What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 am

I think you're probably right there.

OMG fish! :lol: :T

It's rather a shame we're not going to see those characters again (unless the proposed movie, which apparently centres mostly on the 3/4 cast, ever gets off the ground). Especially given the way series 4 ended! I felt a bit like Stan in South Park after that. "You b******s!" :shock: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 pm

fish - yeah, I feel it anyway even though I'd rather have had some affection for those ''a boy's issues'' - as you have better ones ''women's issues'' so that is not the case. The only previously seen the movie about gey's theme was Maurice 1987 - Sommersturm I got pretty similar with this film. For example: the boys chose the same type - that is decisive, then the storyline was more or less similar. I do not know what's in our TV going on, but lately the movies with this theme ,,proliferated send out'' a very delicate thing - it is probably because it was about a week ago in Prague a demonstration march of homosexuals. While I do not think that we aren´t tolerant of our country, on the contrary, I think that we other have it pretty well balanced, and familiarized the public to they. So I do not understand why such marches in our country still do and they still have about themselves in this way to give to know. Even in our TV broadcast American series ''The L Word'' (funny is that in our turn it translated as ''Láska je láska'' ( Love is love) which is the name for Fucking Amal ... like be have to everything associated with lesbians, would be like naming - in one fetus started Czech controversial music clip / song - very famous, but about it I already spoke ) Regarding Sommersturmu, quite liked it, but I included it on the level of Lost and Delirious. Well you have to get any rest, these films I've seen enough. :T
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:22 am

It's probably time to ramble on with a few of my thoughts about stuff. :roll: Image

I think that for far too long films were made by men with a chauvanistic view of the world, and the women in those films were very much stereotypically oppressed and almost invisible. (Mind you, the male roles tended to be shown as stereotypically the oppressors too.) Only in the last few decades have female characters been stronger and better written, most particularly by women writers, and a healthy portion of those have been in the gay genre.

I also cannot find anything redeeming in films which depict violence as their central theme, and as I find that many films with strong female characters concentrate more on cerebral matters I have a greater preference for them. Give me the gentle romance of a Jane Austin over the uber-butch Sly Stallone any day.

Before you all fall asleep, I'd describe myself as someone who'd rather see two girls, (or guys), sharing a kiss on the news than to see evidence of the latest body counts in the various conflicts around the world. So, I support equality of the genders, of the various sexual preferences, of all races, creeds, social status, whatever.

(I also strongly believe that no matter what problems arise in the world, war is the worst possible solution. Absolutely the worst possible.)

Shall I go on? :shock: Image
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:15 am

Yes :Y
snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:46 pm

I've finally got all first three series on DVD of 'Spiral' a.k.a 'Engrenages' the French crime/ political thriller, which has been shown on telly over here. Don't you get this in Oz or anywhere else? Its very gritty, realistic, makes Wallender look like Miss Marple. There's also a very wicked but delicious red-head lawyer in it as a central charcter, for a bonus :)P

snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:03 am

snaps wrote:Yes :Y

Image :oops:

snaps wrote:...There's also a very wicked but delicious red-head lawyer in it as a central charcter, for a bonus :)P

'Spiral' sounds like something else for me to track down. :D *:)* :)P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:41 am

I've not heard of it, snaps.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 am

Civilisation comes to Australia courtesy of snaps :D More Audrey Fleurot from Engrenages :wink:

snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:08 pm

fuckyeahwot! :D Being in love with Audrey Fleurot is almost as good as being in love with myself (which I am) O-) Do you think I have a problem? :shock: I think the trick-cyclists call this narcissistic complex :Y Who cares? *:)* Bring it on :D I Iove myself to bitz, practically have an orgasm looking at myself in the mirror :lol:

snaps
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:48 am

Doctor Who - Let's Kill Hitler! As of now... middling. A lot to like, but plenty to dislike too, namely how rushed a lot of it seemed. My favourite bits were the flashbacks actually - always great to see little Amelia, and the teenage-Amy-realises-Rory-likes-her scene was frickin' hilarious.

(friend rolls her eyes at Amy and Rory NOT being a couple because they so obviously want to be)

Amy: What are you talking about? That's ridiculous!

Rory (half-heartedly): Yeah, that's ridiculous.

Amy: I mean, don't get me wrong, he's gorgeous... but he's gay.

Rory (blinks): I'm not gay.

Amy: Oh Rory, don't be silly, of course you're gay.

Rory: I'm NOT gay!

Amy (patiently, like she's talking to a small child): Of course you are. We've been hanging around together for like 10 years now. You name me one girl in all that time you've paid even the slightest bit of attention to.

Rory (looks at her, panics and flees)

Amy (penny dropping): Oh. My. GOD! :lol:

Had me struggling to keep up at times, though, so another viewing is definitely in order to figure out what I actually think of it.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:06 am

snaps wrote:Civilisation comes to Australia courtesy of snaps :D More Audrey Fleurot from Engrenages :wink: ...

That's like 28 episodes over 5 years. :shock:
Audrey is gorgeous and all, and she reminds you of you ( :)P ), but I want to know if the show's any good.
I mean, should I buy the whole bloody series on the basis that you fell in lust with Audrey? *:)* :P :lol:

Ian wrote:...Amy (penny dropping): Oh. My. GOD! :lol: ...

Best part in that whole episode.
I loved that "realisation" moment. :oops: :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:38 am

I've bought things for lesser reasons. :wink: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby snaps » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:42 am

fish wrote:Audrey is gorgeous and all, and she reminds you of you ( :)P ), but I want to know if the show's any good. I mean, should I buy the whole bloody series on the basis that you fell in lust with Audrey? *:)* :P :lol:

No, don't buy any of it. I'm not prepared to share Audrey with anyone else :N :evil:

On the other hand as you are a respectable and responsible person, I'll allow you to share alternate nights. :)P

Read the reviews. It is highly rated as a refreshing approach to filming with an excellent cast. Absolutely everyone is corrupt in it. The politicians, police and lawyers are even bigger bastids than the crooks. :Y

Why not buy the first series, you should be able to get for 12 -15 quid. Each of the eight episodes is about an hour. Guaranteed you won't just be able to play one at a time, you'll automatically need to see the next one. If you like it, sell your DVD to Ian and tell him its so-so, then buy the box set of Series 1 - 3, then have withdrawl symptoms while you wait for Series 4 to come out on DVD . :twisted:
snaps
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:33 am

Big night of research ahead then, eh?

I like your idea of selling it to Ian after. Image
Don't tell him about my plan though. :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

I don't think that's going to work somehow. :P

Started Newsradio season 1. Still hilarious. One of my favourite comedy series of all time. :D
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment