What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:47 am

Resubscribed to Netflix (not had it since August) on the ad tier of 6.99 a month (10 bucks less). To be fair, I watched like two hours last night and had two short ads.
Watched the first two eps of Fool Me Once. A former soldier who seemingly exited in disgrace and who has already lost her sister to a violent home invasion witnesses her husband gunned down by robbers... only to see him on a hidden nanny-cam not long after the funeral. Pretty good so far. Joanna Lumley's in it. Bloody hell she's still going!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:44 pm

Netflix has behaved badly and deserves its own punishment for being greedy.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:38 am

Still better than Disney+. :P :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:06 am

Been doing a Smallville rewatch marathon for the first time since it ended, onto season 9 now. 3, 5 and 6 are my faves so far. 7 was pretty good and it was fun to have James Marsters back as Brainiac, though losing Lionel, Lana and Lex in the space of a few eps was a bit much. I am glad they brought Lana back for a multi-episode guest stint in season 8, though, as while it sat rather oddly in the middle of the season (would have been better earlier) her exit the previous season sucked absolute balls. Brainiac turns her into a vegetable, she disappears for a bunch of eps and then when she wakes up (off-screen) after he's destroyed, her exit is a pre-recorded videotape. Like, really? That's the exit you give your leading lady for the last seven years? F off!
8 was pretty solid, though, with the Davis Bloome/Doomsday arc giving it plenty of welly.
Ian
Webmaster

Previous

Return to Entertainment