Adèle Haenel

Moderator: Ian

Re: Adèle Haenel

Postby katka » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Great that she is left handed. So we have two things in common. We are as old and both left-hander I should consider include Adele in some my a YT musical tribute... :roll:
katka
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:28 am

Ian wrote:...For purely professional reasons. *:|* :P

No. That won't w*rk.
I've already tried it. :oops: :lol:

Here's "Les Grandes Forêts", a 27 min shortfilm starring Adèle. http://comediennes.org/video/adele-haenel-grandes-forets

"At the root of Les Grandes Forêts are two actors, Adèle Haenel and Christophe Raymond, and the desire to echo this meeting in a simple and urgent way.
The film plays with three characters: Lise, Gilles and the forest. It is a film about family ties, their strength and absurdity. There is a couple. A sister who finds herself forced to help a brother she barely knows. There are the great forests. The forests of childhood, mysterious, frightening and full of stories, of small adventures. There is unease, fear, awkwardness and exhaustion, all part of this nearly motionless journey."

While you're there check out the rest of the site too. Lots of pics and vids. *:)*

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 pm

It must be awful, being so classically drop-dead gorgeous. Even Pauline has it easier than that. But Adele strikes me as someone who can handle the responsibility in a creative way, and make art of it.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:34 am

"The young actress, born of a French mother and an Austrian father, was noted in 2007 in the film Water Lilies. The metaphor of the aquatic animal is reflected through the teenage fan of synchronized swimming as well as the tentacles of desire and jealousy it arouses. However, it is in the film by Bertrand Bonello 'Apollonides' that her femininity explodes. The film, which takes a brothel scene in 1900, earned her a César nomination for most promising newcomer.

In the middle of corsets and dresses in velvet, the intensity of the actress stands out in this cast of ladies of the night. The perfect classic beauty of her face, and her maddeningly voluptuous form, exude a strong presence in this role that combines resilience and rebellious spirit. In 2009, Adèle Haenel had also participated in a Swiss production 'Déchaînées' directed by Raymond Vouillamoz in the role of a law clerk confronted with the choice to abort. The movie told the story of 40 years of women through the archives of the TSR and three generations of actresses. Indeed, the roles chosen by the actress are often related to thematic approaches to femininity in a way that is atypical, highly sensitive and intimate.

The intense roles selected so far suggest that the beautiful actress' blue eyes and deep voice will continue to focus on auteur cinema to Hollywood blockbusters. Adèle Haenel is already looking abroad, saying she wanted to work with Terrence Malick (The Thin Red Line, Tree of Life), David Lynch and the German director of Turkish origin Fatih Akin, for which she is ready to practice the language of Goethe. Her love affair with the big screen is just beginning."

http://www.bilan.ch/articles/luxe/une-actrice-suivre
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:08 am

DMt. wrote:... Her love affair with the big screen is just beginning...

Thank goodness for that. *:)*
Lovely article.

And we still have the film festival at Bordeaux to look forward to next week. *:)*

Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 am

Cute little interview [in English] from Shooting Stars 2012 - http://vimeo.com/36815067
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:18 am

Nice one Dave. *:)*

She seems such a level headed, intelligent peason and at only 23 she has a long career in front of her.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Adele and Celine Sallette ['Julie' from Les Revenants] in a 10m clip from L'Appollonide;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqkV7aeFJyA

8)

And the full movie! -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEG1AN_ao8w
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby DMt. » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:22 am

My God, that's a dark film...I'm glad I know nothing of brothels and prostitution, even the so-called high-class end, the 'elegant', 'sophisticated' world shown there.

It's beautifully shot and acted, and the scenes of the girls' affection for each other in their time off are very touching; but it left me with a sick feeling, more than a whiff of corruption. I doubt I'll watch it again anytime soon.

Adele's character says at one point, "If I ever get out of here, I'll never make love again", and you know just what she means.

Celine Sallette is excellent too, a great tragedienne.
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby fish » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:28 am

I watched L'Appollonide on the World Movies channel a few weeks ago and had the same reaction as you I think.
I felt there was an overwhelming sense of tragedy about the whole thing.
Nothing glamorous despite the façade they presented.
And the scene in which the poor girl was cut by that bastard was horrific.

The contrast at the end with the present day prostitutes just seemed to complete the downward spiral.

I though it was a good film but I don't want to watch it again in the near future, that's for sure.
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby snaps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Adèle Haenel, #César2014 de la Meilleure Actrice dans un Second Rôle

© William Bibet, Maude Artarit, Léonor De Chanterac, Gaylord Balizet - ENS Louis-Lumière pour l'Académie des César 2014

Adèle Haenel, #César2014 for best actress in a Second Role © William Beth, Maude Ainsworth, Leonor De Chantérac, Gaylord Balizet - ENS Louis-Lumière for the Academy of the 2014 Caesar (Translated by Bing)
— at Théâtre du Châtelet.

snaps
Crew Member

Postby Dahls » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:33 am

That's nice.
Anyone know anything about what film she was awarded for?
Dahls
Crew Member

Postby fish » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:23 am

It was for the role of Maria in the film Suzanne.

Sounds like one not to be missed. *:)*

Here's the IMDb page. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2298416/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

I think Snaps needs tips on imgur too... :mrgreen:
Ian
Webmaster

Postby DMt. » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Wheee... 8)

After the famous Kstew 'Hey Girl' thread;
http://heygirlitsadelehaenel.tumblr.com/

Trailer, the source of many great pix of Adele;
http://vimeo.com/8845357
DMt.
Crew Member

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment