What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am

It's like a crazy mix of comic book (being a Batman prequel), noir and epic OTT soap opera. :lol: I did like the homage (re: blatant steal) to Batman Returns in the one I saw today though, with Selina getting shoved out the glass window and her seemingly lifeless body then being surrounded by cats. Total lift, but nicely done! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:59 am

Elementary: The Illustrious Client/The One Who Got Away. Things get very personal for Holmes and Watson when the body of a murdered woman provides evidence that the man who abducted and abused Holmes' protege Kitty in London two years ago has arrived in New York - possibly to finish the job. This gripping and chilling 2 parter may also be the most powerful and emotional Elementary to date.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 am

Currently rewatching season 5 of Dexter. I had no idea - mainly cause I had no idea who he was the last time I watched this - that Jonny Lee Miller is the main villain of this season (a rich and famous "motivational speaker" who's also the leader of a pack of serial rapist-killers). Having become completely addicted to Elementary the last couple of years, and gotten so used to him as Holmes, it's so bizarre seeing him as this cold-blooded psychopath (complete with American accent)! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:05 am

Saw a bit of new sci-fi show The Orville on SBS the other night. Unfortunately I didn't know it was on so I missed the first bunch of episodes, but what I saw looked like really good fun, and it's already got a second season in the US, so I think I'm gonna buy the season 1 DVD that came out here this week. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:46 am

If you're on "SBS On Demand" you might be able to catch up here.

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/the-orville
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:34 am

Too late, already bought the DVD. :D

I can only get that on my computer anyway, not my TV, and I hate watching shows on a small monitor. :wink:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:57 am

Miss Marple: The Body in the Library. Miss Marple is called in when some well-to-do friends wake up one morning to find the body of an unknown young blonde girl in their library. The very first Joan Hickson Marple from 1984, and still hugely enjoyable across 2 and a half hours. Looks gorgeous on Blu ray too. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Entertainment