Alexandra Dahlström on Street View (Google Maps)

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Alexandra Dahlström on Street View (Google Maps)

Postby Xican96 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:19 pm

I found it a week ago: do you think it might be her real address :?:
Xican96

Re: Alexandra Dahlström on Street View (Google Maps)

Postby DMt. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 pm

I really hope not, and if it is, why not delete the reference in your post?

Posting it on a public forum could be bringing trouble to her door. *:|*
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Xican96 wrote:do you think it might be her real address :?:

It isn't. So maybe do a favour to one of the many other Alexandras out there and delete. If you want to contact her, best go through her official agent. But that doesn't mean she will necessarily respond. It's just something you have to be prepared for. Unlike say, a rock star, she isn't aiming to build up a grassroots following. What determines the parts she gets is down to a lot of hard work, auditions, readings, and industry contacts and raising finance for film projects, not the amount of fan-mail she gets. It is a VERY competitive environment. Her time in Italy for example promoted a lot of interest, promises and contacts but very little of tangible value. Unlike a regular job, acting and film directing has no regular pay packet. There is still rent to pay and food to be bought. So contacts with others, despite fandom, really have to be focussed on the grinding work of getting the next contract rather than keeping-up with fans, I fear. :(
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:46 pm

This is when i think Fan forums go toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far. I think anyone posting where their favourite actress lives is a bit too much.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby snaps » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 pm

In Xican96's defense I will say, that I know her intentions are completely honourable, and no harm is intended. :Y

In my time I've met and been introduced to a few famous people. Not big-time celebs but well-known in their fields.

My conclusion. Huge disappointment. Not because they weren't nice people, but that was exactly it. My expectations were something different and wildly imagined.

You just have to get accustomed to the idea that some people appear to lead EXTRAORDINARY lives, because of WHAT they do for a living. The reality is that they really are just ordinary people like us, who appear to be different or exceptional because of what they do, and maybe not many people earn a living the way they do.

Maybe sometimes its better to let such people live inside our imaginations, get near but never get too close for fear of breaking the spell.? :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:30 am

Yeah, I think that's going a little far there, so I've removed the reference.

And I agree with snaps there too, by the way. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Hope I didn't come over too snotty.
Sure no harm was meant, as snappia say.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:21 pm

I know Ian has mentioned this before as well, that it's not wise to meet "your idols", but I don't quite understand you here.

To me personally Bex and Lex are no idols btw, I like the film Fucking Åmål and it's fun to hang on this forum.

But I thought one of the reasons you liked them so much was because they're not superstars, they are relatively ordinary.

Lex is often seen on new photos but she's hardly a big celebrity in Sweden either.

So I don't see why it would be a negative experience to meet them really, and I'm sure they would be nice and polite. :wink:
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:14 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:I know Ian has mentioned this before as well, that it's not wise to meet "your idols", but I don't quite understand you here.

To me personally Bex and Lex are no idols btw, I like the film Fucking Åmål and it's fun to hang on this forum.

But I thought one of the reasons you liked them so much was because they're not superstars, they are relatively ordinary.

Lex is often seen on new photos but she's hardly a big celebrity in Sweden either.

So I don't see why it would be a negative experience to meet them really, and I'm sure they would be nice and polite. :wink:

I be honest here the reason i'm here is for the film Fucking amal and while its nice to hear what Alexandra and Rebecka are doing i couldn't really care cause i Love Elin and Agnes the characters more then the real people in life. No disrespect to them just really wouldn't like to meet them cause i know they'd be a let down and that kinda ruin my experience of the film. For me in my mind, Alexandra and Rebecka will forever be stuck at the ages they were when they did Fucking amal and i'm happy with that. Plus i might be hated for this but alexandra comes of like she really loves herself in Interviews and it sort of leaves me cold.Like you, i'm here to here for great conversation (when there's anyone around that is :D )
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby fish » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:09 am

From a distance of half a planet away Alex seems like a remarkably intelligent and talented young woman and I'd love to meet her for a chat.
But there's no way I would try to impose myself on her in an uninvited manner so she's very safe from me.
I'm just interested in her as a fan, I wish her well in all her future endevours, and I thank her for being in the public eye thus far in her life. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I would like to meet with Rebecka, I don't a fear of disappointment, because I know that I can't count with some of my ideas about her. Even though my intuition says how probably she is. I can imagine what to expect of that meeting because of I would like the simplest and most natural talk as among ordinary people because Rebecka is essentially an ordinary person, so I see no reason why suffer from some mania. But I would had a little worried of course. :roll: :)
katka
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:36 am

You mean you would be a little nervous?

Bring your dog as support. *:)*
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Postby katka » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 pm

:lol: funny :mrgreen: and most of the conversation would revolved around a dog. :T Oh but why not, after all... :roll: :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 am

katka wrote:... and most of the conversation would revolved around a dog...

Don't forget to take a camera too. :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 am

fish wrote:From a distance of half a planet away Alex seems like a remarkably intelligent and talented young woman and I'd love to meet her for a chat.
But there's no way I would try to impose myself on her in an uninvited manner so she's very safe from me.
I'm just interested in her as a fan, I wish her well in all her future endevours, and I thank her for being in the public eye thus far in her life. *:)*

As i stated before, I wish her the best of luck with her career but apart from Fucking Amal nothing she's done since has been of any high quality (apart from her cameo in Our Day will come). So i wouldn't be bothered to much if i saw her on the street. I'd love to meet Lukas Moodysson more really.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Next

Return to Alexandra Dahlström