What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Ian » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 am

Just type "The Feast of Steven animation" into YT. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:11 am

Some people just want me to do all the w*rk. :roll: :P :lol:

Ta.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby sydney » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:46 am

I am going through my Susanne Bier collection right now. Really great! *:)*

sydney

Postby Ian » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:24 am

Buffy: First Kiss. The "Is Giles really Giles or The First?" subplot is resolved, perhaps inevitably given that they were unlikely to off Anthony Head, with comedy - and perhaps Giles' greatest ever line (relating to the fact that The First has no physical presence):

"Wait... you thought I was evil because I took a group of young girls on a camping trip and I DIDN'T touch them?!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 am

Finished the 7th and final season of Buffy. The last 5 eps get a boost from the introduction of Nathan Fillion (now best known for things like Castle) as invincible misogynistic psycho preacher Caleb, the First's right hand man in its bid to bring on the apocalypse. He gets what is perhaps the scariest and most shocking intro of any Buffy villain, by the end of his 1st episode having slain several of the season's supporting characters and committed perhaps the most shocking act of violence ever seen in the series when he permanently semi-blinds one of the leads by... gouging out his eye! :shock: :shock:

The final episode itself is suitably epic (with a spectacular showdown with hundreds of the Uber-vamps in what seems like a scene from a huge fantasy movie, not a relatively low budget TV show) Simply fantastic. Still one of my very favourite television series of all time, from beginning to end. .

I miss this show.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:16 am

The "Amy's wedding" episode of the Doctor.

I always cry at weddings. :oops:

Loved it.

My god she's beautiful. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:30 am

The Big Bang, that would be (I know these things, you see :roll: ). Very good. And yes she is. *:)* :)P Allegedly still going to be in it next year too. :wink:

Started That 70s Show season 4.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:57 pm

We recently gave in the TV film´s fairy tale : ,,O Janovi a jeho podivuhodném příteli '' ( About John and his remarkable friend )
It is the Czech - Slovak fairy tale based on the book by Hans C. Andersen. Which is a Danish writer. I love his fairy tales. This film is from 1990 I mean and it have a very special atmosphere.
It is also a film in which I first heard the name Agnes. That there called spellbound princess. I saw this film when I was a child and we had it so on VHS and I was always in the name inspired
such a strange feeling. Especially when it was in that movie several times pronounce sorcerer ( by calling the princess to himself - Aaagnes....Aaagnes... - really cold )
This is just for fun. Then when I was confronted with that name somewhere else (whether in movies or somewhere else) I always get it right merged with this fairy tale or with this princess, and with that and especially with really horror and ghostly atmosphere. I always thought that name a lot of mystical and thanks to this film.
Today it but I more associated with figure of FA and with Rebecka. But I remember well so this film, but not so sharply...
I think it's very important what we watched as a child or when we was small, or we saw something or fixed something with something and we connected and get together. Then it has on our imagination in later life big enough impact.
Even just for curiosity: I discovered that the name Agnes in Czech translates as,, Anežka'' (Instead of ''g'' is there ''ž'' which would say you could be like in French as: ''Je'' It is necessary in a sentence: "Je t'aime " - so that ''ž'' with us pronounced it ''Je'' It's sort of I would explain it :lol: ). Also, if you would not ''g'' want to keep it as you would like to garble: Agneska, but it was more like a nick (nickname) - mix name Agnes and Anežka ( it give people themselves on somewhere web which prefer like Agnes than Anežka and so make garble ).
My other favorite is: ,,Malá mořská víla'' ( The Little Mermaid ), which we also worked on film and it is very
quality film with excellent music and the main beautiful actress. It has also special atmosphere. I would like to recommend, if only it was at least with English subtitles ... :( :T
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 am

Agnes the princess.

Perfect. *:)* 8) :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:46 am

How very appropriate. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:10 am

Started Angel season 5.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:56 am

katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

Oh dear, I think this Agnes is not to be trusted. :(

And I was so worried about her safety in the first clip. With those guys following her through the sky, and then the one with the feathers all down his arm. :shock:

Is she a nice person that I've just misunderstood? :)
Or is she really mean? :x
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:06 pm

those black guys with snake helmets are so repulsive...when I was a child I scared of they. Yes she is good, but the evil sorcerer Magnus her dominates....
in this clip is poor guy which save her and the other guy is his miraculous friend :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=438CZzwxC8M&playnext=1&list=PL0993B9A08AE4FB44
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:52 am

I assume those statues with the human eyes were really people put under a spell. :shock:
I can see where they'd be very scary, especially for kids.

And I'm definitely going to avoid anyone I see wearing a hat like this. :wink: :P :lol:

Fish
fish
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment