What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Ian » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:03 am

It's like a crazy mix of comic book (being a Batman prequel), noir and epic OTT soap opera. :lol: I did like the homage (re: blatant steal) to Batman Returns in the one I saw today though, with Selina getting shoved out the glass window and her seemingly lifeless body then being surrounded by cats. Total lift, but nicely done! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:59 am

Elementary: The Illustrious Client/The One Who Got Away. Things get very personal for Holmes and Watson when the body of a murdered woman provides evidence that the man who abducted and abused Holmes' protege Kitty in London two years ago has arrived in New York - possibly to finish the job. This gripping and chilling 2 parter may also be the most powerful and emotional Elementary to date.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 am

Currently rewatching season 5 of Dexter. I had no idea - mainly cause I had no idea who he was the last time I watched this - that Jonny Lee Miller is the main villain of this season (a rich and famous "motivational speaker" who's also the leader of a pack of serial rapist-killers). Having become completely addicted to Elementary the last couple of years, and gotten so used to him as Holmes, it's so bizarre seeing him as this cold-blooded psychopath (complete with American accent)! :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Entertainment