Alexandra Dahlstrom Film and TV (Career Overview)

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Alexandra Dahlstrom Film and TV (Career Overview)

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:11 pm

I just thought I start a thread where we can discuss Alexandra's film and TV career in one place, aside from Fucking Amal, she's done a 15 pieces of work over her 17 year career. I like us to discuss what work you consider great to good to bad. What film (fucking amal aside) holds her best performance? What Film/TV work is worth checking out? and what is to be avoided?. Maybe make a top 10 list about what is her best films are (short and Full) and give us a reason why you think it's great.

Here's her Filmography:

Short Films

Player (2012)
Jenny ger igen (2009)
Like Love But for Real!(2004)
Utvecklingssamtal (2003)
La carpe (2002)

TV

Covert Affairs
Goede tijden, slechte tijden
S:t Mikael

Film

Broken Hill Blues (2013)
Astro: An Urban Fable in a Magical Rio De Janeiro(2012)
Blondie (2012)
Our Day Will Come (2010)
Mañana (2008)
Fröken Sverige (2004)
In Bed with Santa (1999)
Fucking Amal (1998)
Truth or Dare (1997)

Director/Writer

Because The Night (2009)

Aside from Fucking Amal, I did see Froken Sverige, I actually think her performance in that film is every bit as good as it's in Amal but Amal is a far stronger film. Our Day Will Come, I actually caught at a local French film Festival in Dublin a few years back, I got to be honest I didn't notice Alexandra first time round. I think it's fair to say it's probably stands out cause we see her naked probably the closet we will get in film :D She's playing a bit of party girl to be fair nothing major then that. The film itself is very good, anything with Vincent Cassel is worth a watch. Blondie, even though it has one of Alexandra's larger roles, is a bit of a drab and boring experience. She's given the least interesting sister role imo but does well with what she's given to do.

I've yet to see Astro, even though someone uploaded on here but I've been hearing it's one of her stronger films. I haven't seen her debut Truth or Dare or Manana both are very hard to get their hands on. I heard bad things about In Bed with Santa, that Alexandra's role isn't even in it much so I haven't been that interested. Her last role Broken Hill Blues has only been released in Scandinavia. I doubt her role will be that big, even Lina Leandersson from Let the Right One In has only 9 lines in it. So two of it's bigger stars basically have Cameo's. But I still would like to have a watch.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Re: Alexandra Dahlstrom Film and TV (Career Overview)

Postby amarie » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:47 am

Aside from Fucking Amal, I really enjoy Miss Sweden, Astro and Manana. Truth or Dare was alright. I may have enjoyed it if I had watched it when it came out as I would have been the right age for it. Astro was just really cool to watch. Beautiful scenery and shots, the story was interesting and Veronica Debom as Alexandra's costar did an awesome job! I'd highly recommend that one!

There's a full filmography I've put together here: http://alexandra-dahlstrom.net/?page_id=1422

The one I'd love to see is Spindelgangen but as far as I can tell, it was placed on hiatus or permanent hiatus. I hope someday it pops up online, Vimeo would be a great platform for it!
amarie
Gold Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 pm

amarie wrote:Aside from Fucking Amal, I really enjoy Miss Sweden, Astro and Manana. Truth or Dare was alright. I may have enjoyed it if I had watched it when it came out as I would have been the right age for it. Astro was just really cool to watch. Beautiful scenery and shots, the story was interesting and Veronica Debom as Alexandra's costar did an awesome job! I'd highly recommend that one!

There's a full filmography I've put together here: http://alexandra-dahlstrom.net/?page_id=1422

The one I'd love to see is Spindelgangen but as far as I can tell, it was placed on hiatus or permanent hiatus. I hope someday it pops up online, Vimeo would be a great platform for it!

Ah thanks Amaire, love your site about Alexandra, very well researched even I found facts I didn't even know about her ( that she might have been married :o ). Some of her short films I would love to see, some of them sound very interesting. I liked Miss Sweden, I do think it's her strongest performance in a film aside from Fucking Amal. The film isn't any great shakes though. Astro I've read some great reviews from here but I always seem to forget to watch it. Would you say it's her best film since Fucking Amal?. Manana I haven't seen.

Spindelgangen, I work in the Film industry and when a film is placed on "permanent hiatus" it really means it ain't very good. But yeah I would love to see the footage.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 am

Astro was nice. I quite like Froken Sverige though; prefer both of them to Manana, personally.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:07 am

I'd love to catch up with all of her short films, even in those she directs she has a habit of making some sort of appearance, and besides, most of them are pretty good.
Same with the music vids too.

You should definitely watch Astro, it's a visual treat of Rio and a good film to boot.
It's on Vimeo, with English subs in the very few places they're needed. (Thanks to Tatiana in Brazil *:)* ) https://vimeo.com/79447354

Favourites after the obvious?
Tough call.
Maybe "Fröken Sverige", "Astro", "Som kärlek fast på riktigt!" (very cute short film), etc, etc, etc.
Probably all of them in any order depending on the mood of the day. :roll: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby ArcticMonkeys » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:40 am

Ian wrote:Astro was nice. I quite like Froken Sverige though; prefer both of them to Manana, personally.

Manana is tough to get my hands on but I heard she doesn't have that big of a part in it. Froken Sverige, I think is her best performance after Fucking Amal, I think her performance is every bit as good as it was in FA although FA is a way better movie.
ArcticMonkeys
Gold Member

Postby fish » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:17 am

Mañana was an OK film, though the main characters were the two guys.
Alex and Helena af Sandeberg played the girlfriends and I thought both were very good.
Plenty of Alex content but really just as an adjuct to her boyfriend.

It should be fairly easy to find on Ebay and maybe a cheap copy would be a good buy.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Return to Alexandra Dahlström