New Alexandra stuff on Youtube

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

New Alexandra stuff on Youtube

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:06 am

Just been watching some new (2007/08?) stuff on Youtube, including a couple of interviews and a bit of that Dutch soap she's doing. I have to say, Alexandra has grown up very nicely! :D She seems impossibly cute and very sweet. It was absolutely delightful to see her speaking English, as well, and so fluently and naturally you'd think she was English if you didn't know better (pity there isn't any footage of Rebecka speaking English too). Wonderful.

I think I've become a bigger fan of her than I was before now. Will definitely try to check out that new movie of hers if/when it gets released (or on dvd). She's great.
Ian
Webmaster

Re: New Alexandra stuff on Youtube

Postby Rebecka Fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 am

codyw1 wrote: (pity there isn't any footage of Rebecka speaking English too).

there is in a Bears Kiss. http://youtube.com/watch?v=abB6AtMWNnA
(uploaded to my account).
Last edited by Rebecka Fan on Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:09 am

Cool. thanks! :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Rebecka Fan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:24 am

codyw1 wrote:Cool. thanks! :wink:

you're welcome!
*Kyle*
I'm a Guy Directioner.
Rebecka Fan
Crew Member

Postby kant1781 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:15 pm

This is an interesting document, also on youtube. Alexandra at the Göteborg Film Festival 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6T4vixhGM

Agnes&Elin Forever recently pointed out that Alexandra is on record for saying that she's fed up with always being associated with Fucking Åmål. At first, that is hard to swallow for someone like me who loves that film so much. I wish that more people around me would even know about Fucking Åmål or would associate Alexandra with it! But after seeing this clip, I feel for her. You can see that she's so tired... imagine that you did something when you were really a kid (14 years old!!), and now you have grown up to be become a completely different person, but nobody wants to know who you are, all they care about is that former self of yours that you have left behind. Ten years after you're still asked to repeat the old lines to any sucker you don't know... It must feel to her like being one of those singers who had one huge hit in the seventies and who knows that at his concerts, nobody cares for the busloads of songs he has written since, they all just wait for him to play that one song to make them feel like in the old days.

Alex, please, what you need is a new hit, a new masterpiece. Go and knock them off their feet! Then you can make peace with the fact that you will forever be remembered for you contribution to a timeless classic.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:05 am

Mm, no offence, Dave, but I think you may be reading a bit more into that clip than I did. I just thought it was kinda amusing. Alex seemed a little startled, but also vaguely amused.

I certainly hope she doesn't resent FA. Let's face it, why do we all love her and why are we following her career with such interest? Because of FA! Wouldn't know her from adam otherwise, alas. Very much hope to see her new movie when it comes out, and hope she's got plenty more to come.

That said, it does seem to be a phase actors go through, though most eventually get over it and embrace it. I saw an interview with Zach Galligan recently (best known as Billy from Gremlins) and he went through a similiar period of being tired of only being known as Billy and associated with one movie... only to eventually get over it and reembrace it.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby kant1781 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:42 am

Yes, maybe I am (reading too much into it). Surely she doesn't "resent" FA; it was just that A&EF wrote that she said she's fed up with being reduced to that one thing she did long ago. After watching this clip, I suddenly imagined that I understood why.
kant1781
Crew Member

Postby Agnes&Elin Forever! » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:24 pm

She is a struggling young actress nowadays, she feels frustrated that they always bring up FÅ in interviews etc, I can certainly understand this.
Agnes&Elin Forever!
Crew Member

Return to Alexandra Dahlström