Your top ten lesbian films of all time

Moderator: Ian

Re: Your top ten lesbian films of all time

Postby katka » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:47 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:
katka wrote:in Sweden it is possible that lesbian theme was nothing new, but good for us, yes.

Maybe some eastern european countries were more conservative, and this lesbian theme was something completely new to you.

Have there been any lesbian theme in Czech films after Fucking Åmål?

I think that nobody had the courage to make such a film by us. After some time, when such films was began to appear elsewhere in the world, yes. Here were shot a total of two titles, if I well know. One is as a feature film (,,Pusinky'' - The Dolls. It is a film that brought me to the Fucking Amal, so it is very important to me) and the other is a television movie of the cycle ,,Soukromé pasti'' (Private trap) called ,,Jiná láska'' (Different Love ). :wink:
katka
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:05 am

The thing i love about Fucking Amal is that its not really all about the girls been Lesbian but its about been true to yourself and been a teenager. I always feel and you might disagree with me on this (i know a few of you will :D ) that it could have been about a straight couple and it would have been the same effect if they had the same chemstry as Rebecka and alexandra. I think the Lesbian side of things was put in to shock (Teenage girls fall in love) to cause a bit of a stir and get audiences in really. Thank to both lead actress and Moodysson script its dealt with in a honest way. But i never taught Fucking Amal was just about been a Lesbian film thats why its always been voted the best Lesbian film cause its not all about sexuality. i hope that made sense :)
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby DMt. » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:10 am

Sure Cheev, love is what it's all about.

it would indeed work just as well with a straight couple [I think], because, hey, love is love 8)
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" - Voltaire
DMt.
Crew Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:17 am

Agnes&Elin Forever! wrote:
katka wrote:in Sweden it is possible that lesbian theme was nothing new, but good for us, yes.

Maybe some eastern european countries were more conservative, and this lesbian theme was something completely new to you.

Have there been any lesbian theme in Czech films after Fucking Åmål?

speaking as a Irish person about irish cinema i can't remember one film been fully made on a Lesbian subject matter (a film called Goldfish Memory has a little storyline about a lesbian couple but thats it). I don't think its cause its been conservative plenty of films have been made about gay men. I do think a film like Fucking Amal could be made here dont think it would be a major commercial success like it was in Sweden.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Postby Cheevers4ever » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 am

DMt. wrote:Sure Cheev, love is what it's all about.

it would indeed work just as well with a straight couple [I think], because, hey, love is love 8)

Thats it Dmt, thats why i would chose Fucking Amal over any teenage film about love cause its honest and its real. The ups and downs like what love is in real life.
Cheevers4ever
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Entertainment