Pictures of Alexandra [Topic 4]

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Pictures of Alexandra [Topic 4]

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:10 pm

katka wrote:I see that leopard pants elastic comming into fashion again :lol: :T

I be a happy man for that so :D
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby fish » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:27 am

fish wrote:...I'll try to post a bit more detail on Astro tomorrow...

I found a page a couple of days ago but it's strangely gone missing. Had a nice synopsis and all. :(
Keep looking Fish. :roll:

Image Image

katka wrote:...I see that leopard pants elastic comming into fashion again :lol: :T ...

I think Alex must have noticed that too. :)P :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:11 am

Alex notices everything. :D :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Juule » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Hmm. Has this been here before?
From here.
Interesting stuff there (some examples of the films where she's been acting).

And what about this? (A bit larger version here.)
From here.

:)P
Juule
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:24 am

That first one is beautiful.
(I was just about to post it. :( :P :lol: )
I think it might be worthwhile keeping an eye on the Exit Film Fest. 8)

I haven't seen the second one at all. :shock:
And I don't know anything about "Player". :shock: :shock:

There are a whole bunch of Venice Film Fest pics around at the moment.
I'll put the three smallest here together.

Image Image Image

And here's a nice synopsis of Blondie borrowed from Cineuropa.org

"A four queen poker hand in Blondie by Jesper Ganslandt

by Vittoria Scarpa

03/09/2012 - More often than not, when there is a family gathering in a film, things end badly. Swedish director, Jesper Ganslandt’s new feature film is no exception to this rule. Blondie, an all-female family tale, presented at Venice Days in Venice, combines four extraordinary actresses, all of whom are marvellously blonde. The blondie that the title refers to is Elin (played by Carolina Gynning, a former model who was also a winner on Sweden’s Big Brother), the second in a line of three sisters – all terribly different, but all united by a common form of existential restlessness which comes and goes. Elin is the starting point for an exploration among this complex family nucleus, and it is to her that the spectator will remain tied to throughout the film. So much so in fact, that the film seems like an anthem to her. She is a captivating, dramatic and entertaining character who combines elements of fragility, unruliness and madness.

To celebrate her seventieth birthday, a mother (played by theatre actress Marie Göranzon) asks her three daughters to come and stay in their childhood home: Elin, a model, who divides her time between photo sets, cocaine and casual encounters; the firstborn Katarina (Helena af Sandeberg), who is married with two children and has a young lover; and Lova (Alexandra Dahlström), the household baby, who lives in London and has a propensity towards crying and panic attacks. As so often is the case in families, roles are very clearly set out. Katarina is the reliable one, Lova is the most taken care of and Elin is treated badly. The three sisters meet again, laugh and dance. But celebrations quickly give way to old wounds and repressed grudges, revealing little by little a mother who is not as loving and kind as she first appears.

The theme - that of a family on the brink of explosion - is a recurring one in Nordic cinema. “It is a subject which is easy to relate and identify yourself to,” observes Ganslandt, “but my women are not asking themselves existential questions, like in Bergman’s films. They are just pissed off.” “My objective was to create a credible family. Which is why rehearsals lasted six months, starting with improvisation: washing dishes, going out together, sitting on the sofa.” Helena af Sandeberg describes the process in similar terms. “During filming, we all lived together. Now we are still in touch. In the end we managed to create a real family.”

The intimacy you feel between the four actresses is indeed strong. In the end, it really does seem like they are alike. A successful endeavour then for a successful film: a bittersweet comedy, a splendid portrait of women, a truthful, hazy painting full of family joys and pains."
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 am

Like I thought, a sort of characterstudy of both the individial and the family as one, this sounds like a interesting film with great depths!
So looking forward to this, hope i'm not disappointed.

Great stuff as usual Fish! *:)*
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Dahls wrote:Like I thought, a sort of characterstudy of both the individial and the family as one, this sounds like a interesting film with great depths!
So looking forward to this, hope i'm not disappointed.

Great stuff as usual Fish! *:)*

Good find Fish are you sure you're not her Manager :D

I'm liking the look of Blonde could be a role and film that will take her out of the shadow of Fucking Amal which she's been under most of her film career so far. Which will hopefully will lead to more work in Swedish cinema and hopefully Europe.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 am

Cheevers4ever wrote:... are you sure you're not her Manager :D ...

OK, OK, my secret's out. :shock:
I wish. *:)* :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 am

BBBBBBlondie. *:)*

I have a bed that's very similar to...... er, hang on let me check something.......
........................ :shock:
Sorry. I have to go now. :D *:)* :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Fish, as you're the man on everything Alexandra :D , What the reviews been like for Blonde, the one above you posted was a pretty good one. Alexandra is looking far more attractive as she gets older and this is looking a very good year for her since she started. I'm wishing and hoping she gets a few stronger roles in great films just makes for better conversation cause we are running out of things to talk about on Fucking Amal :D.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Dahls » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm for one is firmly optimistic about both her upcoming films :Y
I sense a great future for Alex after this year, her name will be on every director and producers notebook, and she can finally choose from the best available scripts in the industy.
This will also, of course, inspire Bex to make a comeback, most likely playing by the side of Alex again.

Then you be complaining that we never shut the hell up! 8) :lol:

How delightful unrealistic these pills are making me :T :P
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Dahls wrote:I'm for one is firmly optimistic about both her upcoming films :Y
I sense a great future for Alex after this year, her name will be on every director and producers notebook, and she can finally choose from the best available scripts in the industy.
This will also, of course, inspire Bex to make a comeback, most likely playing by the side of Alex again.

Then you be complaining that we never shut the hell up! 8) :lol:

How delightful unrealistic these pills are making me :T :P

I'd be happy if she has a career as a Character actress someone who pops up in decent size roles in Good Swedish movies and European films. I doubt somehow she wil ever become a main actress sadly unless Lukas Moodysson or a big time Swedish or European director takes a chance on her as a lead actress in a biggish film. I certainly thinks she has the looks and she's still young and she carrys herself like a star, i be happy if she gets herself out of the shadow of "Elin" and "Fucking Amal" and makes a few very good Swedish films. I can't seee Bex ever coming back now saadly unless they offer her big money which i doubt will ever happen.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Dahls » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Cheevers4ever wrote:
I'd be happy if she has a career as a Character actress someone who pops up in decent size roles in Good Swedish movies and European films. I doubt somehow she wil ever become a main actress sadly unless Lukas Moodysson or a big time Swedish or European director takes a chance on her as a lead actress in a biggish film. I certainly thinks she has the looks and she's still young and she carrys herself like a star, i be happy if she gets herself out of the shadow of "Elin" and "Fucking Amal" and makes a few very good Swedish films. I can't seee Bex ever coming back now saadly unless they offer her big money which i doubt will ever happen.

Agreed!

You do understand that was an attempt at a joke right!? :P

I rarely get it right *:|*
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 pm

Dahls wrote:
Cheevers4ever wrote:

Agreed!

You do understand that was an attempt at a joke right!? :P

I rarely get it right *:|*

:lol: sorry i'm a bit serious at times Dahls. I know you meant it as a joke :)

I was surprised looking at the way she carries herself in photos thats she's little known in Sweden if at all, I taught she be pretty famous cause she's always have her photo taken but i think she's pretty good at promoting herself (making sure she's at the right parties) and keeping her face in the public eye. My Swedish friend says she's seen as a one hit wonder if at all by the larger public. She's a working actress which is probably tough for her but better then working a 9 to 5.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby snaps » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:19 am

She's big in Brazil!

Atrizes brincando com instalação do filme. Diversão nos bastidores!

Actresses playing with film installation. Fun behind the scenes!

snaps
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Alexandra Dahlström