Last Film You Watched

Moderator: Ian

Re: Last Film You Watched

Postby Ian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 am

The Strange and Deadly Occurrence. A family begin to be terrorised in their new home by an unseen enemy. Is it a personal vendetta, or does someone just want them out of the house for their own reasons? Robert Stack and Vera Miles star in this standard but still pretty entertaining mid 70s TV movie thriller.
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:22 am

Saw Happy Death Day 2U at the cinema the other day. The original was slight but fun, but this one is bloated and unnecessarily wildly overcomplicated, losing the simplistic conceit and thus charm of the original with unwanted gobbledygook explanations and a wholly unwanted lurch more into sci-fi and even broader comedy than horror. Eh, I wasn't impressed. :(

Saw. Two men wake up chained in a bathroom, the latest victims of a notorious serial killer known as "Jigsaw", and soon find themselves expected to play a very deadly game. Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Monica Potter and Michael Emerson star in the original Saw which, even despite its endless pointless sequels, remains a potent and intense horror thriller come whodunnit. Still a very fine film. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:54 am

Ian wrote:...wake up chained in a bathroom...

Don't you hate it when that happens? *:|* :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:10 am

It's called Sunday in my house. :P
Ian
Webmaster

Postby Ian » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:16 am

Can't Hardly Wait. With graduation over and just one last big blowout high school party left to go, Preston (Ethan Embry) has just a few hours left to tell the girl of his dreams (Jennifer Love Hewitt) how he feels about her. I hadn't seen this late 90s teen comedy for about 14 years despite having it on DVD, but just upgraded it to a Blu ray and actually thoroughly enjoyed it last night. I must admit I like it more than the American Pie movies, probably because the humour is a lot less of the cringe/grossout variety (which seems to be all modern comedies consist of these days). There's a great ensemble and almost a who's who of late 90s young Hollywood, and Seth Green all but steals the show with his laughable wannabe gangster talk. It looks lovely on Blu too, so glad I upgraded. :D
Ian
Webmaster

Postby fish » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:36 am

Ian wrote:...so glad I upgraded. :D

Showing off again I see. Image :P
Fish
fish
Crew Member

Postby Ian » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:20 am

I have to show off about something. :P