What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Moderator: Ian

Re: What Are You Currently Watching (on tv/dvd)?

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:41 am

I watched elementary, many chapters and I really liked it.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:34 pm

Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:52 pm

I really like boy-girl movies that are true friends.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:21 am

Halfway through my season 1 blu ray set of (the original) Magnum PI. Really enjoying revisiting this show.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:10 am

Been rediscovering Watching, a late 80s/early 90s UK romantic comedy series. Liked it as a kid and teen but never got to see the last two seasons as Aussie TV, in their infinite wisdom, didn't bother with it, and never saw any of it again for 31 years until I imported the DVD set late last year. Really enjoyed it. Couldn't really remember it bar the main characters (and the massive cliffhanger at the end of season 5 that I was left with for 30 years!). Emma Wray was damn cute back in the day. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:30 am

The Night Agent on Netflix. Pretty good so far. I find a lot of these shows these days really odd though, as I recognise almost none of the actors anymore. Only person I recognised in this was T2/XFiles' Robert Patrick (who is looking fecking old) who was killed off in episode 2... :lol:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:54 am

X Files: Within/Without. Robert Patrick arrives as Agent John Doggett leading the hunt for Mulder in the wake of his disappearance. This two parter is a great opener to season 8, IMO the last great season of The X Files.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:21 am

Ian wrote:X Files: Within/Without. Robert Patrick arrives as Agent John Doggett leading the hunt for Mulder in the wake of his disappearance. This two parter is a great opener to season 8, IMO the last great season of The X Files.

It was a great show because it left out the crazy people who see aliens everywhere and make up what they don't know.

I stopped watching the series because Everything about the USA ends up boring me because they always put patriotism in it. I was in the USA and they even put it in the children's parks.
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:58 am

The Bill: Deadline. David Tennant is a creepy weirdo who kidnaps a 15 year old girl in this double-length episode. Catching the creep takes CID no time at all, but there's no trace of the girl and evidence soon emerges he may have her locked in a refrigerated van somewhere... that's also airtight. This is a cracking good episode with the mid90s-early2000s awesome CID lineup (Beech! Boulton! Deakin! Meadows!). :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:17 am

My new TV can get more streamers than my other one could, so since I've ditched Netflix for the time being I thought I'd sign up and see what Disney+ has going for it. We'll see how it goes, but with the Fox catalogue it's already got a lot more than Netflix does for me (like Buffy!), plus Who is coming in November over here of course so it looks like I've no bloody option anyway (for a while anyhow)!
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:15 am

Started watching Werewolf By Night last night but turned it off. Felt too forced and mannered and couldn't get into it.

But I did watch the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, which was enormous fun! Very funny and quite touching. I really enjoyed this! :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:54 am

Watched several old Wogan/Les Dawson Blankety Blank eps on YT lately. Surprisingly they're actually really funny.

Whither a DVD release? :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Santi » Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:44 am

DVD? Any people still using the DVD?
Santi
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:58 am

Watched the first 3 eps of Star Trek: Picard season 3 last night. I have seen next to nothing of "NuTrek" (i.e the stuff made since 2017 by a different production company to the old ones), as most of it looks and sounds utter crud, but this got generally very good reviews and actually looked like Trek, so I thought I'd give it a go. Was going to get the Blu but it's insanely expensive at the mo' so I signed up to Paramount Plus for a month instead (I can always pick up the Blu later on when it goes down). It's very enjoyable so far. This is what people were wanting/expecting from the first seasons, basically a TNG reunion, and it's a lot of fun so far. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:46 am

The Practice: The Candidate. Dylan Baker guest stars as a Senatorial candidate arrested for murder after a man, believed to be having an affair with his wife, is found shot to death in his marital bed. Baker claims mistaken self-defence, that he believed him to be an intruder attacking his wife, but neither he, his wife or his teenage daughter are telling the whole truth... This feature-length episode is a cracking start to season 6. :D
Ian
Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment