a child when she got the lead in Lukas Moodysson's unforgettable hit film Show Me Love. At that time she lived in an apartment in Bromma with self mom in executive search industry and dad who worked with the plumbing. The Alexandra got her first lead role was a combination of following the wind and catch the moment.

- At the time, friends and break the key. Film crew came to school and all my friends went there. I had never played the theater or so, it just works very well.

Did you have good confidence in those days?

- Honestly. When I was little, I had delusions of grandeur. I always thought that I would be something very very big. I was convinced. It was therefore very important to my diaries never got injured because they would be important to the world, haha. I was reading Anne Frank when I think that's why.

You reached the top very quickly.

- I have never wavered in my confidence about how I am a professional man. I have always known that I have some kind of talent. I do not have full control of my instrument but I am pretty technical because I've been working for quite some time. I have always thought that scene was making fun, but I did not want to devote myself entirely because I thought it was enough intellectually.

It's clear that Alexandra really care for the word intellectual. As a valuable thing. And important.

What is most important to you?

- Above all I think about moving. Forward Motion. When things are not static or there is a desire to reach forward.

What is your best career advice?

- I have a foster mom for fun, a good friend, she said: "The only and best advice I can give you is to go on pleasure. Follow your heart where you will find the right." My real mother has always been strong and fearless, and her advice was to not worry so much about what others think. Dad's advice is that you gain much by being kind. I think it's nice tips, especially right now when it all comes down to staying with sharp elbows and put himself at the center.

What makes you really proud?

- When things go well for my friends or someone I love. Then I can be so damn happy. I was proud of my mom the other day, when she sold the apartment. My parents are moving to Spain and the heat. At first I thought it felt sad to have them so far away, but then I was proud and happy, "says Alexandra and beams ...

Then these two pics.

Nice! :D
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am

Indeed! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:55 am

Other
Chris Sander, and Luger Mosebacke invite to Mosebacke Pankhurst PARTY!

- A mini-festival at Mosebacke terrace. Thursday, August 26, at 17-01.

Several of Sweden's top artists, DJs, Politicians, Cartoonist, philosopher and author participates (see line up below). Expect a crazy surreal late summer evening in liberty, equality and love signs.

Mosebacke Pankhurst PARTY! August 26
LIVE

18:45 to 19:15 Toni Holgersson & Dante Kinnunen LIVE
19:20 to 19:50 Les Big Byrd LIVE (Jocke Åhlund, Francis, Calle Lundell & Nino Keller)
20:00 to 20:45 Anna von Hausswolff LIVE
9:00 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. [nothing] LIVE (The only gig in Stockholm in the summer)

CALL

5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. Debate "What created an egalitarian society?". Schyman, Maria Ferm (Spokesman Green Youth) & The Social Democrats are debating.

17:45 to 18:30 Call "What is freedom? Focus: The Individual". Olle Carlsson (All Saints' Church), Helena Granström (physicist, writer), Manuel Vidal (high school teacher, philosophy), and others are discussing.

DJs

22:00 to 22:30 Fatima Ornette Lindqvist (Beach) DJ
22:30 to 23:00 Sofia Issadounene (Babylon) DJ
11:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Gavin Maycroft (Motherwell) DJ
23:30 to 00:00 Jacob Haage (Bandjo) DJ
00:00 to 01:00 Jari Haapalainen & Alexandra Dahlstrom DJs

Translation from here..... http://www.luger.se/ingenting/mosebacke-stockholm/2010-08-26

If you can stay awake though all the other stuff till midnight on the 26th August Alex might just rock your world. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:05 am

Goodness me, that girl is multi-talented! :D *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:41 am

Er, listen. I've been keeping an eye on Stureplan today 'cause I heard Alex was going there straight from the subway.
Trouble is, my eyes aren't that good.
The girl in the dark coat headed for the doors of the Kung Carl, that's right, the one with the umbrella, is that Alex? :shock:

Made you look. :P :lol: Image
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 am

:lol:

I'm more concerned with how I missed your Jul 27 post before... it certainly LOOKS like Alex, don't it? :?
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:19 pm

This where Alex is tonight. :Y

http://www.musiknyheter.nu/pankhurst-party-pa-mosebacke-i-augusti_20100802.html

{fish is there but who's the one in the middle? :D my money is on Magnus :D :D :D }

MOSEBACKE PANKHURST PARTY! 26 AUG

DJs
00:00-01:00 Jari Haapalainen & Alexandra Dahlström DJs

Where's triddy? *:)*
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 am

Nicely spotted, snaps.

Let's hope someone thinks to bring a camera this time. :roll: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:28 am

snaps wrote:{fish is there but who's the one in the middle? :D my money is on Magnus :D :D :D }

Magnus, Kso, don't treat Ian like that. Couldn't you find a vase? :P :lol:

snaps wrote:Where's triddy? *:)*

I have faith that she was there and will be posting tons of pics very soon. *:)* :D :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:24 am

I'm pretty sure Alex's showreel has been posted before, But I couldn't find it. So here it is again on the Actors In Scandinavia site.

http://www.actors.fi/actors/dahlstrom_show.html

Very nice it is too.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 am

fish wrote:
snaps wrote:{fish is there but who's the one in the middle? :D my money is on Magnus :D :D :D }

Magnus, Kso, don't treat Ian like that. Couldn't you find a vase? :P :lol:

I'm just glad I'm not the one with my head up a fish's arse. :shock: :P

Presumably fish is, too! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:09 pm

D'oh. Image
I walked straight into that one, eh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fish
fish