Snaps's Musings

Post fan-fiction and fan art here!

Moderators: Ian, snaps

Forum rules
Please respect copyright laws.

Snaps's Musings

Postby snaps » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi. I’m snaps. I’m co-Moderator on this Board, along with Ian, who is Moderator for the Forum as a whole. I’m just making this initial posting to encourage all the other fan-fiction writers and fan-art contributors. Why not open up your own individual thread on this Board?

My thread will tell you a little more about me, and my interest in FA/SML, fan-fiction, and writing in general. I will use this to tell you some more about my plans, work-in-progress etc, and will act as a kind of blog/ rant, for when I feel the need (which is often!).

I am a serious writer and take my work seriously, but I hope I don’t take myself too seriously. If anything I have a rather irreverent approach to life. I like to think I have an open mind, and this thread is open for comment. So really I don’t mind if you ‘chip-in’ with comments.

I have generally found the atmosphere on here to be very friendly, tolerant and supportive. I hope you do too. We are small in number, but highly creatively driven. We shed the occasional tear, have a group hug, but mostly have fun!

I hope you do too. X.

snaps
snaps
Crew Member

Re: Snaps's Musings

Postby fish » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 am

Beautifully said Snaps. *:)*

I love what you've done so far and hope this leads to a renewed enthusiasm in the Forum with visits by the "old" members as well as lots of new ones. Great stuff. :D
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Snaps,i can open my thread,but my works long time on this site and it's difficult to collect all of them)) But i'm try))
Kso
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:34 pm

I only have the one piece of FF to offer [so far?] and that's already hosted...I'll see what I can do...I may be too busy stacking shelves for Poundland soon. :evil:
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Kso wrote:Snaps,i can open my thread,but my works long time on this site and it's difficult to collect all of them)) But i'm try))

Well, if you have time, fine.:Y If you don't, I'll get round to it eventually and give you a hand sorting it. :Y

I'm just a bit short on time at the moment. I need to make the priority people who are not around, whose work might be lost otherwise.
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 pm

DMt. wrote:I only have the one piece of FF to offer [so far?] and that's already hosted...I'll see what I can do...I may be too busy stacking shelves for Poundland soon. :evil:

Well if you don't want to copy your FA/SML FF here, that's fine. I can put a link in the INDEX PAGE both to your original posting (if you like) and/or the PDF version on Ole's site. I leave it up to you, it's your work after all.

I'm trying to keep the focus on FA/SML directly related work atm, but I don't see why other fanfic related to FA/SML THEMES e.g. for LTROI, WL/NdP, shouldn't get a mention in the MISCELLANEOUS section of the INDEX.

What do you think, Ian ? *calls Ian at home at 3.30 am Adelaide time, knowing he won't mind having his latest BEX dream disturbed by lil ole me interrupting*

I'd prefer to stack shelves in Waterstones or HMV. At least there's things there worth getting *coughs* 'staff discount' on. :oops:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oIwtxKZL1XU#t=70s

Even if you never read anymore of my stuff, I would like everyone to watch the above. It's less than two minutes of your time. It is very inspiring. Etienne is a friend, he's only 15 now and has been at this for over a year. He has been through a lot in life already. His first language isn't English, make allowances. He now does a lot to help other LGBT/ unsure kids. If Agnes/ Marie etc had internet back when, I'ma sure it would have inspired confidence against homophobic bullying. Like the positive mssg he sends out, 'It get's better.'
snaps
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Awww...sweet.

It sucks hard enough just being a teenager, never mind having to deal with homophobic arseholes on top of that.

Go Etienne!
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:12 pm

I've added a reworking of my poem ''Bridge Over The Road'' and I've changed my avi to lend me more gravitarse as a Moderator. :)
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Sorry I've been lax in updating this board as intended, but I've had ongoing arguments with the income tax people. I having to work all the hours until the end of the financial year. then I'll be back on track. :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:17 am

snaps wrote:
DMt. wrote:I only have the one piece of FF to offer [so far?] and that's already hosted...I'll see what I can do...I may be too busy stacking shelves for Poundland soon. :evil:

Well if you don't want to copy your FA/SML FF here, that's fine. I can put a link in the INDEX PAGE both to your original posting (if you like) and/or the PDF version on Ole's site. I leave it up to you, it's your work after all.

I'm trying to keep the focus on FA/SML directly related work atm, but I don't see why other fanfic related to FA/SML THEMES e.g. for LTROI, WL/NdP, shouldn't get a mention in the MISCELLANEOUS section of the INDEX.

What do you think, Ian ? *calls Ian at home at 3.30 am Adelaide time, knowing he won't mind having his latest BEX dream disturbed by lil ole me interrupting*
]

Ian thinks that sounds just fine, snaps. But if you interrupt one of my Emma cough Rebecka dreams you're dead. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm

I have finally resolved my differences with the tax man. :r

Thanks for giving us your links DMt. :)

hope to update next week and incorporate all the remaining fan-fic outthere.

Ian you slave-driver you, :roll: do me a favour and give me a listing with links to all your MVIDS plus links that youtube haven't deleted yet :evil:

fish and I have birthdays (actually date since joining this forum) coming up soon. I hope to post something previously unposted to celebrate *:)*
snaps
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:47 pm

A snapsfic? Is it? Huh? Is it?
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 am

snaps wrote:I have finally resolved my differences with the tax man. :r

That sounds like a Snapsfic to me. :shock: :P
Hope it wasn't too costly. :x *:|* :lol:

Yes.
Birthdays.
Yay Snapsie and Fish. *:)* *:)*
I guess I'll try to find something new as well.
Can't have you putting me to shame too often. :oops: :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Right.

slog.slog.slog. :T

I've now settled my differences with Her Majesty Inspectors of Inland Revenue and Customs. I've w*rked off my debt, and won't be going to jail after all. Although why they thought that being locked up on an Open prison farm, with a load of dippy girls, a roof that doesn't leak, heaters that actually work, three square meals a day and a TV screen twenty times the size of my laptop is supposed to be punishment?

Next time I'll opt for jail. :)

I’ll try to get things updated on the Board during April.
snaps
Crew Member

Next

Return to Fan-fiction/ Fan art