Cosplay

Moderator: Ian

Cosplay

Postby snaps » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Is anyone else into cosplay? Anyone been to any Convention in cossie? :shock: *:)*

OK.

Question 1) If you were to cosplay someone from FA/SML at a Reunion convention ... which character would you dress up as? I would like to cosplay Johan Hult :D at least the cossie components are easy to come by, and I already have the clueless, confused look. :?

Question 2) What other character from a book, TV story or film would you think you would be good at cosplaying? :T
snaps
Crew Member

Re: Cosplay

Postby fish » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:30 am

Dear Clueless and Confused,
I'd like to dress up as Elin's absent father.
1/. No costume required. :shock:
and
2/. I'd be able to hunt you down for what you did to my sweet, innocent 14 year old daughter. :twisted:

Never heard of a "Cosplay", but it sounds like fun. *:)*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby katka » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:28 pm

what it's cosplay please ? I have absolutely no idea... :roll: :T
otherwise the question is whose clothes like the characters in the film we wanted to wear or carry? :roll:
katka
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Daaam, Snaps...People don't know what is "cosplay". How could it be possible? Probably, japan culture even not enslave the world))
It's something like this:
mario-kids-cosplay[1].jpg
mario-kids-cosplay[1].jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 15855 times

And this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVjZYrQ5oxY&feature=plcp
Ofcourse, i would like to cosplay Agnes, but i think i have little problem with this)))
Kso
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

Mmmmm cosplay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay

Basically just means ''costume play'' but means different things to different people, depending on how seriously they take it.

Japanese in origin, but Ima sure you have seen pics of people attending Star Trek conventions dressed up as their fave characters? *:)*

Others, especially in Game worlds take it all VERY seriously, with RP (role play) games and people getting ''voted out'' for not keeping in character :Y

Nevermind. *:|*

This is a pic of Ian and Fish attending an Australian ThunderbirdsConvention. Patiently awaiting the groupie chicklets to appear :D

snaps
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Kso wrote:Daaam, Snaps...People don't know what is "cosplay". How could it be possible? Probably, japan culture even not enslave the world))
It's something like this:
mario-kids-cosplay[1].jpg

And this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVjZYrQ5oxY&feature=plcp
Ofcourse, i would like to cosplay Agnes, but i think i have little problem with this)))

@ kso :D :D Love the lil marios! Makes it worth bearing the pain of childbirth, just so you can dress them up and have fun with them. *:)*

I've seen your real pic before. You have a very fine bone structure, THAT tends to carry you through a lifetime, no matter how much weight you put on. Ima sure no doubt, you could cosplay Agnes. :N Daaam, might be enough to bring Bex outta retirement. :D
snaps
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 pm

I couldn't play any of the FA characters, they're all far too young. I would have to be Agnes' embarrassing old hippy granddad or something...you know, the one who always gets drunk and starts telling everyone about the UFO the night she was born, and what they said about Agnes being a Star Person. :mrgreen:

Other characters? None, I originally thought, but Spock is perhaps a possibility.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:49 pm

[quote="DMt."]I couldn't play any of the FA characters, they're all far too young. I would have to be Agnes' embarrassing old hippy granddad or something...you know, the one who always gets drunk and starts telling everyone about the UFO the night she was born, and what they said about Agnes being a Star Person. {/quote]

Dave

that sounds right on like a really GREAT crossover with ''NARKONTAKT'' I always felt this TV prod was a little lightweight. With the introduction of a third generation character (like yourself) it would lend gravitas. It would raise it to another level. Seriously. I think you might work up a tense fanfic on this. Where you and Nina intuitively know , but what her Papa doesn't quite get yet.

COSPLAY RULES!
snaps
Crew Member

Postby katka » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:07 am

Oh, well I thought it a bit :lol: A modern English abbreviations or combination of two words quite I haven't such good control and I didn't want to search somewhere in web. :roll:
thanks for you good explain :D :wink:

Well I want like to re-dress for Agnes - it'll be easy because such clothing which has she I have too :lol: , ofcourse oooold as Methuselah :lol: , but still I wear it :roll: :D But it would was be possible also like Elin because same as she I had too some pieces of clothing once upon a time :D Unlike this pants....sale such pants by us was probably fake, because one strip had in addition, I think :roll: I mean now her pants which has here:

:lol: I remeber that this same pants was famous also by us. :lol: But unfortunately (soon after this radical sharp rise popularity) was this pants were ridiculed but I bought it yet and then I found out what the stories about it at school began to expand. Such a bullshit ! Imagine you that it was some as: ''Four strips for poof'' Probably you know what does this mean...simply somebody saw Fucking Amal (Láska je láska) when this film had premiere some time in year 1999 by us...so after this year someone invented this crap (identified as those pants are gay :evil: ), which in our elementary school showed up two years later, when these pants for us to grow. Obviously taht in time they saw a strong connection, but my peers and I obviously did not know about it because we were still too small (2001, 2002 :roll: about the fifth, sixth grade) we had no idea what is happening in the world of teenagers from eighth grade bellow. So one my friend who had it too, is immediately stopped wearing. But I didn't. I had it at least in gym. :lol: .....That's my short story about czech Elin's striped pants mimicking Adidas :roll: :lol:

Then I aspiring to Agnes's plaid shirt. I saw one such, but I could not buy it, so I have to wait some time. :lol:

I think that I can cosplay like both girls, because if I follow the nature of their characters, so I have a little bit of both, Agnes and Elin, has different characters which I had in elementary school too, because I was teacher's child (my mom :roll: ) and these two positions and behavior to me quite often manifested through continuous struggle with this syndrome among other children. For example: one time I was as dominat girl between mom's class where were younger child(unlike two years) as me and some time I was again submissive-introvert girl when I was in my class. :roll: A little schizophrenic not ? :lol:
katka
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:12 am

Obvious, really, innit?

Get my Gryffindor robes and dress up as Harry. I wonder if it would have the desired effect on Emma? :mrgreen: :roll: :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 am

No!
I refuse to dress up as Emma. :T (Again. :oops: )

I'd love to get into Agnes' and Elin's pants too, but it sounds like Kat's beaten me to it. :shock: :P :lol:
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 am

I'm so disappointed. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby katka » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm

:lol:
I hope that it takes a bit of hyperbole :lol:
When I return to the distant past, often enough, I dressed for Vinetou, D'Artagnan and next for all kinds of heroes on horseback with a rifle or sword in hand. :lol: *:)*
If you want to hire someone Vinnetou costume, it's available to me. :D :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Postby Kso » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Emma trying to cosplay Agnes :mrgreen: Elin did't notice difference :T
Emma cosplay.jpg
Emma cosplay.jpg (192.5 KiB) Viewed 15836 times
Kso
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:01 am

Kso wrote:Emma trying to cosplay Agnes...

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My patience is wearing a bit thin now.
Those groupie chicklets you promised have yet to appear.
Another few days and I'm giving it away. :( *:|*
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Next

Return to Entertainment