Pictures of Alexandra [Topic 4]

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Re: Pictures of Alexandra [Topic 4]

Postby fish » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:16 am

Cheevers4ever wrote:seems like it be a lot lighter then Blonde

I agree. I think Blondie looks like quite a deep, serious film, whereas Astro just stikes me as being much lighter and happier.

More from Lund IFFF

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 am

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:48 am

Alex: I have no idea who that guy behind me is. I wish he'd go away. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Kso » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 pm

"Astro" have trailer? I can't find it.
Kso
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:45 am

The "Astro" trailer is here on Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/42407407
Enjoy. *:)*

Alex: "And a special hej to Ian. Do they even have electricity in Queensland?" :roll: *:|* :P :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am

Wow, nice nice trailer. Alex looks beautiful and those shots, very bright, are really good. And the end..a film by....a million people :lol: it's good. :D
katka
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:48 am

But we will ever get to see it? :?
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:50 am

fish wrote:The "Astro" trailer is here on Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/42407407
Enjoy. *:)*

Alex: "And a special hej to Ian. Do they even have electricity in Queensland?" :roll: *:|* :P :lol:

Thanks for the find Fish :D

Looking at the Trailer, it doesn't give much away in terms of plot and is very fragmented. It has the feel of Micheal Gondry type of film and it seems that the actors will play more of a background to the images. Alexandra speaking English is a very good thing and her female co lead looks very cute too, i wonder if this will have a lesbian reltionship in it :lol: . I expect Blonde to be Alexandra's more tougher film in terms of her acting and Astro to be her leading role for the Alexandra Fanatics to crazy about. I didn't like the trailer too much, it came off very cheap looking. But hopefully the film is going to be better.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:54 am

Ian wrote:But we will ever get to see it? :?

I think Blonde will be far more easier to get your hands on then Astro. I don't think unless its a big hit on the festival scene you will find Astro very easy to come by. Blonde has a director thats pretty well respected in sweden so it will get a DVD release but will it be with English subtitles :? . But at least it be there to see. Astro i wouldn't be so confindent about been easy to find.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Dahls » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Astro looks like something i want to see, if I can get my hands on it. Part becouse of the lead role I admit, but also it seems like a fairly intriuging "seach for your roots" story, shot in exciting locations. And one gets curious where that new friendships leads.. :P :wink:

But to be honest, I'm way more looking forward to Blondie, which seems more interesting, and simply superior of the two.

Isn't Blondie supose to be screened in the Venice film festival? It opened a few days ago, but I can't find the film on their homepage. *:|*
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Dahls wrote:Astro looks like something i want to see, if I can get my hands on it. Part becouse of the lead role I admit, but also it seems like a fairly intriuging "seach for your roots" story, shot in exciting locations. And one gets curious where that new friendships leads.. :P :wink:

But to be honest, I'm way more looking forward to Blondie, which seems more interesting, and simply superior of the two.

Isn't Blondie supose to be screened in the Venice film festival? It opened a few days ago, but I can't find the film on their homepage. *:|*

Yeah the reltionship between Alexandra and the Brazilian girl in Astro does look pretty close going by the scenes of them in the Trailer are to go by. But we're probably digging too deep into that :D .

I think Astro will interest people a lot more cause it seems Alexandra is the main lead in the film. While in Blonde she could be the less interesting out of the three sisters or the less seen. It seems more about the older two sisters going by the trailer. But I agree Dahls Blonde just seems more gripping and more in the line of films i like to watch. But we're going by trailers so at the moment Blonde seems the more interesting :). But Astro could surprise us.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby fish » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:23 am

Astro is released in theatres in Brazil later this month. I guess the DVD release will depend on how well it goes at the box office.
It should be pretty straight forward getting a copy through Ebay Brazil. :roll:
I'll try to post a bit more detail on Astro tomorrow.

I think Blondie has already had one screening in Venice, with a couple more to come. http://www.venice-days.com/film.asp?id=9&id_dettaglio=56&t=BLONDIE&lang=eng

I don't know which will be better, but I hope to be able to buy both DVD's. *:)* *:)*

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week closing party on 29 Aug 2012

yum. :)P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 am

fish wrote:Astro is released in theatres in Brazil later this month. I guess the DVD release will depend on how well it goes at the box office.
It should be pretty straight forward getting a copy through Ebay Brazil. :roll:
I'll try to post a bit more detail on Astro tomorrow.

I think Blondie has already had one screening in Venice, with a couple more to come. http://www.venice-days.com/film.asp?id=9&id_dettaglio=56&t=BLONDIE&lang=eng

I don't know which will be better, but I hope to be able to buy both DVD's. *:)* *:)*

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week closing party on 29 Aug 2012

yum. :)P

Thats the Keyboard player from Those dancing days and Vulkano, the video Alexandra directed. Yum yum :D
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am

Great stuff, fishy. :D *:)*
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:58 am

I see that leopard pants elastic comming into fashion again :lol: :T
katka
Crew Member