Pictures of Alexandra [Topic 3]

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Pictures of Alexandra [Topic 3]

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:39 pm

fish wrote:Yes, they're from Blondie, which I really hope I can see.
Here's a page from the Toronto International Film Festival where it's due to be screened. http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2012/blondie
It's also to be screened at the Venice Festival.
And another page which gives a bit better rundown of the story. http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/08/family-reunions-are-hell-in-trailer-for-tiff-vangaurd-selection-blondie.php
Both pages have the preview vid, but the best (biggest) is on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S639pHCAmHY&feature=plcp

Cheevers4ever wrote:...have these pictures been posted before, i assume they might seen as every photo taken of Alexandra is on here :D

Again, yes. That site is run by Glampop, a long standing member here, and it's the best site for Alex pics and clips.
Sometimes I find stuff and Glampop uses it from here, but mostly she finds the pics and clips herself. She's brilliant at finding them. _O_
Everyone should pay her site a visit from time to time.

Having said that, I'm a bit concerned about Glampop's well being at the moment. I sent her a PM some time ago letting her know that "Because The Night" was again available to download to her site but I haven't had a reply. And her site hasn't been updated for a couple of months.
Most unusual. *:|*

Hope you're well Glampop and soon back with us. *:)*

Thanks fish for the Details on Blondie, i wonder if this film will get her back on track and lead to more film work, it looks like it be a cross between Festen (first dogme film) and a Lars von Trier film plus it be Alexandra's first real adult role (in the sense of the subject matter) and it will hopefully be at least a good movie and her performance at least to rival what she did in Fucking Amal. It looks very downbeat but at least she's got a role in interesting Swedish film.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 am

Blondie is only one of a few films Alex has for impending release.
There's the Fia-Stina Sandlund trilogy about Strindberg's "Miss Julie" character, and also the Brazilian film "Astro" by Paula Trabulsi.
Great viewing ahead. *:)*
If only we can get to see them. *:|*

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

Yeah, she never seems to stop!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Cheevers4ever » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

fish wrote:Blondie is only one of a few films Alex has for impending release.
There's the Fia-Stina Sandlund trilogy about Strindberg's "Miss Julie" character, and also the Brazilian film "Astro" by Paula Trabulsi.
Great viewing ahead. *:)*
If only we can get to see them. *:|*

Really?? on her IMDB page it only says Blondie. I'd say if any of them get great reviews and do well on the festival film scene they will get dvd releases. Blondie seems to been made by critically well recieved Swedish director so it should get a worldwide dvd release. I happy to see her working on more roles and hopefully one of these roles will make a splash worldwide.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:00 am

IMDB sucks. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Alexandra Dahlström