Vulkano the band

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Vulkano the band

Postby fish » Wed May 18, 2016 8:05 am

Vulkano's new song "As above, so below" has been released and is on YT among other places. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpqERBGffzY

Like Cissi's previous project "Neptune Moon" it has dark overtones.
What starts out as a happy day for the newlyweds degenerates over the duration of the song.

But then, that's life sometimes.
I like it. :D *:)*

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Re: Vulkano the band

Postby M83 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Liked their first album Live Wild Die Free, especially the songs Choir of The Wolves, Vision Tricks and Vulkano. Saw them Live when they supported Katie Nash in Dublin (only went to the gig to see them) met them after the show and they were nice girls. But I wasn't a massive fan of the second album Iridescence, liked the first single Smiley Faces but it just didn't connect with them. Also preferred their first band Those Dancing Days, amazing how much they changed too but just prefer the type of music they made with that band. But I did love that video for that song you posted, fish.

Have you seen the documentary that Alexandra made on them?
M83
Gold Member

Postby fish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:27 am

M83 wrote:...Have you seen the documentary that Alexandra made on them?

Yes.
I thought it was very good, with a number of little "Alex" moments. :D
I was lucky enough to find a copy for sale on Tradera, and I arranged for a Swedish seller on Ebay to buy it and sell it on to me.
It seemed to be the only way to get it out of Sweden. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby M83 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:01 pm

fish wrote:
M83 wrote:...Have you seen the documentary that Alexandra made on them?

Yes.
I thought it was very good, with a number of little "Alex" moments. :D
I was lucky enough to find a copy for sale on Tradera, and I arranged for a Swedish seller on Ebay to buy it and sell it on to me.
It seemed to be the only way to get it out of Sweden. *:)*

Haven't had the chance to see it myself, unless Vulkano become big or the band uploads it to Youtube with English subtitles I doubt it will ever see the light outside Sweden. It seems like going by the trailer, more like a mate making a film on her mate's band, rather then showing the bad side or bad break up's a bit like the film DIG (if you haven't seen that you should one of the craziest music documentaries you ever see). Seems like Alex and Lisa are very close friends, they always seem to hang out. Never really see Alex and Cissi hang out too much though aside from the films promotion.
M83
Gold Member

Return to Alexandra Dahlström