Because The Night

Talk about Alexandra Dahlström's films here.

Moderator: Ian

Because The Night

Postby fish » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:28 am

Anyone free on 28th June?

http://www.stagepool.se/docs/news/news_detail.asp?id=4373

"Extras wanted for Alexandra Dahlström new short film

Bob film seeks extras in the Stockholm area who will take part in Alexandra Dahlström new short film "Because the night".

Extras wanted for a recording of Because The Night - Alexandra Dahlström third short film that will have its premiere at the Stockholm Film Festival and shown on SVT. The recording will take place at the nightclub Marie Laveau, Hornsgatan 66 in Stockholm and is now looking after Bob movie happy and dance-hungry people between 16-35 years for a bigger party scene on Sunday, 28 / 6.

The recording starts at: 13:30 and continues until after midnight. It served food and drink during the evening and they fly in DJs from Berlin.
In other words, they promise not only a fun filming, but also a great party!"


Ian can arrange to pick everyone up in his Tardis. :P
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Re: Because The Night

Postby snaps » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:08 am

Because the Night (2010?)

Because the Night utspelar sig under en ljum sommarkväll som trasas sönder av diskoljus och öronbedövande musik. Fyra livsöden snuddar vid varandra, fyra väldigt olika personer söker varandras bekräftelse. Gemensamt har de att ingen av dem kan stanna hemma, de är sprängdfyllda av både sorg och livsglädje.

Because the Night is set during a warm summer evening as torn to shreds by the disco lights and deafening music. Four life stories touch on each other, four very different people seeking each other's confirmation. Collectively, they none of them can stay home, they are chock-full of both sorrow and joy of life.

1 kilometer film. (?)

Regi & Manus: Alexandra, Produced by Jakob Vedefors (who also produced Kom Hit in 2008). Bob Film AB, Sweden.

Info from Svenska Filminstitutet. 8)
User avatar
snaps
Crew Member
 
Posts: 2228
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Fiskargatan 9, Södermalm, 11620 STOCKHOLM

Re: Because The Night

Postby fish » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:10 am

Interview with Alex "on turning 25".
A bit about Because the Night, Mañana, Fucking Åmål, etc, etc.
The pic used by Glampop is at the top of the page.
Image

Also links to another article on Alex.

http://experienceno1.blogspot.com/2009/05/alexandra-dahlstrom-har-blivit-25-ar.html
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Re: Because The Night

Postby fish » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:14 am

snaps wrote:..Because the Night is set during a warm summer evening as torn to shreds by the disco lights and deafening music. 8)

All we need is Dr Hult to organise the transport and we're there. :D *:)* *:)* *:)*
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Re: Because The Night

Postby Ian » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 am

A forum outing is in order, I suspect.

fish is paying, its alright.

:lol: :D :wink:


Just read (translated) the interview. Aww, she's such a sweetie. :oops: :D
User avatar
Ian
Webmaster
 
Posts: 12250
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am
Location: Round the Bend

Re: Because The Night

Postby fish » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:22 pm

codyw1 wrote:fish is paying, its alright.

Your cheque is in the mail. O-) :twisted:
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Re: Because The Night

Postby bruno » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:13 pm

fish wrote:Interview with Alex "on turning 25".


An english translation could work wonders there

Ok I already said that a zillion times...
8)
bruno
Gold Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Re: Because The Night

Postby fish » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:41 am

bruno wrote:An english translation could work wonders there


This is only using Google Translate so it isn't what you'd call good English, probably not a great translation either, but it's the easiest to find and use.

"May 9, 2009
Alexandra Dahlström has become 25 years old.


. And decided. Now she spends all of spectacle making and directing. "Before, I wanted to become academics, altogether. In high school, I longed for the university. I longed for me to get deeper me more, "she says.

"I'm damn happy now"


Name: Alexandra Dahlström. Age: 25 years. Profession: Actress and director. Lives in: Stockholm, Sweden. Family: Mom, dad, sister and boyfriend. Revenue: 63 400 SEK (tax-08). Currently: Playing Petra in the Scanian comedy "Mañana" which had theatrical release May 8

Alexandra on ...

... recording of "Mañana":

- It was a very pleasant and familiar recording. Manuel Concha is a very warm and generous director, and just what I feel labeled. And I liked the movie as soon as I read the script. I thought it was hard to dance like that in a nightgown in one of the scenes. But the best was that Manuel did it before me so it was okay and fun. He took the edge off it.

.. to play in Petra "Mañana":

- I thought it was great fun because she is so far from how I am private. It was a challenge and it's fun to show what goes on when you do something completely different. Since I've also been through break-up and relationships that have stalled although you do not want to finish them all at once. But this with security and stability may not be as important to me as it is for Petra. I'm the person who reflects on repayment of 22-year-old. I am 25 and still a bit wandering, although I have started to calm me down a bit.

... that work internationally:

- Yes, that's it. I have seen that there have been a chance, I was pretty shocked when I got Fanmail from Japan or Germany are carved wooden figures as a birthday present when you filled the 19th it has been so much response from both "Show Me Love" but also "Miss Sweden". When I noticed that there was an opening in Italy and France, countries that I love, so I wanted to see what it can provide. And I've always thought about other cultures and found it exciting to learn more about it.

... directing his first short film "Lacrimosa":

- I flew down my photographer from Sweden and did everything completely under their own steam. I occupied the role and produced the film all by himself and received the Stockholm International Film Festival. I won an honorable mention and then I realized that perhaps I was on the right track.



Alexandra Dahlström about being cocky, jättekär and adult: I have longed

Ten years ago, she played a drug hungry teens with small-town angst.

Now the comedy current Alexandra Dahlström adult - and Nykär.

- It sounds so unsympathetic to say but I am really happy, "says the actress.

Helen of Sand Mountain and Alexandra Dahlström has nearly identical hairstyles.

It is neither surprising or a problem in itself, but before the premiere recording of current comedy "Mañana" was the one. The actresses involved simply could not see the same out of the movie.

The solution was to dark down Alexandras blonde hair just prior to recording.

For Alexandra Dahlström, as the movie plays hairdresser Petra, took the initiative excellent.

- I asked them out technically how it works and how you look at a head, when to cut it, what you think and stuff like that, "said Alexandra as methodically as enthusiastically.

So many scenes in which knowledge was needed, it was not in "Mañana". And in the few that she needed the help of those who worked in the hairdressing salon where they recorded.
"Is more of lust"

I push up the word verification needs to Rivals most hidden cafe table, but Alexandra protest.

- I go more on the desire and curiosity than the control. But I do not like when people are careless. It's about I want the result to be good. Then I believe it is necessary to have attention to detail and not just believe everything dissolves. You have to do their job fully, then it will be best.

It is an attitude that has taken the 25-year old Alexandra far. Both career and geographically.

Since her last feature film "Miss Sweden" Alexandra has fluctuated between countries and roles, mainly outside Sweden.

She has, among other things, been in Rome for just over two years where a couple of feature film projects was thwarted. Instead, bet on Alexandra SCREEN TEST, learned the Italian film industry, acquired an agent in France, directed his first short film, recording the fifteen sections of the Dutch soap opera "Goede tijden, Slechte tijden".

Alexandra played the Swedish exchange student Skylar Nilsson and mixed Swedish, Dutch and English.

- They sat in a Nordic namnbok and thought it was a typical Norse name. There was no one who had time to explain to them in time that there is so amazingly common name, "says Alexandra, and laughs.

- The series runs each day after the news and that is your own little subculture. Some of the actresses have been in 18 years. But one becomes very connected with the series. It was great fun but perhaps it was not my destiny to be with the Dutch television series.
First Swedish film in five years

Alexandra now lives permanently in Stockholm, but works both in Italy and France.

"Mañana" is her first Swedish film in five years.

- I was so happy over the role of Petra because I can see a more mature side of me. Now I feel really that I have entered a new part of my life where I am a bit more mature and ready for such challenges. One becomes an adult whether you like it or not, and I am very glad that I've been there. I think it's a wonderful thing.

Has only to do with age or are there other things in your life that makes you ready?

- I have friends who have a little anxiety in the age of 25, it is a very age-fixated society we live in. But I like to sit on the bus with dinner in a bag of groceries and think about how to fix it. I feel the anticipation, we have ahead and take responsibility. I really like it. I do think that I have longed to become an adult. It is easy to romanticize their teens, but there is not much to romanticize. It is an interesting time because it is so fragile and everything is on a spatula tip. But it is enough to not think it's nice to leave the time behind him.

Just the fragile adolescence were caught in the "Show Me Love". The film was Alexandra's breakthrough as an actress - but also a pioneering ungdomsfilm that marked a whole generation of teenagers. Least.

- I had a very special adolescence and was involved in so amazingly profound, special and fun things. I've always been grateful that I have had the chance to learn this profession. On their own.
"Nice to have made the movie"

There are over ten years since the movie premiered. How do you see the "Show Me Love" today?

- I say that Luke (Moodysson) - 45 percent proud, 45 percent joy and perhaps ten per cent less to talk about it. I do not want a film to define my life, there are lots of other things that are more relevant and important. I will always have the role of peers and it's very touching. And I will always have a shortcut to young people. In this way, it is very rewarding to have done the movie and that it might be okay to be associated with it.

You and Luke have been friends since then?

- Yes, we have. I'm really good friends with his wife Coco Moodysson is a cartoonist and I'm completely crazy about their children. It feels like a kind of family. But they are quite media shy and does not like that I talk about it in interviews.

How do you think about their own children?

- I'm the 25th I'm so damn happy with how things are now. It sounds so unsympathetic to say we are very happy but I am actually there. I'm jättekär. And I'm so glad what I have in my life.
Want directing feature films

Future plans is in place on the career. And she sees clearly marked out.

- I want to direct this film. It is one of my ...

Alexandra begins on.

- Or goals and objectives, I see it as a matter of course. It sounds so amazingly cheeky to say but it feels like a natural progression of what I do now. I will continue to combine acting with the registrant. And so I am quite interested in doing music videos. I am open to different things, roles and projects. There is nothing that is written in stone. I take it as it will - while I work hard and purposefully.

So she works. Hard, purposefully and with care for details.

Source: Aftonbladet"
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Re: Because The Night

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:33 am

Like I said, a sweetheart. :D :oops:
User avatar
Ian
Webmaster
 
Posts: 12250
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am
Location: Round the Bend

Re: Because The Night

Postby snaps » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:00 pm

I was going to post the whole Google translation then I thought :T mmmm better not :roll: or it will make me look like a demented stalker freak with warped BPD and a splodge of OCD for good measure :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
snaps
Crew Member
 
Posts: 2228
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Fiskargatan 9, Södermalm, 11620 STOCKHOLM

Re: Because The Night

Postby fish » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:24 am

snaps wrote:I was going to post the whole Google translation then I thought :T mmmm better not :roll: or it will make me look like a demented stalker freak with warped BPD and a splodge of OCD for good measure :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww, you say the nicest things. :roll: :lol:
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Re: Because The Night

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:59 am

snaps wrote:I was going to post the whole Google translation then I thought :T mmmm better not :roll: or it will make me look like a demented stalker freak with warped BPD and a splodge of OCD for good measure :lol: :lol: :lol:


I think finding Rebecka's former address and financial records kind of took care of that, snapsie.

:W :lol: :P
User avatar
Ian
Webmaster
 
Posts: 12250
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am
Location: Round the Bend

Re: Because The Night

Postby snaps » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 pm

codyw1 wrote:I think finding Rebecka's former address and financial records kind of took care of that, snapsie. :W :lol: :P

:P :P :P Me a stalker? :oops: I’m all sweetness and light *:)* just an AVID FAN mwhhhuhhhuh :twisted:

Image <<<< what happened to your sexy hunk photo? :lol: I'm pining for its return. :cry:
User avatar
snaps
Crew Member
 
Posts: 2228
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Fiskargatan 9, Södermalm, 11620 STOCKHOLM

Re: Because The Night

Postby Ian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:59 am

I keep it in the attic, like the picture of Dorian Gray. :wink:
User avatar
Ian
Webmaster
 
Posts: 12250
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am
Location: Round the Bend

Re: Because The Night

Postby fish » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 am

Right next to the picture of Dorian Hult. :shock: :twisted: :lol: :P
Fish
User avatar
fish
Crew Member
 
Posts: 12883
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:34 am
Location: Adelaide, Oz

Next

Return to Alexandra Dahlström

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron